Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] Milan Lucic (7 years, $6.000M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Wow! The Oilers are desperate. I didn't think they could top the Hall trade, but they sure did it. Chia is serious about cementing his spot as one of the most inept GM's of all time!

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
7 years, 42 Million for Lucic!?!

How will you pay McDavid, Draisitle, Puljujarvi in three to four years!?!

My exact thoughts. Ouch.

Edmonton's window (whether they realize it or not) is basically McDavid's ELC. Once that 10.5mil contract (or MORE!) contract comes into play, it's gonna be hard to keep everyone and have a good team. Same thing the Pens ran into, same thing the Hawks are running into.

Go for it now I guess.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
2 years too much. His game doesn't age that well.

Lucic value is that everyone around him plays bigger. I cant see that changing over the life of the contract. Same with Chara is his late 30s.
Lucic very important player for McDavid and other young Oilers. Love it

moon*

That is a brutal deal for the Oilers.

As to him protecting McDavid what is he going to do constantly take 2 mins or more in penalties protecting him? If so I would hit McDavid as often as possible for the PP's alone.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Money is perfect imo, term is two years too long, but you do what you have to do to get your guy I guess, and the world economy can change a lot in 3/4 a decade...

These UFAs always get their term. If it was just for 4-5 years he'd have a caphit of 7+
Just the way FA works. These guys get paid.

Sonofamitch

Aug 2, 2013
Vaughan,ON
Term is too long but I like the fit in Edmonton for him. Lucic fills a huge need for a gritty forward with playoff experience in their top 6. Deal also made Hall expendable to address their woeful defence( although they didn't get enough in return but that's a whole different topic). Has to also be refreshing for the fans of Edmonton to see players wanting to finally play there.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I actually don't think this is a bad fit. Lucic is a player that creates so much space for his linemates - that's his greatest strength. You give McDavid space and he'll win the Art Ross trophy, easily.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Say what you want but the Oilers are now a border line playoff team, Hall out, with Lucic, Puljujarvi, and Larsson in is a much more balanced roster. Team is huge now too, much harder to play against.

The last two years of this contract will hurt though.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
So before this topic reaches several pages and even threads like the Hall trade, I'd like to challenge those coming in this thread who like to post ten words or less to try and answer a question while they're here:

Is Edmonton with Lucic and Larsson a better team than solely Hall? If they're worse, why?

If you choose not to take up that question and insist on the drive-bys, we'll know what your motivation really is (and it's not to have an honest discussion).

They could have been better though.

On Ottawa I would take Hall over both Lucic and Larsson. It's not even that Hall plays a soft game, so they got rid of the wrong guy. Trade Eberle, Nuge or something not Taylor Hall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad