ECSF: Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) ( Florida Leads 3-1 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Hmm, don't they usually push concerts from the arena? (No shade, I just thought that's the usual precedence?)

They do but then you run into issues with Game 6 conflicting with another Heat home game.

ESPN has G1 of a conference final scheduled for the 17th so one conference has to be done by the 15th. Guess it helps explain why there's no schedule yet.

Reactions: violaswallet

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
They do but then you run into issues with Game 6 conflicting with another Heat home game.

ESPN has G1 of a conference final scheduled for the 17th so one conference has to be done by the 15th. Guess it helps explain why there's no schedule yet.
Yep. messy situation. There's no way the NHL lets Heat and Panthers go head to head though. Disaster for revenue

Edit: there's a rumor that there might be a back to back this series. Would be a disgrace if is due to ESPN or to concerts

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Yep. messy situation. There's no way the NHL lets Heat and Panthers go head to head though. Disaster for revenue

Edit: there's a rumor that there might be a back to back this series. Would be a disgrace if is due to ESPN or to concerts

A b2b seems like the least likely outcome? Unless they do it Sat/Sun since the Heat are on Saturday afternoon. Otherwise Monday night conflicts with Heat. Or they do a travel b2b which would be extremely NHL.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
A b2b seems like the least likely outcome? Unless they do it Sat/Sun since the Heat are on Saturday afternoon. Otherwise Monday night conflicts with Heat. Or they do a travel b2b which would be extremely NHL.
That's the rumor, but I can't believe it.

I think they would have been better served starting the playoffs on Wednesday for all teams...

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
One was unsportmanlike

The 2nd penalty at the end of the 2nd period was for Charging which was a horrendous call lol

Here is a reminder

It was a pretty easy call... he took like 4 step ( exactly whats charging mean) to go hit aston-reese right in the post, a guy who came back from penalty boxes from roughting call against Gudas...

Come just try to tell me without laughting than Gudas didn't tried to hurt Aston-reese

Reactions: Cotton

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
That's the rumor, but I can't believe it.

I think they would have been better served starting the playoffs on Wednesday for all teams...

If they do a Sat/Sun b2b the series is going to be over like 4 days before the other ones are.

Which remains very on brand so I won't be surprised.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
If they do a Sat/Sun b2b the series is going to be over like 4 days before the other ones are.

Which remains very on brand so I won't be surprised.
Yeah, NHL scheduling is something else. Alas.

I just want Florida to get its revenue (see username)

• Haha
Reactions: Just Rude

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
This should be a close series. Both teams have tons to prove. To answer your question about what the Leafs have that Boston didn't? The answer is physicality. As of Toronto's last game on Saturday, they lead the playoffs in hits. Can't wait for the puck to drop on one hell of a series. Good luck to both teams but I have to say GO LEAFS GO!

Also a (relatively) healthy team, Bergeron had a herniated disc and apparently Ullmark was playing with a debilitating injur, Krejci also missed 3 games. This series should be far tougher for Florida both offensively and defensively.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
He's just being difficult on purpose. He isn't proving anything, other than the inability to be able to translate G/GP over 82 games.
OK, split hairs all your want. It's basic math. The guy is .70 GPG over his last four seasons. Over 82 games, that is 57 goals per season.

Um, you are literally proving my point. :laugh:

The message I responded to initially said perennial 50/60 goal scorer, not 50/60G pace. So is the issue my basic math or basic English.

No doubt about it Matthews is one of the best goal scorers in the league if not the best. Be happy with that, what is the obsession with making or calling him something he is not (yet?)

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
It was a pretty easy call... he took like 4 step ( exactly whats charging mean) to go hit aston-reese right in the post, a guy who came back from penalty boxes from roughting call against Gudas...

Come just try to tell me without laughting than Gudas didn't tried to hurt Aston-reese
He stopped taking strides and got stick on puck (or stick on stick) first lol

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
He stopped taking strides and got stick on puck (or stick on stick) first lol

Positionning himself in position to hit someone is not stoping taking strides... he still had full momemtum of those strides and at the end playing the puck or not changing absolutly nothing... at the the result is a player who took 4 stride for a hit, exactly what is a charging penalty

Last edited:

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017

I miss Muzzin :(

That was the beginning of the end of Tkachuk in Calgary. I'm pretty sure his hissy fit at the end was because no one on the Flames supported him there. Man I thought Calgary fleeced Florida in that trade originally. So wrong. Tkachuk is such a gem now.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Ironic that Blink 182 is playing in Toronto because the cats are gonna take off their pants and jacket in Laughs fans faces
What possible reason you have to be this cocky I'll never know. Leafs fans, who are used to disappointment, are probably more nervous and assuming the worst will happen. It must be nice to go into it assuming the best.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
That was the beginning of the end of Tkachuk in Calgary. I'm pretty sure his hissy fit at the end was because no one on the Flames supported him there. Man I thought Calgary fleeced Florida in that trade originally. So wrong. Tkachuk is such a gem now.

He needed to go through that and be dealt for a fresh start to learn from it and become who he is today. Classic change of scenary deals Leaf fans have been on the wrong side of forever

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
You don’t think the leafs will be flying after beating Tampa and getting past the first round for the first time in this core’s entire career?
Nah, that's their Championship and they'll be content with that.
Panthers in 6

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
He has scored over 50 once. Not sure what definition of perennial you are using but that's not it. Who is better (Matthews vs Matthew T) is a moot point, the point that matters and will be decided by this series is which team is better.

Well yeah if you ignore that we had 2 lockout shortened seasons in a row where he was on pace for 55 and 67 goals, then followed it up by actually scoring 60 in 73 games.

Schenn vs Tkachuk is going to be phenomenal to watch, Holl is probably going to play just because we need that physicality to hold Tkachuk off and keep him away from Sammy.

Please no

• Haha
Reactions: AvroArrow

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
The message I responded to initially said perennial 50/60 goal scorer, not 50/60G pace. So is the issue my basic math or basic English.

No doubt about it Matthews is one of the best goal scorers in the league if not the best. Be happy with that, what is the obsession with making or calling him something he is not (yet?)

What is the obsession with pretending that's not the caliber of player he is? "One of" no, he's the best goal scorer in the NHL since his career began, and it's not even close.

Reactions: AvroArrow

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Also for all the talk about selling tickets in Florida, quite a few blue dots on the ol' Ticketmaster map for tonight's game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad