ECSF: Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) ( Florida Leads 3-1 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
When the record setting Tampa Bay Lighting lost to CBJ in the first round. CBJ lost in the 2nd round 4-2 to BOS. So I got Leafs in 6.

Panthers Propaganda

We're a team
Oct 28, 2015
Canada
Man two teams that have sucked ass for decades and people are coming in here trying to make a prediction???? Either one of these trains could explode.

I’m rooting for my cats, but don’t have too much hope, all I will say.

Reactions: teugen

teugen

cats on a rampage
Dec 30, 2015
This is absolute gm7 with some horrible goaltending. The f are you guys betting on?

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Tough to pick the Panthers here, the Leafs kinda dominated us this year.

The only reason I have a tiny bit of hope, is we saw what happened last year. Once the Cats got the monkey off their back by winning round 1, they crumbled and got swept in round 2, this could also happen to Toronto.

I'm gonna say.... Leafs in 6?
They got smoked by TB the team we just beat - who played better this year than last year. The team we should have beaten last year, but got a bit unlucky - that's how close it was. FLA doesn't have 6 years of playoff scars the Leafs have. That said this series could go any way, regular season means nothing at this point. FLA coming in hot, you guys should be proud. Should be a great series!

• Haha
Reactions: TheGoldenJet

teugen

cats on a rampage
Dec 30, 2015
They got smoked by TB the team we just beat - who played better this year than last year. The team we should have beaten last year, but got a bit unlucky - that's how close it was. FLA doesn't have 6 years of playoff scars the Leafs have. That said this series could go any way, regular season means nothing at this point. FLA coming in hot, you guys should be proud. Should be a great series!
The series will be one for the books and I predict gm7 after all. FLA doesn't have the playoff scars, but they do have the scars of sucking ass for 26 years of existence.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Man two teams that have sucked ass for decades and people are coming in here trying to make a prediction???? Either one of these trains could explode.

I’m rooting for my cats, but don’t have too much hope, all I will say.
I feel the exact same way. Hard to really evaluate how good either team really is. FLA is rolling right now, and Leafs got lucky in the first round, and have yet to play their best hockey (outside of game 2). FLA could also be emotionally spent right now, which could put them down early in the series again.

Reactions: seventieslord

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Now this is a feel good series

who-wouldve-thought-not-me.gif

MrSnrub

May 23, 2010
Some place far away
I don't understand why the Leafs are a massive favorite (other than typical HF arrogance). Panthers just beat the greatest regular season team ever and you think they'll just be some pushover against an inferior team?

Reactions: Petrus and Zbynek

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
I don't understand why the Leafs are a massive favorite (other than typical HF arrogance). Panthers just beat the greatest regular season team ever and you think they'll just be some pushover against an inferior team?
Simply because they have the better roster and had a better season?

Reactions: leafsfan5

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
I have the same prediction what I had for the first round: Panthers in 6.
Winning game 7 in OT didn't feel bad. So that'll be fine too as long as Cats win.

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
People tend to respect original six teams more.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I don’t think the Leafs have an answer for Matthew Tkachuk. Panthers continue to roll, win in 5
What's the question? Who's the 3rd best forward in the series?

Safe to say there are answers for players who have never won a cup before...

It should be a good series. Leafs in 6.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
When you fail to win a playoff series in 20 years (or Cup in 60, take your pick) you kind of forget how hard it is to win Lord Stanley.

Reactions: Zwui21

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Feel like this series will be decided by Bob. If he keeps playing at a high level, Panthers take it. If he doesn't, Leafs win.

Fla definitely the underdog but they really play a complete game. Toronto has shown its power, but has to be better in the Dzone to succeed. Fla really has the ability to create scoring chances out of nothing.
There will be a lot of bruises to deal with for whichever team goes to ECF.

May the better team win, looking forward to this great series.

Reactions: teugen

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Who thinks the Leafs are massive favorites?

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
When you fail to win a playoff series in 20 years (or Cup in 60, take your pick) you kind of forget how hard it is to win Lord Stanley.
I think the Tampa prolonged success in the past couple of years had people lose some of the consciousness on how hard it is to win in the NHL playoffs, and how the playoff outcome is so damn unpredictable.

There's nothing comparable to the unpredictability of NHL playoffs in other sports, and that's part of the reason why we love this time of the year so much.

Last edited:

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Leaf fans haven't forgotten though it was only 19 years and 56 years for them.

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
I think the Tampa prolonged success in the past couple of years had people lose some of the consciousness on how hard it is to win in the NHL playoffs, and how the playoff outcome is so damn unpredictable.

There's nothing comparable to the unpredictability of NHL playoffs in other sports, and that's part of the reason why we love this time of the year so much.
Stanley Cup is the hardest piece of hardware to win in pro sports by a longshot. And then to defend it is such an insane statistical accomplishment.

Leaf fans haven't forgotten though it was only 19 years and 56 years for them.
Thanks for correcting the years. I genuinely do not mean any ill will on Leafs fans though my post may have seemed like that. I'm just pointing out how hard it is to win. Boston getting upset in round 1 is great proof of that.

The battle doesn't end until the whistle blows on that 4th win in the SCF.

Reactions: Leaf Fans
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad