ECSF: Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) ( Florida Leads 3-1 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Leafs can't win a series in 20 years now they're going to apparently steam roll a very motivated Florida team in 5 games max.
Not having players like Ceci, Campbell and Hyman anymore should do the trick

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
I love the hubris being displayed by Leafs fans here. If there is a sport where you don't want to face a low seed that has been on a late-season tear and playing for its life for at least a month it is hockey. This is also not a traditional low seed, but a team with a core that recently won a President's trophy and struggled to adapt to a new coach for a bit before it found its legs. This Panthers team feels more like an LA-Kings-ish low seed than a team like the Kraken or the 2019 Blue Jackets.
Sounds good to me

Leafs are the underdogs, y'all. Cheering for the upset!

ashs

Oct 27, 2007
should be a fun series, congrats to Florida for pulling through. The refs seemed against them in the last game but they showed resilience.

go leafs go

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I love the hubris being displayed by Leafs fans here. If there is a sport where you don't want to face a low seed that has been on a late-season tear and playing for its life for at least a month it is hockey. This is also not a traditional low seed, but a team with a core that recently won a President's trophy and struggled to adapt to a new coach for a bit before it found its legs. This Panthers team feels more like an LA-Kings-ish low seed than a team like the Kraken or the 2019 Blue Jackets.
What hubris?

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I got Florida in 6. Boston was a much tougher out than Tampa who looks bad all season.

The way Florida played the last 3 games against Boston will give the Leafs fits. They outworked Boston, not easy to do.

Should be a great series none the less.

The Best Leafs Everr

Jul 29, 2022
Gonna be a close one, a lot closer than people think. Should be 6 or 7 games. Florida plays with a lot of energy, and has one of the deepest forward cores in the league. Florida has a whole lot of momentum after that one.

Leafs can't take them lightly, and need to put out a consistent effort.
The difference between Florida and Tampa is just that they play with energy and speed vs slow it down and grind it out.

We are the better team at energy, speed and skill. It's going to be an exciting series now that the slow them down tactic is gone.

• Haha
Reactions: Leaf Fans

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Goaltending wise sure, but Boston dominated the play much more. I think the Panthers are going to crash hard after that emotional triumph.
You could say the same thing about the Leafs. Leafs were outplayed many of the games in the series and found a way to win. Florida out worked Boston in the last 3 games to come back and win their series. Both teams have momentum going into this series....I don't expect it to be a short one.

MrSnrub

May 23, 2010
Some place far away
Because Leafs finished higher in the standings, are a better team on ice and on paper ? Not that hard to figure out. Panthers are a solid squad, they demonstrated that but not sure what you're confused about here

So were the Bruins for all those things. But go ahead thinking the Panthers are going to suddenly turn into a cupcake and that they're no real threat despite beating one of the best teams ever.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Anything can happen in the playoffs.

With the leafs finally getting the monkey off their back, who knows how they are going to look in round 2.

But honestly speaking, I don't think the leafs were their best selves in the Tampa series. Had a lot of bad line up decisions that cost them some games. Holl was literally on for over 70% of Tampa's goal and they heavily abused him. Hopefully Keefe has learned from that. They also played dumb and stacked the top 2 lines the first game instead of having 3 line depth. Again, hopefully Keefe has learned. Also, bunting was essentially out the entire series, so hes probably got a bone to pick in the 2nd round. Samsonov looked brutal his first couple games, but appeared to get more comfortable as the playoffs went off. Hopefully there isnt a rocky start for him in this series.

If I had to pick a winner i'd probably say Leafs in 6/7, but I know anything can happen and this will be a close series and wouldnt be surprised if Florida pulled it off.

Last edited:
Reactions: CanadianLov3

IceManCat

#StanleyCupChampions2024🏆
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
He must not even be aware of players like Schenn, Acciari, McCabe and O'Reilly.

Well aware of them and who else? Not to mention your style of play isnt a playoff style. You beat a tired and over the hill Lightning team. Panthers are going to frustrate the Leafs. I dont think the Leafs superior scoring will make up for it.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
So were the Bruins for all those things. But go ahead thinking the Panthers are going to suddenly turn into a cupcake and that they're no real threat despite beating one of the best teams ever.

Who said they were gonna turn into a cupcake and not be a threat ? lol Literally just saying, dude asked why the Leafs are heavy favorites so I gave an answer

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Well aware of them and who else? Not to mention your style of play isnt a playoff style. You beat a tired and over the hill Lightning team. Panthers are going to frustrate the Leafs. I dont think the Leafs superior scoring will make up for it.
And you beat a tired and over the hill Boston team that with their 1C injured.

See how ridiculous this sounds when saying it out loud :laugh:

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
So Panthere are only selling tickets to US citizens. It will be interesting watching Games 3 and 4 with 3 fans in attendance.

MrSnrub

May 23, 2010
Some place far away
Who said they were gonna turn into a cupcake and not be a threat ? lol Literally just saying, dude asked why the Leafs are heavy favorites so I gave an answer

Yeah, you think the Leafs are heavy favorites because of regular season stuff that we just saw means nothing at this stage. "Well they're the higher seed so..."

IceManCat

#StanleyCupChampions2024🏆
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
And you beat a tired and over the hill Boston team.

See how ridiculous this sounds when saying it out loud :laugh:

You are referring to the team that just set the record for most wins in a season? You mean that tired and over the hilll team. Imagine if they didnt set the record what would you call them? This is hilarious no way you just made this argument?

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Saying Maurice is smarter than Keefe isn't saying much for Maurice. A crocodile is smarter than Keefe. So I'll say Maurice is way, way, way smarter than Keefe. So there's the coaching advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad