ECSF: Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) ( Florida Leads 3-1 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

dukedukowski

Jun 11, 2022
Um, yeah, there's lions everywhere.
It's called natural selection. Evolution. The ones in Florida died. But Panthers is a pretty boring and common name and seems ridiculous for a Florida team.
In any case. Good win for them.
I'll take a white panthers jersey if anyone wants to send me one lol.
Don't be so serious

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Who would have predicted that Matthew Tkachuk would become an even better player without Johnny hockey on his line? Tkachuk is next level this year. What we are seeing from him this playoffs is nothing like we've seen in his past playoffs as a Flame. He's not even the same player. What a transformation. He's flat out dominant this year.

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
I think people have really underestimated Florida based om the first half of their season. I don't think its a stretch to say Tkachuk is the best player in this series despite what Sportsnet wants to tell you. I like the D of Florida better and goaltending is probably a wash with Bob having a higher ceiling.

Think it'll be close but my money is on the Panthers. Leafs still need to wake up from "hey we won a playoff series".
The D of florida is heinous and held on for dear life. None of them can move the puck or break out under pressure at all.

This will be like the first round, where TO drops the first game but storms back and takes the series. After the first, FLA got dominated but capitalized on the couple of opportunities they had. Bob won't be able to stand on his head much longer. TO puck possession game just generates so many chances versus a weak defensive team.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
The D of florida is heinous and held on for dear life. None of them can move the puck or break out under pressure at all.

This will be like the first round, where TO drops the first game but storms back and takes the series. After the first, FLA got dominated but capitalized on the couple of opportunities they had. Bob won't be able to stand on his head much longer. TO puck possession game just generates so many chances versus a weak defensive team.
All time user name right here.

Florida got it done, and well deserved. I will take that game as a Leaf fan, as a whole, over 7 games and accept the outcome. I'd think that's a Leaf series win, but if not, sports is sports sometimes.

behemolari

öh¨ns-ä
Dec 1, 2011
Who would have predicted that Matthew Tkachuk would become an even better player without Johnny hockey on his line? Tkachuk is next level this year. What we are seeing from him this playoffs is nothing like we've seen in his past playoffs as a Flame. He's not even the same player. What a transformation. He's flat out dominant this year.

Zito?

MrvJets

Apr 23, 2018

Nah Florida will be even better next game. They didn’t get much rest like Toronto by a playing 7 game series. Boston is better than Toronto and Florida bullied them 3 straight games. Can’t see Toronto winning this series.

Reactions: Papa044 and Mike C

behemolari

öh¨ns-ä
Dec 1, 2011

Florida was obviously still weared from 7th game under 48h ago, they wont get much faster than this but energy difference between these two teams will get smaller

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Dr Beinfest

Jun 11, 2012
Washington, DC
Even if you ignore the last 4 mins for both teams - the Leafs had more expected goals based on the chart you're showing us.

The Leafs doubled the Panthers in the last few minutes, but from that chart - from the 45th minute the Leafs had more expected goals than Florida had all game... and it looks like from minute 1 - 60, the Leafs were constantly ahead.

The said, Bob played better than Samsonov. A lot of luck involved, that Matthews breakaway he stopped on the first shot of the game with the knob of his stick was more luck that intentional for example.
The conversation was about whether or not MoneyPuck’s “deserve-o-meter” had previously been 46-54 moments before it jumped at the end to the result he had posted, to which I criticized the measure for not being a worthwhile metric for “deserving” victory as there is an inherent temporal aspect that’s missing from the model. Florida had a 4-2 lead and showed no signs of attempting to play offense outside of making Toronto make mistakes in their own zone. Florida isn’t getting any expected goals thereafter because they aren’t generating high scoring chances because they don’t need to. Toronto, on the other hand, needs the goals. So Toronto pulls the goalie with 2 minutes remaining and high scoring chances appear.

He said I was delusional for saying the meter wildly tilted to Toronto’s side at the very end because he’d been “watching it all night.” This is me calling bullshit.

Toronto statistically had a higher cumulative amount of quality shots. Yes, this is true. No, it doesn’t mean they deserved to win.

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver
Nah Florida will be even better next game. They didn’t get much rest like Toronto by a playing 7 game series. Boston is better than Toronto and Florida bullied them 3 straight games. Can’t see Toronto winning this series.
So they're somehow going to get rest here on out? Their punishment for taking 7 games to win their last series was that they didn't get any rest before this series started, nor will for the rest of the series. TO is going to take over the series based on what I saw last night.

• Haha
Reactions: thaman8765678

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Matthews was a beast again. He alone if no one else will not allow them to lose this round. I have never seen him playing better. If I had the option watching a replay of a game I'd just isolate on him every second he's on, it's ridiculous.

Honestly, I don't know if it is even possible to be under-rated as the face of the Leafs in the midst of a playoff run and the acknowledged best player on the Leafs, but I kind of feel like it's happening. His defensive play, his battle, the approaching Clark level heart in totally a different way from Clark that he is putting out, is... just wonderful.

MrvJets

Apr 23, 2018
So they're somehow going to get rest here on out? Their punishment for taking 7 games to win their last series was that they didn't get any rest before this series started, nor will for the rest of the series. TO is going to take over the series based on what I saw last night.
That’s what Boston fans were saying. We got this. Florida is going to really surprise everyone on their run.

LeafAttack

Feb 18, 2019
The Leafs aren,t taking FLA for granted...either should we.They just beat the best team ever in the reg season.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
it's not like samsonov didn't make some really good saves as well = florida could – same as toronto – have scored a couple more as well.

Yeah, but if both teams got the same goaltending - Toronto wins that game. That's where expected goals comes from.

Not that it matters, the team that scores more goals wins the games. Hopefully Bob doesn't have the series of his life here.

MarginNotes

Jan 8, 2007
Gothenburg
Yeah, but if both teams got the same goaltending - Toronto wins that game. That's where expected goals comes from.

Not that it matters, the team that scores more goals wins the games. Hopefully Bob doesn't have the series of his life here.
You might be right.

Hopefully Bob won't let in another goal 'til next season.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
He has scored over 50 once. Not sure what definition of perennial you are using but that's not it. Who is better (Matthews vs Matthew T) is a moot point, the point that matters and will be decided by this series is which team is better.
Stop embarassing yourself. Matthews is scoring at an average of 51 goals over his career, when adj for 82 game season. He has 299 goals in 481 games. If not for covid he would have had 50+ goals in those two season, and possibly a other 60+ goal one as well. This year, while a down year 40 goals in 74 games, he was clearly injured all year as he was playing the point on the PP and not the primary shoot option.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Um, yeah, there's lions everywhere.
It's called natural selection. Evolution. The ones in Florida died. But Panthers is a pretty boring and common name and seems ridiculous for a Florida team.
In any case. Good win for them.
I'll take a white panthers jersey if anyone wants to send me one lol.
Don't be so serious
It's not ridiculous, how is it ridiculous? It's more ridiculous to have a Carolina team named the Panthers than a Florida one. Florida should be the only Panthers.

Luongoisthegoat

Mar 23, 2021
Leafs look very dangerous. Bob had to be on his game. This could still be Leafs in 5. Happy we got the win.
As long as lundell stays on his game along with the rest of that third line we are gonna win this series . Depth wins in the playoffs.

We’re going to destroy your leafs

• Haha
Reactions: behemolari

dukedukowski

Jun 11, 2022
It's not ridiculous, how is it ridiculous? It's more ridiculous to have a Carolina team named the Panthers than a Florida one. Florida should be the only Panthers.
Save it for your class room debates, brov :) .
But you prove my point, how boring, redundant and typical the name is.
Everyone is a Panther, lion etc.
I'm a Penn State fan too lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad