Confirmed Signing with Link: [EDM] Milan Lucic (7 years, $6.000M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CK17

May 13, 2007
People care too much at what might happen 5-6 years down the road. Does anybody really think anyone is really going to go to the Oilers for a term/cap friendly deal.
Oilers got somebody to play along side their franchise player and protect him.

Donuts

Nov 7, 2014
niiice
when the time comes offersheet will come draisaitl, mcdavid, or puljujarrvi's way

rajuabju

The One & Only
Dec 30, 2006
Los Angeles
Now I know why, and agree with, the reason Lombardi didnt sign him.

I love Looch. But 7 years for him is insane. His style of play is going to lead to a serious drop in production in 2-3 years.

Another buy out candidate by the 4th or 5th year of the deal.

Weast

May 16, 2011
Edmonton is 100% better today than 2 days ago. People are talking about how Lucic won't age well or Larsson is still a project, yet these same people are quick to judge when Edmonton just sits on there hands and does nothing. Edmonton is going to be a powerhouse whether we like it or not.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
So before this topic reaches several pages and even threads like the Hall trade, I'd like to challenge those coming in this thread who like to post ten words or less to try and answer a question while they're here:

Is Edmonton with Lucic and Larsson a better team than solely Hall? If they're worse, why?

If you choose not to take up that question and insist on the drive-bys, we'll know what your motivation really is (and it's not to have an honest discussion).

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
One of the toughest guys in the league who has consistently scored 50 points.
I wish the cap was a little less but he is overpaid by MAYBE 0.5 million.
How much did everyone expect him to get.
Ecstatic as an Oiler fan. Milan Lucic is an Oiler.

Money is perfect imo, term is two years too long, but you do what you have to do to get your guy I guess, and the world economy can change a lot in 3/4 a decade...

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
AAV is right on. Term is 2~3 years too long. But that is the way things work when it comes to free agency. Edmonton is a better team today than they were yesterday. Good signing.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Very interested to see who's going to **** with the Oilers youngins on the ice now with Lucic there. No more pot shotting and trying to bully Connor McJesus

You obviously didn't watch him last season. His intimidation days are behind him. Wish him the best.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Enjoy the 2-3 years he is worth this contract, Edmonton fans. Kings saw very similar players fall off a cliff on these long term deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad