ECSF: Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) ( Florida Leads 3-1 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Save it for your class room debates, brov :) .
But you prove my point, how boring, redundant and typical the name is.
Everyone is a Panther, lion etc.
I'm a Penn State fan too lol
Classroom? I'm 42. It's just common sense. The panther is a tropical animal. Florida is the only subtropical state in the U.S. Florida should be the only Panthers. It's not our fault that other teams have ridiculous names. A lion for Penn State is the most ridiculous one of all.

Reactions: Laus723

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Well, that went about how I expected. Tampa was giving the Leafs fits, and Florida was coming into the playoffs quite a bit hotter than the Bolts. The Leafs are a talented bunch, and they poured it on at the end there. It could go either way, but I believe the Panthers will pull this one out. Definitely one of the more intriguing series.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Has anyone still seen Barkov? He got two assist but of course it cannot be true he was not playing

How can you say you watched the game if you didn’t see him?

He’s taking about every key Dzone faceoff and playing the heavy defensive minutes, while set up linemates few times well.

He hasn’t been lights out offensively but atleast he’s doing his part on defense

Johnnybegood13

Jul 11, 2003
Barkov and Tkachuck are fully capable of carrying a team on a deep playoff run. Panthers play with the same spirit that Maurice had the 2018 Jets playing with. Leafs better wake the f*** up and move the puck out of their zone safely, Panthers will forecheck them to death.
Make no mistake, Barkov is a passenger on the Tkachuck train in Florida, unbelievable how overrated Barkov is.

• Haha
Reactions: Haatley

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Bobrovsky stole gm #1 but if florida playing the same way all series long, its kind of game they will lose 8/10

But leafs will have to convert their scoring chance and being smarter on pressing. Both mccabe and brodie get caught out of position on verheaghe goal being overagressive and probably cost the game.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
noooo you're doing this wrong!

nO OnE hAs cHaNce aGaInSt LeaFs nOw ThAt wE haVe deFeaTed tHe cUrSe

Let they dig their own grave they are so good at it
Pretending that every Leafs fan thought this doesn't make it true. Maybe in your world but not in reality.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Pretending that every Leafs fan thought this doesn't make it true. Maybe in your world but not in reality.
I think a lot of people in general slept on panthers…. They are a much stronger team than what their seed is… and 1 of the hotter teams coming into the playoffs.

Florida is deep and physical and will be all over samsonov in the series …. The big question is can their goaltending hold up…. And can they keep Toronto’s offense in check.

Tough to say who will win the series, I’m just hoping for exciting games

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I still think the Leafs kryptonite is physicality. Take the body to them, and they turtle up. Nylander seems to just want to play pond hockey. He does not like to get physical at all, when there are times where he obviously should. I think the hits can take their toll on them as the series goes on. They arent soft by any means, just not as physical as the Bruins were.

This series is going to be won by Florida if they can stay out of the box, and just play their brand of hockey. Dont swap rush attacks with the Leafs, because that is playing into their style. Forecheck, finish your check, keep those sticks active, etc. To think that this would be cakewalk for the Leafs is just ridiculous bias.

I honestly believe this years Leafs team would have an easier time with last years Panthers team. Last year they were built for the regular season, more of a run and gun, transitional beast. This season, even while in a transition year, they are more built as a playoff team.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
I think a lot of people in general slept on panthers…. They are a much stronger team than what their seed is… and 1 of the hotter teams coming into the playoffs.

Florida is deep and physical and will be all over samsonov in the series …. The big question is can their goaltending hold up…. And can they keep Toronto’s offense in check.

For sure - and well over half the votes are for 6 or 7 games in either direction. That’s just what I mean, most Leafs fans guessed it would be a long series, so the narrative that all Leafs fans thought it’d be easy is wrong.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

They MUST stay out of the box. Toronto will not go 0-4 in every game of this series. To counter that though, I would like to see the officiating a little more balanced, but we know that is like asking for world peace.

5-on-5, the Panthers play with anyone in the league. They proved that in the Boston series, and showed that last night as well.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Panteras

Stanley Cup Champs 2024
Sep 14, 2009
It’s only 3-0 who cares
As much talk as the Leaf’s making it out of the first round got, because it was a 20 year drought, I’ll raise you. Last night’s win was the Panther’s first 2nd round win since 1996. Just puts into perspective how long we’ve sucked and when you think you’ve had it worse…..as sad as this sounds and even if we haven’t won jack, just feels good man.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
As much talk as the Leaf’s making it out of the first round got, because it was a 20 year drought, I’ll raise you. Last night’s win was the Panther’s first 2nd round win since 1996. Just puts into perspective for long we’ve sucked and when you think you’ve had it worse…..as sad as this sounds and even if we haven’t won jack, just feels good man.
Both teams have been sad! Haha. Makes it a bit more fun, you know both fanbases will really appreciate it.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
@notbias the only thing delusional is you. “Checking it all night” my ass.

Post in thread 'ECSF - Game 1 - Toronto Maple Leafs vs Florida Panthers - 7pm EST, ESPN'
GDT: - ECSF - Game 1 - Toronto Maple Leafs vs Florida Panthers - 7pm EST, ESPN

View attachment 702173

The expected goals for Toronto jumped by 2.5 in the final 4 minutes. This “deserving” model is based upon expected goals. Talking out of your ass.

Literally ahead the entire game and pulled away in the second, just like I mentioned...

they were an extra expect goal up since the second period... seems significant

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
noooo you're doing this wrong!

nO OnE hAs cHaNce aGaInSt LeaFs nOw ThAt wE haVe deFeaTed tHe cUrSe

Let they dig their own grave they are so good at it

You would think people would have learned after last series to stop celebrating like the Leafs are done after 1 game. Any objective viewer saw the Leafs got the greater amount of dangerous chances.

If your takeaway is Bob is going to make every save, every bounce is going to be just off, and the Leafs stars are going to not bury most of those chances... Good luck to yah.

What I saw last night made me more confident the Leafs will win this series

Reactions: seventieslord

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
They MUST stay out of the box. Toronto will not go 0-4 in every game of this series. To counter that though, I would like to see the officiating a little more balanced, but we know that is like asking for world peace.

5-on-5, the Panthers play with anyone in the league. They proved that in the Boston series, and showed that last night as well.
Oh I agree, I think Toronto has to make Florida pay when they are undisciplined and that will somewhat keep them in check in terms of grittiness/physicality.

I think Toronto can play pretty physical but if you have lomberg tkachuk and bennet running around with no fear of your power play… going to be a tough series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad