ECSF: Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) ( Florida Leads 3-1 )

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Stats show Florida has a better offense. And one that underachieved at that. They're also faster and more physical. Wouldn't underestimate them.

Definitely should not be underestimated. They deserve to be respected as an opponent - especially after knocking off the bruins. I like the Leafs to win, but this’ll be a hard fought series that likely goes the distance either way

Reactions: authentic

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
My question is were the Panthers really that good that they humiliated the President trophy winners or were the Bruins just that bad that they couldn't beat a team that didn't even expect to make the playoffs until the last week.

Hopefully it is that the Bruins were just that bad, making it a much easier path for my Leafs to the conference finals.

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
I don’t do predictions, but the Leaf’s should be favoured slightly.

I’m very interested to see what line Florida is going to use on Matthews?

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
There's like 3-4 arrogant posters and I can probably name them. They are a few pest amongst the rest of our large fan base.

We're here for a good series and anyone who thinks Florida will be a walk hasn't really been following along.
Good, I hope they continue their arrogance and write off the Panthers. It'll make their defeat all the more comical to watch. Never underestimate your opponent. Grade school lesson.

Panthers in 6

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

ijuka

May 14, 2016
HFBoards in Boston vs Florida series thread: "The Cats have no chance at all. This is an easy series for the Bruins." ----> Florida beats the Bruins in 7.

The same day Florida defeats the strongest team in the league, HFBoards: "The Cats have no chance against Toronto. This is an easy walk in the park for the Leafs.

Me: o_O

Why is it that every year people don't learn their lesson? Stop finding ways not to give credit to unexpected teams beating juggernauts. If they did, it's because they are good and dangerous.
Just making the assumption that Leafs won't have a total goalie meltdown and that Leafs won't gift 1-2 free goals per game to Panthers with stupid mistakes.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
As much as I want to see TML lose, I don't see it happening. TML in 6. But my dream final of Panthers/Oilers remains. So gonna root for that.

Morlu

Nov 4, 2011
Nylander is getting paid. He gone. Matthews......he's pulling a reverse pajama boy and heading home to the desert. You will be left with Pajama Boy and the Sherminator from the Big 4.
And McDavid. I can make shit up too.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Forget Matthews, Florida has no answer for Marner

just thinking about this. Florida did a good job of shutting down pasta earlier on and marcharnd wasn't as big of a factor. Boston only had only 1 ppg player (Pasta) in regular season.

Florida had 2 ppg players while 3 of them clocked in at 70+ points (Verhaeghe: 40 goals too)

Toronto on the hand are really top heavy:
Leafs had 4 ppg players (Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Nylander) and have some depth scoring with 20 goals from bunting and jankrok.

ROR is the trump card that may help provide another angle compared to boston for the panthers.

It is safe to say IMO if Florida can contain Leafs' top guys then we have a series, if not then Florida's bottom 6 is gonna have to outscore Toronto's bottom 6 to make a series out of it. Panthers does have better depth IMO

Is gonna be a good one of course unless goalies from either side decide to chill :laugh:

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Just remember the beginning of the season. Boston was slated to miss the playoffs, Florida was expected to be near the top. I’m not saying the season doesn’t matter, but Florida shouldn’t be taken lightly.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
HFBoards in Boston vs Florida series thread: "The Cats have no chance at all. This is an easy series for the Bruins." ----> Florida beats the Bruins in 7.

The same day Florida defeats the strongest team in the league, HFBoards: "The Cats have no chance against Toronto. This is an easy walk in the park for the Leafs.

Me: o_O

Why is it that every year people don't learn their lesson? Stop finding ways not to give credit to unexpected teams beating juggernauts. If they did, it's because they are good and dangerous.
Shhhh...let the Leafs fans think they're on a golden cakewalk to the Final. It'll make the meltdown more hilarious

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Shhhh...let the Leafs fans think they're on a golden cakewalk to the Final. It'll make the meltdown more hilarious
Aren't you doing the same thing? You're calling out a few Leafs fans for underestimating the Panthers and acting as though it's a guaranteed win, but all you're doing is underestimating the Leafs and acting as though it's a guaranteed win for the Panthers.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Aren't you doing the same thing? You're calling out a few Leafs fans for underestimating the Panthers and acting as though it's a guaranteed win, but all you're doing is underestimating the Leafs and acting as though it's a guaranteed win for the Panthers.
No, not really. Because if the Leafs fans make the same mistake we did and think Florida is a pushover, they'll be in for a big surprise. If you respect your opponent it's a whole different story.

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Very few think that, contrary to the popular narrative that will be perpetuated here.

Literally this - I do think Leafs win the series but I don't think it'll be a cakewalk like what is being implied.

Theyre the same president trophy winning team as last year if not better (Tkachuk >Huberdeau)

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Very few think that, contrary to the popular narrative that will be perpetuated here.
I've come across plenty who come off as they're going to conference final, no questions asked. Good on you if you're not one. I'll tell you firsthand, Florida just doesn't go away. Good luck.

• Love

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I've come across plenty who come off as they're going to conference final, no questions asked. Good on you if you're not one. I'll tell you firsthand, Florida just doesn't go away. Good luck.

I’m expecting a long, punishing series. I like the Leafs to win, but not going to sit here and pretend like we’re some kind of heavy favorite. That’s a good Panther team over there. They play hard and have lots of depth offensively. That said, I think the Leafs top end forwards and D are clearly a step ahead, and goal is fairly even if both sides play to capability. But you never take anyone lightly. That’s a recipe for disaster.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
My question is were the Panthers really that good that they humiliated the President trophy winners or were the Bruins just that bad that they couldn't beat a team that didn't even expect to make the playoffs until the last week.

Hopefully it is that the Bruins were just that bad, making it a much easier path for my Leafs to the conference finals.

Same thought can go for the Leafs though, did you won because you were better, or did you win because Tampa sucked.

Reactions: BB79

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
Z6LDiAZ.png

FtPTEEIaEAIigPx.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad