Rumor: EDM-CHI Kubalik

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Kubalik and Fleury (both hawks pay half) for Holloway ,2nd rder , 4th rder , Grampa Smith
Money still likely won't work with 50% retention. It has to be even money in and out. Holloway is a non-starter.

Kubalik and Fleury, both at 50% retention, for
Koskinen and a league minimum contract to balance the money. Lagesson maybe? He's been playing well.
Futures - Holloway and Broberg are off the table. Kubalik's value is at an all time low, we probably don't qualify him, and Fleury isn't getting a 1st, so:

Fleury and Kubalik (50% retention on both) for Koskinen, William Lagesson or a scrub like Kyle Turris or Devin Shore (have to include equal money in and out), and 2 B level prospects (Savoie/Lavoie/Samurokov level of players maybe) and our 2023 2nd round pick (2022 is tied up in the Keith deal already). I dunno, Kubalik makes it funny as I'm not huge on him right now.

Last edited:

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Our scoring isn't an issue with Woodcroft and I guess you'd have to say Kane too. We are 4 gpg the past 7 with the lowest being two games of 3.

The stopping of pucks is the issue and in the game against the Wild turnovers didn't help either.

If your using a small sample to justify your argument then that's not being fully honest. You need forwards who contribute shift in shift out up and down the lineup both offensives and defensively. Evander kane has never been a solid two way forward .

What made teams like chicago, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Tampa so dangerous was there ability to control the game and score at will and roll 4 lines . That allowed there goaltending to make the saves needed to be made. If the puck is in the other teams end a majority of the game that's easier on any goalie... look at lundquist,,, he is a elite goalie but the team in front of him lacked depth and firepower to drive the game....

So changing out a goalie when your forwards aren't dictating the pace or game won't matter in the end...

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
He was a 7th round pick of the Kings back in 2013 that STAN BOWMAN acquired for a 5th rounder…he’s Czech and was playing in the Swiss league actually…scored 30 goals in 68 games in the shortened 2019-20 season and had another 8pts in 9 games of bubble hockey…was a Calder finalist and named to the all rookie team…scored 21 goals in the 56 games 2020-21 season and this year has only 10 goals in 52 games…he’s a pending RFA that will require a $4 million qualifier this summer…thus the need to move

Very well said.. I always knew someone who has the players history and stats would lay out the details.... Well said !!!!

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
Money still likely won't work with 50% retention. It has to be even money in and out. Holloway is a non-starter.

Koskinen and a league minimum contract to balance the money. Lagesson maybe? He's been playing well.
Futures - Holloway and Broberg are off the table. Kubalik's value is at an all time low, we probably don't qualify him, and Fleury isn't getting a 1st, so:

Fleury and Kubalik (50% retention on both) for Koskinen, William Lagesson or a scrub like Kyle Turris or Devin Shore (have to include equal money in and out), and 2 B level prospects (Savoie/Lavoie/Samurokov level of players maybe) and our 2023 2nd round pick (2022 is tied up in the Keith deal already). I dunno, Kubalik makes it funny as I'm not huge on him right now.
PASS good luck with your Goalies.

Reactions: Taylorst

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond

So chicago retains 50% for both deals and takes on a bunch of junk for...a 2nd rd pick and rockford players. i think they can find a better deal than that

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Holy f***.

I'm sorry, Oilers fans. We never meant to hurt you like this.

Signed,

A Wings fan.

Jamie Winston

Jul 13, 2019
Wouldn't give any promising prospect for Kubalik. He's basically a reclamation project rental.
He’s been bad this year but besides this year his last two years he has scored like a top 6 scorer. That with his two way game... hawks will probably just hold on to him as his value is at his lowest and he can easily get back to where he needs to be. It’s just we have no confidence in the overall direction of the team so scraping the team is ideal once new lead ship is put in place.

Reactions: Toews2Bickell

OG Eberle

Aug 25, 2011
Maybe Ken Holland will do better picking in the top 5 in 6 out of 7 years,,,lol

Either you just made an "inside joke" that only you understand, or you have very little knowledge of anything to do with the Oilers.

Regardless of which it is, not a great look on your part

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
He’s been bad this year but besides this year his last two years he has scored like a top 6 scorer. That with his two way game... hawks will probably just hold on to him as his value is at his lowest and he can easily get back to where he needs to be. It’s just we have no confidence in the overall direction of the team so scraping the team is ideal once new lead ship is put in place.

He just like many other Hawks players who were pegged to have a real good year have struggled.
But your right chicago is in a holding pattern until they name a new gm there officially down to 3 people and Kyle the interim gm is on that list.

I do think if he becomes the new gm chicago will sell off and gain as many picks and prospects this year to get started on a rebuild

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Okay well it came across like you didn't know, however Kubalik is also good defensively and a serious contender needs 4 solid lines that all m contribute. As far as goalie I don't see how edmonton being so close to the cap can bring in a veteran goalie without moving out significant cap,space .
That’s why some teams never get over the hump. Fan(s) here listed there 3 top prospects as being non starters.
Being a Hawk fan I’m completely fine for the most part with our current situation. They moved everything that wasn’t nailed down and won 3 cups doing it.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
That’s why some teams never get over the hump. Fan(s) here listed there 3 top prospects as being non starters.
Being a Hawk fan I’m completely fine for the most part with our current situation. They moved everything that wasn’t nailed down and won 3 cups doing it.

Chicago was built with lots of depth and young talent , toews and kane I believe we're either 20 or 21 and keith and seabrook were 24 and 25 plus hammer was young, then Crawford came up at 25 , Hossa 31 sharp 28 . Winning with your young prospects in a cap Era with excellent drafting and developing goes along way for contenders...

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
"might be" is a kindness to Smith.

Since coming back from his early season injury, here's his SV% in every appearance.

for a 3-6-1 record and an .881 SV%

The #LetsGoOilers haven’t lost a game started by Mikko Koskinen or Stuart Skinner since Jan. 20.
In the 16 games since…
Koskinen/Skinner: 8-0-1, 2.30 GAA, .921 SV%
Goalies by any other name: 3-4-0, 3.55 GAA, .882 SV%

5v5 save percentage since January 6th:
Koskinen - .933%
Skinner - .930%
Smith - .898%

PK going down has not helped either.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
You can't ask for a Holloway level prospect for Kubalik, right? I mean, we all agree on this?

MAF would be a great add for the Oilers but I don't know if Holland can get him, frankly.

Agreed. Would Bourgault be available in a Kubalik and Fleury deal?

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Feel like from Edm perspective that with 4 years after this until McDavid is UFA, that a lot more should be on the table every year. Obviously the values have to somewhat make sense, but if I have those two guys then you try and NBA your way to a cup

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
No, I really don't see that. Savoie? Sure. But asking for Broberg, Holloway or Bourgault is probably asking too much.

I feel like we can get more trading them separately then. Savoie+ for Kubalik I’d listen on depending on the plus.

Reactions: TFHockey

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Why does Edmonton want another LW?

We already have Kane, Hyman, Foegele, RNH (moved to center) and Holloway (in the minors). If anything we need a top line RW or a depth center.
Why do you think a sniping left shot winger is a LW? He's primarily a RW always, if he wasn't he would play with Kane which he never does because he's a RW. Who called him a Lw?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad