Rumor: EDM-CHI Kubalik

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Chicago was built with lots of depth and young talent , toews and kane I believe we're either 20 or 21 and keith and seabrook were 24 and 25 plus hammer was young, then Crawford came up at 25 , Hossa 31 sharp 28 . Winning with your young prospects in a cap Era with excellent drafting and developing goes along way for contenders...
Correct and both the Oilers and Leafs have a lot of good young talent. The could build a champion but would rather have picks that won’t play for several years.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Correct and both the Oilers and Leafs have a lot of good young talent. The could build a champion but would rather have picks that won’t play for several years.

The problem with that is Edmonton's window is growing shorter with mc david and drai both being paid huge salaries and getting older. As everyone can see when any team devotes that much salary into 2 players it hurts your future resignings and ability to retain or go into free agency ...

Those 1st round picks are meaningless because there not top 3 draft nor will anyone whommis drafted help edmonton in the next 2 to 3 years window....

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
That’s a nonsense move all around. No legs to that at all.

Hey that's what's being mentioned edmonton does need a goalie from all the chatter I hear and MAF at this point is the best goalie out there for any contender... new jersey could also eat some salary in this deal or absorb enough salary going back.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
They call him Ben Pope.
lil-yachty-drake.gif

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Well, this is interesting. I wonder if something comes of these talks, and what the return would be going back to Chicago.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I have no idea how we fit a 3.7 mil cap hit in. Kassian would have to be going back.
I'm guessing it's Kubalik at half for the 2nd and whichever sub $2m cap hit we can shed. Turris makes sense, but he's currently on LTIR.

Kubalik is a weird add though. I figured that Holland would be targeting size up front. Kubalik always plays well against us, but he's really similar to Athanasiou. Especially when you factor in the high QO and decline in production.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I'm guessing it's Kubalik at half for the 2nd and whichever sub $2m cap hit we can shed. Turris makes sense, but he's currently on LTIR.

Kubalik is a weird add though. I figured that Holland would be targeting size up front. Kubalik always plays well against us, but he's really similar to Athanasiou. Especially when you factor in the high QO and decline in production.
Do you guys have another expiring contract other than Turris? The Hawks only have two retention spots available and they need one for Fleury.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I’d be ok with a 2nd or equivalent + Barrie for Kubalik. Even if we didn’t qualify him we open future cap space in the deal.

There’s no point discussing MAF, he’s not waiving for Edmonton.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

don't really see similarities between kubalik and athanasiou tbh, and kubalik def has some power forward characteristics, he's strong on his skates and in the corners, can skate well, not as well as athanasiou, great shot, okay defensively, a 2nd rd pick is fair value for him, any bad contracts coming back with term need to have more than a 2nd coming in return

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I’d be ok with a 2nd or equivalent + Barrie for Kubalik. Even if we didn’t qualify him we open future cap space in the deal.

There’s no point discussing MAF, he’s not waiving for Edmonton.

Not so sure about that because this morning Seravalli, on Sportsnet, said Oilers are one of the top 4 teams going for Fleury

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I don't know how we would be able to justify his qualifying offer. Especially after what happened with Anthansiou I just don't see Holland paying a lot.

He'd have to be treating this as trading for a UFA and not RFA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad