Rumor: EDM-CHI Kubalik

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
He plays right wing. Absolute bomb of a shot.

The Oilers currently have 3 of 4 RW forwards out. Puljujarvi, Yamamoto and Kassian. And Nuge can't cover because is also out with a UBI.

They're playing a gutsy game right now against Carolina in the 3rd. Maybe this Kubalik thing should be revisited by Holland ASAP.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
The Oilers currently have 3 of 4 RW forwards out. Puljujarvi, Yamamoto and Kassian. And Nuge can't cover because is also out with a UBI.

They're playing a gutsy game right now against Carolina in the 3rd. Maybe this Kubalik thing should be revisited by Holland ASAP.

I think he’d fit well on Edmonton. Really good shot and a responsible two-way game. He could definitely be a 30-goal player again especially if he gets a chance to play with McDavid and/or Draisaitl. 1st and Savoie would probably get him IMO.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I think he’d fit well on Edmonton. Really good shot and a responsible two-way game. He could definitely be a 30-goal player again especially if he gets a chance to play with McDavid and/or Draisaitl. 1st and Savoie would probably get him IMO.
Too much given his lack of output this year. He's a bit of a reclamation project. If the pick was lower it would make more sense. Or include Fleury somehow if we need to include the 1st. Fleury and Kubalik for 1st, Savoie, ?????.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

I don't think Kubalik has earned a 1st and a B prospect in a trade based on his year to date. Like the post above if the Oilers were dealing a 1st and Savoie, MAF and Kubalik would have to go as a package.

As in all trades with Edmonton money in has to equal money out, so some short term cap hits would also have to go Chicago's way.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
In what world is Barrie not a top4D?

In the same world he isn't a top 4 on the Oilers with out injuries .

Nurse Bouchard
Keith Ceci

Bouchard isn't one either but he is a rookie that bounces up and down the line up . Even when Barrie plays in the top 4 you have to look at Edmonton defence and compare it with contenders D and it doesn't come close . Edmonton D is some of the reason Smith and Koskinen gets lite up "too many grade A+ scoring chances "

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014
Too much given his lack of output this year. He's a bit of a reclamation project. If the pick was lower it would make more sense. Or include Fleury somehow if we need to include the 1st. Fleury and Kubalik for 1st, Savoie, ?????.

I wonder if there’s a way to change the conditions on the conditional 3rd we have from you to make it a guaranteed 2nd. Something like Kubalik for changing those conditions, your 2nd next year, and Savoie. Otherwise, Kubalik for Savoie, your 2nd (conditional- if we get your 2nd this year, it’s next year’s 2nd. Otherwise, it’s this year’s), and maybe like a mid-round pick.

As for the counter proposal, it would depend on the other piece. I think we could get a 1st for just Fleury. Especially if Colorado is interested.

Also, not sure if I can speak for the entire Hawks fanbase, but I like Savoie as a prospect. Some HF Hawks fans want to keep Kubalik, but for me, I’d probably do the above trade.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I wonder if there’s a way to change the conditions on the conditional 3rd we have from you to make it a guaranteed 2nd. Something like Kubalik for changing those conditions, your 2nd next year, and Savoie. Otherwise, Kubalik for Savoie, your 2nd (conditional- if we get your 2nd this year, it’s next year’s 2nd. Otherwise, it’s this year’s), and maybe like a mid-round pick.

As for the counter proposal, it would depend on the other piece. I think we could get a 1st for just Fleury. Especially if Colorado is interested.

Also, not sure if I can speak for the entire Hawks fanbase, but I like Savoie as a prospect. Some HF Hawks fans want to keep Kubalik, but for me, I’d probably do the above trade.

As I stated before, some cap has to go the other way to Chicago.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois

Would love a first for Fleury but just don’t see it happening.

Reactions: Putt Pirate

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Would love a first for Fleury but just don’t see it happening.

Who knows? Washington is sniffing around. Maybe Colorado. Maybe the Oilers. I dunno, that kind of interest can drive up the price for MAF.

How about:

Koskinen (ufa in 29 games)
Turris (ufa in 29 games)
1st 2022 (top 10 protected)
Savoie

for

Kubalik
MAF @ 50% (ufa in 29 games)

I *think* the Oilers can squeeze that in with the amount of contract dollars they have on LTIR

Reactions: Pertti

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Who knows? Washington is sniffing around. Maybe Colorado. Maybe the Oilers. I dunno, that kind of interest can drive up the price for MAF.

How about:

Turris (ufa in 29 games)
Savoie

for

Kubalik

I *think* the Oilers can squeeze that in with the amount of contract dollars they have on LTIR
Done if that’s the best offer there

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

I don't see why Colorado would be interested. Kuemper has played well for them after a rocky start. Washington could cause a bidding war though.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
In the same world he isn't a top 4 on the Oilers with out injuries .

Nurse Bouchard
Keith Ceci

Bouchard isn't one either but he is a rookie that bounces up and down the line up . Even when Barrie plays in the top 4 you have to look at Edmonton defence and compare it with contenders D and it doesn't come close . Edmonton D is some of the reason Smith and Koskinen gets lite up "too many grade A+ scoring chances "
Barrie is a top 4 D, just one that has to play beside someone who can cover for some errors. The issue with the Oilers blueline is that we have how many guys who should be playing with someone who can cover defensive defeciencies? Barrie, Bouchard, Keith, sometimes Nurse. No team is going to be solid enough defensively with 3 one way offensive defensemen. Which is precisely why Barrie is one guy we want to move. Can't move Keith (GM won't want to trade his veteran prize pickup), can't move Bouchard (nobody trades young players like Bouchard without regretting it). So Barrie is the one.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Kubalik is a great 2 way responsible forward who is struggling a bit this year , however so is the rest of the chicago team.

I believe he would be rejuvenated playing in edmonton. Edmonton like the rest of the people don't realize if a GM is building depth or a key piece to make a run at the cup there going to pay a price...

Chicago's problem right now is the interim guy although he is the 3 of the final gm candidates, his hands are tied until Wirtz decides who will be the full-time GM... that much is obvious this close to the tdl....

TheDachKnight

Aug 16, 2014

How about:

Turris (ufa in 29 games)
Savoie

for

Kubalik

I think I’d want another piece if we’re trading Kubalik and Fleury. I see Fleury getting arround a 1st. Kubalik is worth more than Savoie and two pending UFAs. I see the gap at about a 2nd. I’d also be ok with a prospect like Lavoie added in place of a 2nd.

Holy Slapshot

Feb 16, 2012
Icy Cold Catacombs
This would be great for Edmonton, but they can't do it without cap going other way... Hefty cap, like Koskinen etc.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
There's talk new jersey might get MAF then move him to edmonton in return for smith or kosikain...

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Also reported chicago blackhawks will announce on Tuesday the Kyle Davidson will become the New General Manager shedding his interim title... and it sounds like Brian Campbell will be elevated to assist him not sure what his title will be officially...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad