ECSF: Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) ( Florida Leads 3-1 )

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Nylander is getting paid. He gone. Matthews......he's pulling a reverse pajama boy and heading home to the desert. You will be left with Pajama Boy and the Sherminator from the Big 4.
The cope is glorious. Matthews is going to leave a team in the biggest hockey market in the world where he is making playoff runs annually and finally seem to have broken through their glass ceiling to push past the first round to join a cap-floor team in a market that doesn't care about the sport and where the city and ownership are suing each other. Oh yeah, and the team plays in a college arena. And they can't even use said arena for their own sponsorship deals.

Ok...

Divine

Dec 18, 2010

Fast turnaround.

Florida just finished a game. Probably flies to Toronto tomorrow, and then the game is Tuesday. Leafs were supposed to play Game 7 Monday, so they get 1 extra day off for ending the series early.

Reactions: Sypher04

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
There are no favorites in this series, not even on paper.
its a complete wash; it can go 4-0 for the Panthers, or 4-0 for the Leafs
or it can go 7 games.

even match up through and through

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
Yall beat the lightning, we beat the bruins. f*** both of them, rooting for the winner of this series to take it all

Haha I love you guys too right now. Panthers fans know what it’s like to cheer for a team that hasn’t had much success.

But I’m sure most of that love will turn to hate by the time the puck drops for game 1. Hope it’s a great series.
By game 3 we’ll hate each others stinking guts.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
Same thought can go for the Leafs though, did you won because you were better, or did you win because Tampa sucked.
Not really cause the Leafs did end up the season 13 points ahead of the Bolts but the Panthers were like 43 points below the Bruins.

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
Z6LDiAZ.png

FtPTEEIaEAIigPx.jpg
Everyone doubting the Panthers like they didn't just outplay the greatest regular season team in history. I don't see what advantage the Leafs have, Bruins fans took over Sunrise, didn't matter. Hoping the Leafs players take the cats as lightly as the fans.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I really think people are underrating Florida here. I'm seeing "Leafs" easily. Or, "Leafs in five".

If Florida can come back from 3-1 against Boston, the 65 win team, why can't they beat Toronto?

Maybe I'm missing something here?

Because I'm not seeing Toronto as a much superior team.
It’s a prediction based on statistics, people can make predictions.

If the Bruins and Panthers were to have another playoff series right now and I had to put money on it, I’d pick the Bruins again.

Reactions: Sypher04

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Everyone doubting the Panthers like they didn't just outplay the greatest regular season team in history. I don't see what advantage the Leafs have, Bruins fans took over Sunrise, didn't matter. Hoping the Leafs players take the cats as lightly as the fans.
Is thinking one team will win the same as taking the other team lightly?
Florida is a really good team. So is Toronto.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
There's no way Toronto in 5 should be more popular than Florida in 6 or 7 imo but we'll see how it plays out.
Toronto fans out number Panthers fans around here. It’s not that shocking. Do you think many Panthers fans are picking the Leafs?
Especially with how good you guys feel about your team right now. Most Leafs fans have that same high as well.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
One thing, one if as it were. That could swing this series towards Panthers

Panthers defeated the Bruins while Barkov, Bennett, Verheaghe, Luostarinen and Lundell combined just 7 goals for.
where as Tkachuk, Reinheart, Montour combined 15 goals for.

If, big if, if Panthers can get more depth to their goal scoring, Leafs can't win by out scoring them, their defense needs to be top notch.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
One thing, one if as it were. That could swing this series towards Panthers

Panthers defeated the Bruins while Barkov, Bennett, Verheaghe, Luostarinen and Lundell combined just 7 goals for.
where as Tkachuk, Reinheart, Montour combined 15 goals for.

If, big if, if Panthers can get more depth to their goal scoring, Leafs can't win by out scoring them, their defense needs to be top notch.

I wouldn't worry too much about Barkov.

He's not a good performer in the playoffs.

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I just want good reffing: none of the Game 7 dives that the bruins did or that horrendous game in toronto earlier in the year

Florida is the underdog and they beat us thrice, but twice in OT. Should be a good series

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Matthews vs Bark will be an incredible matchup. Less see how it goesssss
I'm going to be honest, if the Boston series is any indication I'm not worried about that matchup

My concern is Sam Bennett, he's going to be a pain in the ass

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
There's no way Toronto in 5 should be more popular than Florida in 6 or 7 imo but we'll see how it plays out.
After the Bruins series, no one should count the Panthers out. No idea how this series will go, I got the Leafs in 6 but this is the craziest playoffs I've seen in a long time.

I can’t wait to see Bennett and Tkachuk drive the pretty boy Leafs nuts.
If we could handle Kucherov/Sergachev/Maroon/Perry I think we'll be able to keep our cool with them.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad