ECSF: Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) ( Florida Leads 3-1 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Lol. You’ve never played Bennett and Tkachuk in an elimination series before.

Have fun with them. They will drive your pretty boys and goalie nuts.
if they become a problem we will just hit them out of the series, Cernak, Cirelli, Hedman, Point, Jeanot all were victims to some extent

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Grandpa Gio ain’t gonna save ya.

3 of the top 10 leaders in hits these playoffs (including #1 and #2) are on the Leafs, and none of them respond to the name "Gio".

I was trying to compare to hits by Florida players but I got tired scrolling down the list looking for any.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
I'm going to be honest, if the Boston series is any indication I'm not worried about that matchup

My concern is Sam Bennett, he's going to be a pain in the ass
Matthews / Tavares is probs the toughest center matchup in the whole tourney.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
3 of the top 10 leaders in hits these playoffs (including #1 and #2) are on the Leafs, and none of them respond to the name "Gio".

I was trying to compare to hits by Florida players but I got tired scrolling down the list looking for any.

I’m not talking at all about hits.

You’ll find out.

Matthews / Tavares is probs the toughest center matchup in the whole tourney.

McDavid / Draisaitl - the top 2 scorers in the league by a country mile - say hi.

if they become a problem we will just hit them out of the series, Cernak, Cirelli, Hedman, Point, Jeanot all were victims to some extent

Haha. You’ll see.

Last edited:

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
One more season of tanking for the Habs and one more season with Matthews and Nylander for the Leafs....good luck with that.
There is a possibility for more on both accounts.

Panthers in 4, the cup hangover will be too much for the Leafs.

You could tell from their interviews they were all talking as if they won the cup, they weren’t saying this is just 1 round and we have a long way to go, they were saying how proud they are of themselves for winning and how big of a deal this is. Losers to the core.
They were saying the opposite actually.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
How many people called this one? Wow

Should be a good series. Panthers won’t be an easy out

I mean some of us were on here thinking Boston might not have enough left for Florida after expending all that energy to set record, kind of like Tampa in 2019 VS Columbus, they expended all that energy to tie the record and had nothing left for Columbus.

I think something similar happened to Boston VS Florida

it just took 3 games longer.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
I suspect that if Maurice has his way, Auston Matthews will see a ton of Alexander Barkov, and Bennett/Tkachuk will try to attack John Tavares.

On the flip side, if Keefe gets his way, I suspect he'll look to turn Bennett/Tkachuk into a distraction by giving them a healthy dose of ROR, Acciari, and maybe Bunting.... while he looks to get Matthews out against Lundell.

Will be interesting to see if Keefe continues 11/7, or goes back to 12/6. I'd imagine that at home, Marner will probably play with Tavares & Knies against Barkov. On the road, you'd probably want Marner/Matthews against Barkov, but probably don't want Nylander & Tavares against Bennett & Tkachuk.

Personally, I think the smartest thing the Leafs could do on the road is isolate Matthews. Give him Bunting & Jarnkrok and take Barkov out of the game shutting down Matthews.

Give that Tavares line the best possible chance of coming out on top of Bennett/Tkachuk with Marner & Knies.... and make your 3rd line a real scoring threat with Acciari, ROR, and Nylander against the Lundell group.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
Yall beat the lightning, we beat the bruins. f*** both of them, rooting for the winner of this series to take it all

By game 3 we’ll hate each others stinking guts.
Good to see Leafs and Panthers fans enjoying this, while obsessed Edmonton fans live in this thread for some reason.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad