ECSF: Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) ( Florida Leads 3-1 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
I think people have really underestimated Florida based om the first half of their season. I don't think its a stretch to say Tkachuk is the best player in this series despite what Sportsnet wants to tell you. I like the D of Florida better and goaltending is probably a wash with Bob having a higher ceiling.

Think it'll be close but my money is on the Panthers. Leafs still need to wake up from "hey we won a playoff series".

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I think people have really underestimated Florida based om the first half of their season. I don't think its a stretch to say Tkachuk is the best player in this series despite what Sportsnet wants to tell you. I like the D of Florida better and goaltending is probably a wash with Bob having a higher ceiling.

Think it'll be close but my money is on the Panthers. Leafs still need to wake up from "hey we won a playoff series".

It wasn't that long ago that the Panthers won the presidents trophy. Sure, there was a coach change and some difference in personal. But a lot of the team is still the same. Also Tkachuk > Huberdeau.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Florida was really good at not letting Boston get anything going. I know they don’t but it almost seemed like they had puck magnets on their stick and intercepted any clearing attempt. They are playing suffocating hockey and it seems the leafs fell into the trap as well.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Barkov and Tkachuck are fully capable of carrying a team on a deep playoff run. Panthers play with the same spirit that Maurice had the 2018 Jets playing with. Leafs better wake the f*** up and move the puck out of their zone safely, Panthers will forecheck them to death.

Reactions: robertocarlos

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Barkov and Tkachuck are fully capable of carrying a team on a deep playoff run. Panthers play with the same spirit that Maurice had the 2018 Jets playing with. Leafs better wake the f*** up and move the puck out of their zone safely, Panthers will forecheck them to death.

He has not done that yet. He's starting to improve but still a long way from carrying a team.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Had Leafs homers telling me they “outplayed” TB. They did not. And we’re seeing they’re not outplaying FLA.

The defense is too slow to bypass FLA’s forecheck. And their bottom-six wingers are basically unplayable.

But they are getting much more room in the NZ than the TB series. The only way TOR will have a chance is if they’re clinical on their rush chances. They had two rush goals today. They’ll need to create even more rush goals. And score on the PP. Otherwise, they’re cooked.

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
@notbias the only thing delusional is you. “Checking it all night” my ass.

Post in thread 'ECSF - Game 1 - Toronto Maple Leafs vs Florida Panthers - 7pm EST, ESPN'
GDT: - ECSF - Game 1 - Toronto Maple Leafs vs Florida Panthers - 7pm EST, ESPN

28E33435-5A10-44E2-B97F-69375C593C87.jpeg

The expected goals for Toronto jumped by 2.5 in the final 4 minutes. This “deserving” model is based upon expected goals. Talking out of your ass.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
@notbias the only thing delusional is you. “Checking it all night” my ass.

Post in thread 'ECSF - Game 1 - Toronto Maple Leafs vs Florida Panthers - 7pm EST, ESPN'
GDT: - ECSF - Game 1 - Toronto Maple Leafs vs Florida Panthers - 7pm EST, ESPN

View attachment 702173

The expected goals for Toronto jumped by 2.5 in the final 4 minutes. This “deserving” model is based upon expected goals. Talking out of your ass.

Even if you ignore the last 4 mins for both teams - the Leafs had more expected goals based on the chart you're showing us.

The Leafs doubled the Panthers in the last few minutes, but from that chart - from the 45th minute the Leafs had more expected goals than Florida had all game... and it looks like from minute 1 - 60, the Leafs were constantly ahead.

That said, Bob played better than Samsonov. A lot of luck involved, that Matthews breakaway he stopped on the first shot of the game with the knob of his stick was more luck that intentional for example.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad