Confirmed with Link: [EDM/DET] Yamamoto and Kostin for Future Considerations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
IMO we have now paid heavily twice for Hollands screw ups. First with Kassian and now with Yamamoto. That's while having Foegele, Nurse and Campbell all being albatross' that he's signed to one degree or another and still here. If we are forced to go cheap up front we absolutely must improve on D and/or goal.

He's made some better moves here than Chia would, but his cap management is still mediocre.

Too many poorly negotiated contracts by him are hurting the team, he just doesn't have it in him to negotiate hard on anyone other than young players that have no arbitration rights.

It's hard to build depth when you have a GM signing multiple bad contracts like Holland has.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Maybe someday the Yzerplan will come to fruition after all these years and they’ll finally make the playoffs, maybe even this season!
Holy gigantic reserve list!!!! This many bullets at some point something has to hit. 30 prospects with a few rounds to go still.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
Kostin was a fan favorite. Understandable why people are irked.

Don’t think he was one of woodcrofts favorites. No point in paying a guy 2m for 8 minutes a game.

Reactions: McDoused

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
IMO we have now paid heavily twice for Hollands screw ups. First with Kassian and now with Yamamoto. That's while having Foegele, Nurse and Campbell all being albatross' that he's signed to one degree or another and still here. If we are forced to go cheap up front we absolutely must improve on D and/or goal.
Foegele isn't an albatross and not sure how you can criticize Holland for trading away Kostin for asking too much when he's the one who brought him in after all other GMs passed on him

Reactions: Oilhawks

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Foegele isn't an albatross and not sure how you can criticize Holland for trading away Kostin for asking too much when he's the one who brought him in after all other GMs passed on him
Foegele has no positive value in trade IMO.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Foegele has no positive value in trade IMO.

Yeah the whole "we'll get value for Yamamoto and won't have to add to get a taker" thing was:

maury-well.gif

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Hold on..

We dump Yammo for nothing.. when people thought it would cost us

Why are people upset?

If Klim wants 2.. he isn’t getting it here. Who cares if he’s moved?

I mean.. I like Klim. I wish we could keep him. But this is life with huge contract players.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Hold on..

We dump Yammo for nothing.. when people thought it would cost us

Why are people upset?

If Klim wants 2.. he isn’t getting it here. Who cares if he’s moved?
No we added a decent young player to dump him. You can't tell me that Kostin had no trade value.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Didn't read the thread but let me guess: People who thought they'd have to attach picks to get rid of Yamamoto are mad because he was traded for nothing now?
If the trade was Yamamoto for future consideration I doubt that many people would give a rats ass. The Kostin part of the trade is what has some of us fuming.

Reactions: RattsSSV

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
There's quite a big difference between having 0 (or close to 0) value in a trade vs being an albatross IMO.

Campbell is an albatross. Karlsson is an albatross. Foegele?
Bottom line is that I said to varying degrees. We would be in better shape moving Foegele out and signing bargain UFA's. Who takes Foegele on at his cap hit without returning salary?

Reactions: DaGap

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
I think we would have just bought out Yamo if Kostin didn’t play hardball. I suspect Klim didn’t want to come back due to the coach, and used the KHL as a threat to get the Oilers to trade him. I think the Wings will sign him for reasonable $, and that it was more about opportunity than $. I put this one more on Woody than I do Holland.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
If the trade was Yamamoto for future consideration I doubt that many people would give a rats ass. The Kostin part of the trade is what has some of us fuming.
Bang. This.

interesting some of the comments today too re: Kostin and throwing shade on him. There wasn't a poster on this board that was saying anything negative about the player in the Kings series. They were cheering winning goals and saying salut Klim Shady.

Rarely have I seen a player so quickly become a fan favorite. Anybody I knew loved this player. But FF and some people will absolve the org doing anything. Its like revisionist views today. Grapes were sour views...

Mack a doodle doo

Apr 16, 2016
Good luck Klim, but yikes I don't know that I would have been so quick to flush what you had here
Flush what?,..Like being one of our most productive/impactfull players with the sparse ice time he got, constantly exeeding expectations proving himself obectivly on the stat sheet AS WELL as the eye test, only to receive even less ice time the next game? ,, Yeah I think hell be fine, he's clearly shown that he can be a good NHL player.

Yyzerman picked up on what Klim was putting down last season.

Klim did all he could here with an SUPPER short leash.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Bottom line is that I said to varying degrees. We would be in better shape moving Foegele out and signing bargain UFA's. Who takes Foegele on at his cap hit without returning salary?

I think Foegele has some trade value tbh.

Us being better off with a bargain bin player is more a question of the teams needs and the flat cap than Foegele’s abilities a player.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
f***ing garbage giving away Kostin as a sweetener for getting rid of Yamamoto. We couldn't even get an AHL/NHL tweener in the deal for depth? Wtf is Holland doing?
This 2 former 1st round picks under 25 for futures is a flipping joke considering one was very impressive with limited minutes , and people in here are trying to justify it

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
No we added a decent young player to dump him. You can't tell me that Kostin had no trade value.
A player that wanted a contract we couldn't afford

This 2 former 1st round picks under 25 for futures is a flipping joke considering one was very impressive with limited minutes , and people in here are trying to justify it
Yamo was a goner and we all knew it. Sunk cost fallacy. Kostin cost us Samorukov lol. Sucks to lose him but he had an extremely high SH% and wanted too much cash. I will judge once I see how we use this space.

Reactions: McDoused

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad