ECSF: Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) ( Florida Leads 3-1 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iwishihadaspacebar

Apr 27, 2021
One of the key things will be who the Leafs match Bennett and Tkachuk against. The top two lines for the Leafs might get bullied by them if they allow it to happen. I could see O'Reilly and Acciari matching up with them a fair bit, with then Leafs wanting Barkov and Lundell lines against Matthews' and Tavares' lines as much as possible.

Should be a good series and likely a decent amount of goals.

The Best Leafs Everr

Jul 29, 2022
It's nice to talk about the new series and not to the losers and cheaters anymore.

Looking forward to the match up, the dirt dogs are gone now it’s a hockey game.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Underestimating the underdog is a timeless Playoff tradition across all fan bases. These panthers have bite and anyone thinking they will get destroyed is setting themselves up for massive disappointment. Nothing is definitive. Just ask the Avs.

Reactions: teugen and Kazparov

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
then y’all wonder why everyone enjoys toronto losing. Smh
Because of a handful of fans? That seemed harsh. If you concentrated on the other hundreds of Leafs fans commenting this should be a hard fought series, maybe you wouldn't enjoy Toronto losing?

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
It could turn out very unfortunate for the Leafs if they underestimate Panthers like TML fans are.

Prior to the playoffs I always wonder who the next Cinderella team might be. I'm thinking we are about to find out.

Reactions: teugen

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Remember when you said Tampa or Toronto would get swept by the Bruins. You're really good at this predictions thing!
He said Toronto? When? After game 6? He was predicting sweep after game 1.

It could turn out very unfortunate for the Leafs if they underestimate Panthers like TML fans are.

Prior to the playoffs I always wonder who the next Cinderella team might be. I'm thinking we are about to find out.
Which Leaf fans are underestimating the Panthers? It is a small minority anyway.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009

The Panthers just took out the Bruins so they're clearly not to be overlooked. However, in saying that I'm still not sure what Florida has that Tampa didn't. I've got the Leafs in 6.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
The Panthers just took out the Bruins so they're clearly not to be overlooked. However, in saying that I'm still not sure what Florida has that Tampa didn't. I've got the Leafs in 6.
Sure, making a prediction that the Leafs would win in 6 is not overlooking the Panthers any more than predicting the Panthers in 6 is overlooking the Leafs. People are just looking for something to criticize.

Leafs are the heavy favourites here.
You favor them. That is great. Most Leaf fans think it will be a tough series.

Reactions: FrozenJagrt

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Schenn vs Gudas
Acciari vs Bennett
Bunting vs Tkachuk

It will be a good balance.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
so we're just all going to assume we're going to destroy Florida? that fired them up against Boston. I think it's a mistake to think this will be won easily. I get the feeling its going to as tough as the TB series

Yup under estimate the team that beat a 65 win team at your own peril. They were the Presidents Trophy winners last year. They got a guy on the back end that is going to get Norris votes, a former Veznia winner in net and elite players like Barkov & Tkachuk, 40 goal scorer in Verhage and 30 goal scorer in Reinhert, Lomberg is the Bunting Rat of the South but has been able to fly under the NHL discipline radar, he's great at drawing PIMs and getting the other team focused on chasing him.

This Florida team is no joke, if the Leafs go in thinking this is going to be a cake round, they will be out in 4.

Reactions: teugen

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
so we're just all going to assume we're going to destroy Florida? that fired them up against Boston. I think it's a mistake to think this will be won easily. I get the feeling its going to as tough as the TB series
Exactly. This team just won the president's trophy last year and eliminated the current.

This is going to be a tough series, think it goes 7.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Tough series to pick…. I want to say Toronto gets it done…. But Florida is a very tough/annoying team to play against…. Guess we’ll see how Toronto handles tkachuk and bennet and the pressure they put on defenders in game 1

Evergreen

My brain tells me Leafs in 6, but I never thought the Panthers would beat the Bruins. I'm hoping for a long series with a healthy serving of choppiness.

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
Tough series to pick…. I want to say Toronto gets it done…. But Florida is a very tough/annoying team to play against…. Guess we’ll see how Toronto handles tkachuk and bennet and the pressure they put on defenders in game 1
I don't know that Florida will give the Leafs anything they haven't already handled with Tampa.

It will be a tough series for sure, but I think Toronto will go in mentally prepared for whatever the Panthers can throw at them. I've got the Leafs in 6 and I feel pretty confident in saying that.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Very few of us will assume that. Right now I think it only hockey virus. There might be one or two more, but you can name them instead of saying Leafs fans because I think it will be a tough series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad