ECSF: Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) ( Florida Leads 3-1 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Well when the penalties are 6-1 in favour of the Leafs, ‘sound’ is certainly an interesting choice of words for the reffing. Lol!

Panthers scored on a delayed call.

Does the 4 with 30 seconds left count here? I mean I guess so but they almost missed it and had to review.

The one against Forsling was a little soft I’ll give you that.

What wasn’t a penalty between the Bennett obvious charge and the HS on Bunting?

Heavy team will take more penalties.

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
Still got Leafs in 5... Leafs losing this series would be a massive choke

Or maybe it would be because the Panthers are actually very good?

I wouldn’t call it a choke if they lose in 7.

Only one team is going to win the cup. You can be a very good team and playing good and not winning it. It doesn’t have to a « choke » every time a team loses a series.

Let’s just forget the season. Panthers won against a very good Boston team and they looked very solid tonight. They are for real and losing to them wouldn’t be something to be ashamed of.

It’s far from over anyways. Toronto would bounce back and I would be shocked if the Panthers go back to Florida with a 2-0 lead.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
GG Florida. Panthers controlled 5 on 5 hockey a lot better. Given the context that panthers were leading by a goal and then by 2 goals and still outshot and outchanced the Leafs means florida played quite well.

leafs are gonna have to adjust. Leafs lucked out on a few bounces against bolts while getting outplayed thoroughly in at least 3 out of the 6 games IMO

Leafs better wake up and show up. Panthers seem to be in the zone right now. Leafs gotta match the speed and intensity and play better defensively while avoiding brain farts altogeher.

P.S. hate tkachuck but mad respect for him tonight. dude took some big hits to make plays. a hockey fan like me can appreciate that

behemolari

öh¨ns-ä
Dec 1, 2011
Has anyone still seen Barkov? He got two assist but of course it cannot be true he was not playing

Morlu

Nov 4, 2011
Power plays were pretty one sided in favour of Toronto but they failed to take advantage of it. Have to think the penalties are more even going forward.
The Penalties were 4-1 in favor of the Leafs.

They were technically 5-1. But a double minor with 40 seconds left. Panthers scored on the delayed powerplay, so it was 4-2.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
only the fools thought it would be easy, few ppl at work today were saying Leafs in 4 like guys ur gnna be in for a surprise. Florida is no joke
Leafs gotta find away to win because Florida can steal is quick
Absolutely agree....Florida is a buzz saw....a very dangerous team to play...their regular season results should be taken lightly....they had started playing better towards the end of the season and have not looked back......they also are obviously full of confidence.....I am sure they believe they can take on anyone.....and of course you have Matthew.....who has shown us all that he is one of the best players in the NHL.....

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
Has anyone still seen Barkov? He got two assist but of course it cannot be true he was not playing

It will sound weird to non Panthers’ fans, but Barkov is our hidden card in this series. He’s been complete non factor during the playoffs race and also against the Bruins.

If Barkov wakes up and start to play like a legit first center, I don’t think Toronto will be able to stop them. But I doubt it happens. At least he showed some flashes here and there tonight. He hasn’t done much but it was probably his best playoffs game so far lol

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Absolutely agree....Florida is a buzz saw....a very dangerous team to play...their regular season results should be taken lightly....they had started playing better towards the end of the season and have not looked back......they also are obviously full of confidence.....I am sure they believe they can take on anyone.....and of course you have Matthew.....who has shown us all that he is one of the best players in the NHL.....
yeah wasnt long ago habs fans were hoping Florida would give them a chance at Bedard. they were lights out near the end. honestly I think they were always this good just has some chemistry to work out.
I did like the way the Leafs played against them and I feel they had their chances. Im not worried but if they lose Game 2 I will be. still anyones game but Florida is a scary team

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
Panthers scored on a delayed call.

Does the 4 with 30 seconds left count here? I mean I guess so but they almost missed it and had to review.

The one against Forsling was a little soft I’ll give you that.

What wasn’t a penalty between the Bennett obvious charge and the HS on Bunting?

Heavy team will take more penalties.
A goal on a delayed call does not count as a PP goal. For whatever reason, if you get a 4 minute PP and don't score on it, it only counts as 1 PP. Final PPs were 4-1 (if the Leafs scored in the last minute it would have been 5-1)

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
I know Boston was tough (but not really) but I was told the Panthers were about to face 19 Gods on skates? I thought it was laughable to think any player on the planet was 2% as good as Matthews and Marner, who score on every shift if not for the dastardly refs getting in their way.

Joking aside, these two teams have been playing absolute bangers of games 4-5x a year for the last few years. Two of the most entertaining, skilled, most physical teams in the league in the same division.

Whoever in 7 AENIC :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad