ECSF: Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) ( Florida Leads 3-1 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Marner feasts on the Panthers almost every game. Kid is scary out there. He and Matthews are my biggest fears this series but Tavares seems to love eliminating the Panthers so ya know.

Ilya struggled last year against the Cats in Washington in Round One, 1-3-0 in his 4 starts with a .901 save %, not that it means much now.
Uh, check Samsonov in the playoffs last year against the Panthers…

This definitely isn't right because they beat him in the playoffs 3 times last year

Yes, sorry, these are just regular season numbers. Didn't think to check playoff numbers lol

Reactions: violaswallet

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Honestly though they don't matter shit at this point. It's all about the games to come right? Seems the goalie coach in Toronto has done wonders according to some on this thread.

I tend to agree. It's more interesting to look at. Then again, ya'll might be going back to Lyon based on two (2) games this season,

So likely a case of holding more merit to some versus others

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Matthews has 188 goals over his last 269 RS games. That's .70 GPG.

Over 82 games, ,61 GPG gets you 50 and .732 means 60.

He's the best pure scorer in the game today and, over full seasons, would be a perennial 50-60 goal scorer. It's not that difficult to understand.

Comparing Tkachuk to AM is laughable. JFC. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Matthews has 188 goals over his last 269 RS games. That's .70 GPG.

Over 82 games, ,61 GPG gets you 50 and .732 means 60.

He's the best pure scorer in the game today and, over full seasons, would be a perennial 50-60 goal scorer. It's not that difficult to understand.

Coming Tkachuk to AM is laughable. JFC. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
For real. Guy has been the best goal scorer in the league for the like 5 years and still get the "well actually" because of a pandemic lol

Reactions: Just Rude

hangman005

It's my first day.
Apr 19, 2015
Iceland II the hotter crappier version.
62979.jpg

It's back for another round.... Will anyone survive game 1? Will Fenway find true love? Will hangman recover from amnesia? Find out in Playoff Survivor Round 3.

Registration closes Wednesday 3rd May.

Information here

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
It's a moot point, and yet you're arguing it. :laugh:
Which player is better is the moot point as it is a team sport.

What I am arguing is if a guy who has broke the 50 threshold once with 60 goals can be considered a perennial 50/60 goal scorer.

Bossy who scored at least 50 every full season he played is a perennial 50 goal scorer. Ovi at some points could have been called one but isn't one anymore.

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
I think you are all underestimating the depth and talent of this Florida team lead by a captain who is on a rampage this year.

2021-2022 season. Have you all forgotten?

View attachment 701587

They got yeeted early in the playoffs, like Boston. So they have a chip on their shoulders and they just eliminated the "greatest hockey team in hockey history" So when you all think the Leafs are going to steamroll Florida, I dunno which Florida you are all thinking about?

This is going to be harder then Tampa.
LOL,

4 game sweep

Who beat Florida last year ? (I think Florida made the playoffs by mistake)

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Which player is better is the moot point as it is a team sport.

What I am arguing is if a guy who has broke the 50 threshold once with 60 goals can be considered a perennial 50/60 goal scorer.

Bossy who scored at least 50 every full season he played is a perennial 50 goal scorer. Ovi at some points could have been called one but isn't one anymore.

And he clearly explained why he's a perennial 50 goal guy, shortened seasons due to covid. Not sure why it's so difficult to understand that.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
And he clearly explained why he's a perennial 50 goal guy, shortened seasons due to covid. Not sure why it's so difficult to understand that.

Yes, I think the issue here is that his explanation is based on conjecture due to the fact that the statement 'he is a perennial 50 goal scorer' is an obvious and easily disproved lie.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
I mean,

47 goals in 70 games
41 goals in 52 games
60 goals in 73 games

Hard to argue those aren’t all 50+ goal seasons without covid.

Not to mention back to back rockets.

Saying Tkachuk is the #1 forward in this series is an absolute joke
The Athletic thinks it’s pretty damn close - as do most neutrals (and Panthers fans). Weirdly only one side thinks it’s a runaway

1683046816455.png

Reactions: seventieslord

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Yes, I think the issue here is that his explanation is based on conjecture due to the fact that the statement 'he is a perennial 50 goal scorer' is an obvious and easily disproved lie.
Just dudes being salty and difficult, A guy can hypothetically score 99 points in 40 games and you'd argue he isn't a 100 point guy, we get it.

Reactions: ACC1224

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Honestly though they don't matter shit at this point. It's all about the games to come right? Seems the goalie coach in Toronto has done wonders according to some on this thread.
Apparently, Samsonov had a lot of growth and took his off-season approach really well. I can't recall who, but a goalie analyst pointed out that predicted this from the get-go, and he's showing why.

Regardless playoffs are a new season and new rule, that's what makes it so exciting and fun. Here's to a fun series!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad