Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] Milan Lucic (7 years, $6.000M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeModano9

Oct 27, 2011
Tallahassee
Didn't get a raise? Did he get a NMC or NYC? If not that's a year too long. Lucic just said he picked Edmonton because of McDavid hahahah

Batrous

May 4, 2016
I remember with the Clarkson hype how the Oilers fans were happy to have avoided a bullet so to speak.

Hopefully Lucic does well in Edomonton but with the game in a fast paste I wonder if someone like that can still perform at a high enough level to be worth a $6 million cap hit.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Lucic has a serious hard on Mcdavid. He said he only signed for that reason

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
So I post this:

So before this topic reaches several pages and even threads like the Hall trade, I'd like to challenge those coming in this thread who like to post ten words or less to try and answer a question while they're here:

Is Edmonton with Lucic and Larsson a better team than solely Hall? If they're worse, why?

If you choose not to take up that question and insist on the drive-bys, we'll know what your motivation really is (and it's not to have an honest discussion).

And we get the following right after:

What a horrendous deal! Edmonton keeps oiling.

First the Hall trade new this lol? Good job Chia

Plus many more.

I'm glad these folks are honest about their intentions. Is anyone actually willing to talk about this, rather than try for cute insults?

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Wow! The Oilers are desperate. I didn't think they could top the Hall trade, but they sure did it. Chia is serious about cementing his spot as one of the most inept GM's of all time!

Check the Backes, Ladd, Nielsen and Eriksson deal. Every player got was too much term.

Nielson is 32 a middle 6 player and walked away with 6 yrs.

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
My exact thoughts. Ouch.

Edmonton's window (whether they realize it or not) is basically McDavid's ELC. Once that 10.5mil contract (or MORE!) contract comes into play, it's gonna be hard to keep everyone and have a good team. Same thing the Pens ran into, same thing the Hawks are running into.

Go for it now I guess.

Ya... because the Oilers would ****ing HATE to be in the same boat as the Pens or Hawks... :shakehead

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
I almost feel like the long negotiation period drives up the price. The numbers reported at the beginning were much lower. Then each day he considers other teams and demands an extra year or half a million.

No they weren't.

DSJW

Jun 29, 2016
Very interested to see who's going to **** with the Oilers youngins on the ice now with Lucic there. No more pot shotting and trying to bully Connor McJesus

Really? you don't think of anyone in the league will mess with the kids just because they got Lucic? :help:

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Have you honestly watched every single game with Larsson?

If not then his skill evaluation is just as good as yours.

I'm curious about what you think I was implying. Nonetheless, you don't need to see every single game to know what a player is about and if you think that you do, I'm sorry.

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
Lucic just confirmed the McDavid factor was a part of the signing. This is looking like the beginning of a turn around for Edmonton.

Wretched Oil

Right out of 'er
Feb 19, 2008
To me the term doesn't mean anything if there isn't a nmc. The cost for the free player comes when he leaves in the form of a cap dump trade

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I remember with the Clarkson hype how the Oilers fans were happy to have avoided a bullet so to speak.

Hopefully Lucic does well in Edomonton but with the game in a fast paste I wonder if someone like that can still perform at a high enough level to be worth a $6 million cap hit.

Can people stop with the Clarkson comparisons my god. Clarkson had one season over 40 points in his whole career and wasn't even close to that number in pretty much every other year. Lucic is 5x the player Clarkson ever was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad