ECSF: Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) ( Florida Leads 3-1 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Washington fans and evidently management couldn't wait to fire him into the sun, and yet he has been excellent for the Leafs. Maybe a change of scenery, maybe talent finally maturing, maybe a better team in front of him, maybe a goalie coach who gets him. Maybe a combination of those.

I will say this though, he did what no other goalie could mentally handle and played his best when it all mattered in the Toronto spotlight. So until he can't do it he has earned the right to believe he will.

Also let's not pretend Bob is the most mentally sound goalie out there either. He has basically made a career of being unbelievable until the pressure is on. How is Bob going to react if the Leafs put 7 or 8 goals on him tonight? Samsonov has proven he can reset after that happened to him in game 1
Im not the one who is posting about how well a player does against the opposing team while ignoring his collapse in the playoffs against the team

Anyways all the best tonight: this is the best Leafs team I seen and it should be a good series especially if there are no injuries

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
I actually like the Panthers and watching them humiliate the Bruins was glorious, so it is going to be a challenge learning to hate them this series. Probably just need to watch Matt Tkachuk for a few minutes before he does something weasely and that will solve the problem.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Schenn vs Tkachuk is going to be phenomenal to watch, Holl is probably going to play just because we need that physicality to hold Tkachuk off and keep him away from Sammy.

Leksand

Oct 30, 2013
Northern VA
Schenn vs Tkachuk is going to be phenomenal to watch, Holl is probably going to play just because we need that physicality to hold Tkachuk off and keep him away from Sammy.
I think playing Holl would be a bad decision for the Leafs. They need to have Ds who can facilitate controlled zone exits in the face of Panthers forecheck and I don’t think Holl can do it.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
While we are pulling up how players do against the teams involved in this series. A certain key player for the Panthers career line against the Leafs

GP:23 G:5 A:4 P:9 +/-: -8

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I think playing Holl would be a bad decision for the Leafs. They need to have Ds who can facilitate controlled zone exits in the face of Panthers forecheck and I don’t think Holl can do it.
Also true, I believe reports said that Keefe was going back to Holl though so I think that's the rationale behind the move. Tampa exposed Holl with the forecheck, Florida is surely aware of that.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
He should have just said, "The two years before this season (since he's been injured all season), he was pacing for over 60 goals".

It would have been more accurate and impressive.

I mean,

47 goals in 70 games
41 goals in 52 games
60 goals in 73 games

Hard to argue those aren’t all 50+ goal seasons without covid.

Not to mention back to back rockets.

Saying Tkachuk is the #1 forward in this series is an absolute joke

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Leafs blow this fire everyone including the ticket sales staff and the polar bear. This is the clearest path to the ecf you can ever get . No excuses. A true gift because Elmer fudd was hunting the panther and shot his foot. Bruin fan a angry one.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
Mitch Marner enjoys playing the Flordia Panthers. 33 points in 23 career games. Only team that is higher is Ottawa, 36 points, but that is in 31 games.

Interestingly, Auston Matthews only has 22 points in 22 career games against the Panthers.

John Tavares has 41 points in 42 career games.

William Nylander tends to struggle against the Panthers, with just 18 points in 26 career games.

Ilya Samsonov is 3-1-1 lifetime against the Panthers, with a .915 sv% and a 2.89 GAA.
This definitely isn't right because they beat him in the playoffs 3 times last year

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
Leafs blow this fire everyone including the ticket sales staff and the polar bear. This is the clearest path to the ecf you can ever get . No excuses. A true gift because Elmer fudd was hunting the panther and shot his foot. Bruin fan a angry one.
Right, can't possibly be that Florida underachieved this year and is an extremely good team that beat the greatest regular season team in NHL history, Bruins just choked.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020

Wow what a complete 180 from you. From betting the Leafs would blow it when up 3-1 and spending all day telling people it's easy money to this

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
I mean,

47 goals in 70 games
41 goals in 52 games
60 goals in 73 games

Hard to argue those aren’t all 50+ goal seasons without covid.

Not to mention back to back rockets.

Saying Tkachuk is the #1 forward in this series is an absolute joke
I've said this time and time again, but Matthews is probably the player who has had his raw totals most impacted by COVID. His peak corresponded with the rise of the pandemic

He should have 1 50 goal season and 2 60 goal campaigns on his resume right now

Reactions: Strangle

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Excited for the series to start tonight.

As a leaf fan, I am rooting for the leafs and calling Leafs in 6.

That said, respect to the Panthers. Panthers will definitely be tough to play against, and after finishing the Bruins it would be crazy to underestimate this team.

Both our teams lost the first game of the first series and went on to win the series. So, hope for a loss in game 1?

Looking forward to a great series. Hope the refs don't ruin it. But hey, since the Bruins are not in this series I don't think the refs will be participating anymore.

Reactions: Strangle

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Right, can't possibly be that Florida underachieved this year and is an extremely good team that beat the greatest regular season team in NHL history, Bruins just choked.
No Elmer Fudd cant hunt and points his gun down on his toes sees target and fires. I could have coached a 3 to 1 lead with a team stacked like that to victory. Are you kidding me ?? That was not just a choke that was history. Fudd needs his walking papers . Today!

Wow what a complete 180 from you. From betting the Leafs would blow it when up 3-1 and spending all day telling people it's easy money to this
Panthers vs leafs
Bruins vs leafs

Tell me honestly even if you have scotch and eggs for breakfast what matchup you want? You guys got a gift from our coach Elmer . Send him a thank you note. I want him out before next season starts. I think management will. This is tremendous damage.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
To put it most simply, if Toronto plays the same way they did against Tampa, they probably lose. If they want to win, they need all the "monkey off our back" comments to actually be true and start dictating the play. Do the Leafs have that gear? Yes. Will they reach it? Find out next time on Dragonball Z.

Reactions: leafsfan5

Strangle

May 4, 2009
I've said this time and time again, but Matthews is probably the player who has had his raw totals most impacted by COVID. His peak corresponded with the rise of the pandemic

He should have 1 50 goal season and 2 60 goal campaigns on his resume right now

It’s really a shame, and all it ends up being is people looking at goal totals and thinking he’s a 40 goal scorer with one break out year.

They don’t know how to see the stats. You usually have to mention the back to back rockets

Reactions: leafsfan5

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Tell me honestly even if you have scotch and eggs for breakfast what matchup you want? You guys got a gift from our coach Elmer . Send him a thank you note. I want him out before next season starts. I think management will. This is tremendous damage.

Bruins couldn't even beat the Panthers why would they be able to beat the Leafs?

Bob not even getting the start?

Panthers did their research and know AHL goalies are our kryptonite

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
He has scored over 50 once. Not sure what definition of perennial you are using but that's not it. Who is better (Matthews vs Matthew T) is a moot point, the point that matters and will be decided by this series is which team is better.
It's a moot point, and yet you're arguing it. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad