ECSF: Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) ( Florida Leads 3-1 )

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Leafs definitely need to pick up the intensity and forecheck but the leafs actually had way more high danger chances than the lightning. Contrary to popular belief, the leafs played good defense to limit the lightning's chances.
I agree, but like you said they need to ramp up the forecheck, and their pp was not a strength last game either.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I think the Leafs will be okay. They can run and gun or win a close game. Gonna have to be able to do both to take out the Panthers

Reactions: CanadianLov3

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Idk about that.

Don't forget they went 0-4 in the 2nd round against Tampa after being a top 3 regular season team, having their best season in franchise history and one of the best offensive seasons in 25+ years (something like that)

Of course, no denying the maple Leafs got the bigger monkey off their back with all the upsets they endured in recent years.
I think the Bruins choked under the pressure as much as the Panther won

both team will be loose, the Leafs have better talent

Reactions: CanadianLov3

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Kind of a cringe comment - that's like saying we did what Florida wasn't able to do last year. We beat the team that swept them

Plus they scored like what, twice that whole series? I don't expect we roll over them like that though, it should be a great and hard fought series

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Offense: Leafs. This will be completely one sided if Barkov doesn't get going.

Defense: Leafs but it's very close. I may take the panthers top 3 D over the leafs top 3 though.

Goaltending: Even. This can be a series of who's goalie is less shit. Panthers have Lyon to go back to if Bob craps the bed. But the Leafs don't have Murray healthy. Where is this guy when you need him the most?

Coaching: Panthers. Maurice has a cup and the experience that Keefe lacks.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
The level of piousness and bravado is already off the charts from Leafs fans at this point. Should they get by Florida the arrogance and dick-swinging will be off the charts here in Canada.

Please Panthers for the love of Christ, please beat Toronto!
It's that bad eh?

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
Cats beat bruins: Leafs in 5, thanks for choking boston
Bruins beat cats: Boston almost choked a 3-1 series lead to a wild card team, leafs in 5

Reactions: Sega Dreamcast

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Leafs definitely need to pick up the intensity and forecheck but the leafs actually had way more high danger chances than the lightning. Contrary to popular belief, the leafs played good defense to limit the lightning's chances.

Yeah honestly the Lightning were really good at controlling play but really the Leafs did a better job than people think stifling their high danger chances. I mean there's a reason we beat them in 6 games and our top scoring players have point totals of 11, 9, 8, 7, 7, and 7, vs. 6, 6, 5, 5, 5, and 4. That's about as big of a gap as you'll see for scoring between top players in a playoff series.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
The level of piousness and bravado is already off the charts from Leafs fans at this point. Should they get by Florida the arrogance and dick-swinging will be off the charts here in Canada.

Actually, most Leafs fan are fully acknowledging that this will be a tough series. Picking their own team to win doesn’t mean bravado

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
The Leafs better be ready to play physical. If not the Panthers are going to man handle them. They aren't going to be playing back and forth hockey, it'll be a slow dump and chase, physical, methodical series. Im not sure that the leafs have the personel for that type of series.
The Leafs entire deadline was based on the idea of getting us ready for that style of hockey

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
going to be a good series. panthers have been in survival, playoff mode for more than a month to get that wildcard spot. they didn't have to flip the switch for the playoffs.

leafs finally have the monkey off their back and they will have resounding momentum on their side to make the opportunity count.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Should be easy for Leafs. Leafs honestly are better in offense, defense, goaltending, and coaching.

I voted Leafs in 5. And honestly, even Carolina Hurricanes or whoever Leafs will face in eastern conference finals really isn't that amazing. And no one in the west is that great, either.

With the Bruins disappointing, I think that this is the year for Leafs.
Stats show Florida has a better offense. And one that underachieved at that. They're also faster and more physical. Wouldn't underestimate them.

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
Offense: Leafs. This will be completely one sided if Barkov doesn't get going.

Defense: Leafs but it's very close. I may take the panthers top 3 D over the leafs top 3 though.

Goaltending: Even. This can be a series of who's goalie is less shit. Panthers have Lyon to go back to if Bob craps the bed. But the Leafs don't have Murray healthy. Where is this guy when you need him the most?

Coaching: Panthers. Maurice has a cup and the experience that Keefe lacks.
Lol Maurice does not have a cup.

CaptainUgly

Bronx Bombers
Apr 22, 2018
Will Florida still have gas in the tank after that incredible comeback?

I think Toronto takes it in 6 games.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012

There's like 3-4 arrogant posters and I can probably name them. They are a few pest amongst the rest of our large fan base.

We're here for a good series and anyone who thinks Florida will be a walk hasn't really been following along.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
No clue. On paper you would expect Toronto, but neither of these teams were favored to make it past the 1st round so who knows.

Gotta say, it is nice to see this pairing in the Atlantic: There have been 4 perennial playoff teams in that division for years, but never seen Florida vs Toronto before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad