ECSF: Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) ( Florida Leads 3-1 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I think the Panthers have shown they won’t be an easy opponent, and they got scoring from all over their lineup. They’re deep enough to play with the Leafs, who have solid depth themselves.

I think it may come down to goaltending, and Samsonov had a really solid first round. Bobrovsky and Lyon can each play well, but the trick is with their consistency.

I’m going Leafs in 6.

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
:biglaugh:Jesus tap dancing Christ! Paul Maurice and Barkov in the second round. Looks like christmas comes yearly for us Leafs fans this year!

The only thing we need to worry about is Matthew Tkachuk, that dude is scary good...

Fern111

Dec 20, 2015
Tough to pick the Panthers here, the Leafs kinda dominated us this year.

The only reason I have a tiny bit of hope, is we saw what happened last year. Once the Cats got the monkey off their back by winning round 1, they crumbled and got swept in round 2, this could also happen to Toronto.

I'm gonna say.... Leafs in 6?

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
It’s a prediction based on statistics, people can make predictions.

If the Bruins and Panthers were to have another playoff series right now and I had to put money on it, I’d pick the Bruins again.
Really I think Florida would win again, maybe in less than 7 games this time. By the end of the series they were clearly the better 5 on 5 team. Had them figured out and won 3 in a row.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

LivingRentFree

Feb 18, 2007
Alberta
I feel like some of my fellow leafs fans are being overconfident here. Florida just took out the Boston Bruins. They are no joke. The leafs need to take them seriously, and come out swinging.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Panthers sneaked into the playoffs by one point and only need to take this to five games to have their second most successful season in franchise history. Let's go, house money.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

TheRumble

Feb 19, 2009
Good to see Leafs and Panthers fans enjoying this, while obsessed Edmonton fans live in this thread for some reason.
Edmonton Oiler fans on HFBoards are something else. There isn't a thread about the Leafs, Flames or good NHL forward not named Draisaitl or McDavid that they don't flood and ruin with their trolling.

Trash fanbase.

Last edited:

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
I`m thinking a lot of Leaf-fans are salivating over getting Florida. I`d think Panthers actually is the worse matchup as they are more physical with Bennett, Tkachuk, Gudas etc. Barkov was shooting at 5% and will probably play a lot better. His series was bad for a player his caliber.

ThrowDemTongs

kid named jeff finger
Mar 21, 2013
Coquitlam, BC
I`m thinking a lot of Leaf-fans are salivating over getting Florida. I`d think Panthers actually is the worse matchup as they are more physical with Bennett, Tkachuk, Gudas etc. Barkov was shooting at 5% and will probably play a lot better. His series was bad for a player his caliber.
I'm not. This is gonna be a deadly series. Florida can't be slept on.

Panthers Propaganda

We're a team
Oct 28, 2015
Canada
He has been sick allegedly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad