ECSF: Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) ( Florida Leads 3-1 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
You are referring to the team that just set the record for most wins in a season? You mean that tired and over the hilll team. Imagine if they didnt set the record what would you call them? This is hilarious no way you just made this argument?
Your post is sad. Boston was absolute shit. They must never have gotten over the virus that went theough the room.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
You are referring to the team that just set the record for most wins in a season? You mean that tired and over the hilll team. Imagine if they didnt set the record what would you call them? This is hilarious no way you just made this argument?
And you realize youre talking about a team that just went the 3 straight finals, and the Leafs were the first Eastern team to beat them in the past 4 seasons.

Boston didnt even have their best player for half the series and when he came back he was still extremely injured.

Youre just sayin ridiculous shit and its actually crazy youre giving that Tampa team no credit after just sweeping you last year.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Please don't threaten us with your awesome powers of predicting the future. There is no stronger argument.....rofl.
Crystal Ball GIF by Fall Out Boy - Find & Share on GIPHY

Reactions: BlueBaron

IceManCat

#StanleyCupChampions2024🏆
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
And you realize youre talking about a team that just went the 3 straight finals, and the Leafs were the first Eastern team to beat them in the past 4 seasons.

Boston didnt even have their best player for half the series and when he came back he was still extremely injured.

Youre just sayin ridiculous shit and its actually crazy youre giving that Tampa team no credit after just sweeping you last round.

The Tampa team that swept us last round isnt the same Tampa team of this year. Number two, age decline is a real thing. The Panthers beat a number one seed with the highest point discrepancy in the history of the NHL. The Leafs beat a third seed team in their own division. Any comparison to last year is moot. Its a new year, players have changed etc etc. It is not a valid argument in regards to THIS season. Everyone knew the Lightning were cooked.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I remember when I said "Woo we didn't get the Isles. Thank god we only got the Panthers."

Aged like milk. Be careful what you wish for.

I like how many people are quoting me, a Leafs fan, as if I don't know that playoff losses happen.

I am saying, the Panthers are objectively a MUCH worse team than the Bruins and not only that, do not come with the emotional baggage the Bruins would have.

Leafs have been the better team than the Panthers each time they faced, and they faced exclusively end of season when they were playing hot and had Lyon standing on his head.

You going to pretend the Panthers D wasn't swiss cheese and the bruins couldn't execute? Lyon weak glove hand and Bob kicking out rebounds to middle of the ice every time. How many odd man rushes the Panthers giving up trying to push hard?

Bergeron was badly hurt, Marchand has declined, Pasta choked, etc but the Leafs have in their prime stars who are going to eat their backend and goalie alive. Meanwhile, the Leafs have been a top defensive team all year and can handle the Panthers forecheck.

Not to mention Tkachuk is a playoff ghost the longer it goes on. Had a good series but was invisible in game 7. Barkov invisible the whole series. Leafs are the heavy favorites and just because Boston are a bunch of chokers doesn't mean the Leafs will be.

• Haha
Reactions: Cats2TheCup

Strangle

May 4, 2009
HFBoards in Boston vs Florida series thread: "The Cats have no chance at all. This is an easy series for the Bruins." ----> Florida beats the Bruins in 7.

The same day Florida defeats the strongest team in the league, HFBoards: "The Cats have no chance against Toronto. This is an easy walk in the park for the Leafs.

Me: o_O

Why is it that every year people don't learn their lesson? Stop finding ways not to give credit to unexpected teams beating juggernauts. If they did, it's because they are good and dangerous.

Just wait until the first goal is scored in the series, guaranteed some idiot (or multiple) is going to post:

“Series over”

In the GDT thread lmao

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
I've been saying the Panthers were just struggling with Sh% and sv% all year, kept telling people they were better than their record.

This is going to be a very even battle, much like the series vs Tampa. Could come down to goaltending and PK.

1682948763313.png

Those numbers are league wide ranks out of 32 ^^^

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
People in this thread seriously showing again they never watched the leafs series. No chance Panthers forecheck harder than Tampa did. Excuses they were cooked and some easy win are laughable, their power on the puck was insane and Leafs barely held on.

Meanwhile Panthers can forecheck heavy but that is also the Leafs game... We can cycle the Panthers out of the building if needed or play the run and gun game. U pick how you want to lose

• Haha
Reactions: MrSnrub

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
HFBoards in Boston vs Florida series thread: "The Cats have no chance at all. This is an easy series for the Bruins." ----> Florida beats the Bruins in 7.

The same day Florida defeats the strongest team in the league, HFBoards: "The Cats have no chance against Toronto. This is an easy walk in the park for the Leafs.

Me: o_O

Why is it that every year people don't learn their lesson? Stop finding ways not to give credit to unexpected teams beating juggernauts. If they did, it's because they are good and dangerous.

Yeah, Boston probably took Florida lightly but there is no chance in hell Toronto will do that after watching what they just did.

I think Toronto is the favorite but we've been favorites before and lost many times.

I am afraid of a Game 7 against a coach that hasn't lost one so the Leafs best chance is to finish it in 6.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I love the hubris being displayed by Leafs fans here. If there is a sport where you don't want to face a low seed that has been on a late-season tear and playing for its life for at least a month it is hockey. This is also not a traditional low seed, but a team with a core that recently won a President's trophy and struggled to adapt to a new coach for a bit before it found its legs. This Panthers team feels more like an LA-Kings-ish low seed than a team like the Kraken or the 2019 Blue Jackets.
You do realize that how the fans act on HF makes literally no difference on what happens on the ice right? I could say the Leafs are going to win the next 3 series without losing a game and it doesn’t matter lol

IceManCat

Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
I like how many people are quoting me, a Leafs fan, as if I don't know that playoff losses happen.

I am saying, the Panthers are objectively a MUCH worse team than the Bruins and not only that, do not come with the emotional baggage the Bruins would have.

Leafs have been the better team than the Panthers each time they faced, and they faced exclusively end of season when they were playing hot and had Lyon standing on his head.

You going to pretend the Panthers D wasn't swiss cheese and the bruins couldn't execute? Lyon weak glove hand and Bob kicking out rebounds to middle of the ice every time. How many odd man rushes the Panthers giving up trying to push hard?

Bergeron was badly hurt, Marchand has declined, Pasta choked, etc but the Leafs have in their prime stars who are going to eat their backend and goalie alive. Meanwhile, the Leafs have been a top defensive team all year and can handle the Panthers forecheck.

Not to mention Tkachuk is a playoff ghost the longer it goes on. Had a good series but was invisible in game 7. Barkov invisible the whole series. Leafs are the heavy favorites and just because Boston are a bunch of chokers doesn't mean the Leafs will be.

Thachuk was invisible in game 7? Dude did everything on the game winning goal in OT and also had a breakaway. Along with several shots on goal. Someone calling him a ghost when he just carried an 8 seed by himself is crazy.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
People in this thread seriously showing again they never watched the leafs series. No chance Panthers forecheck harder than Tampa did. Excuses they were cooked and some easy win are laughable, their power on the puck was insane and Leafs barely held on.

Meanwhile Panthers can forecheck heavy but that is also the Leafs game... We can cycle the Panthers out of the building if needed or play the run and gun game. U pick how you want to lose
Even John Cooper said he thought the Lightning played better this year in the playoffs than last year, where they went to the Cup Finals.

Lightning were very good in that series. The Cirelli Hagel line was basically unstoppable, and Raddysh/Perbix were much better than expected.

IceManCat

Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den

Panthers are number one in the NHL in winning board puck battles. You can make the argument they are the BEST forechecking team in the NHL.

Reactions: Panthers Propaganda

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I had the Leafs in 6 against the Lightning, but I thought the Lightning actually carried the play for a majority of the series. The difference was goaltending.

I'm going with the Panthers in 7 on this one. Could go either way, but my gut is telling me Florida.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I've been saying the Panthers were just struggling with Sh% and sv% all year, kept telling people they were better than their record.

This is going to be a very even battle, much like the series vs Tampa. Could come down to goaltending and PK.

View attachment 700921

Those numbers are league wide ranks out of 32 ^^^

Yeah doesn't matter. Leafs played the Panthers 3 times end of season when they were on their hot streak and playing their desperate and best hockey.

In those games Panthers had goaltending (Lyon) with:

.950 (Lyon)
.943 (Lyon)
.883 (Bob)

Despite having elite goaltending 2/3 games, the Leafs outscored them 13 - 9.

I am begging the Panthers to start a third string goalie against us. Otherwise Bob is the optimal goalie we could face in a series.

Panthers are number one in the NHL in winning board puck battles. You can make the argument they are the BEST forechecking team in the NHL.

Ok. Leafs are 2nd best team at defending their net and 5th best defensive team. Panthers are 12th last defensively. Our offenses are a wash. Leafs have also gotten a hell of a lot harder to play against along the boards adding a few heavy dmen and guys like Knies and Accari to their depth nevermind guys like Matthews and Tavares who make a lot of money along the boards and net.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Lol. You’ve never played Bennett and Tkachuk in an elimination series before.

Yeah, like they're somehow a special version of a pest that the Leafs have never seen before. Please. Your weak attempts at trolling are too obvious, try something else.

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin

Hilarious seeing Florida fans shit on Tampa after they got swept by them in the 2nd round last year.

IceManCat

Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Hilarious seeing Florida fans shit on Tampa after they got swept by them in the 2nd round last year.

Hilarious to think a totally different Tampa team is the same team as last year. Did you get stuck in a time machine or something? Back to the Future fantastic movie!!!

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
I didn't think I'd hate the Panthers so quickly after fawning over them all night, but this thread has really made that transition easy lol

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020

Yup. It's a narrative to discredit what Toronto accomplished. And when we beat the Panthers, in turn we will hear how lucky we got Boston choked and we were gifted a final 4 appearance.

Also I want to clarify, I am not shitting on the Panthers as a terrible hockey club. They played a good season, have good players and pieces and can play good hockey. I am sure they will beat us a game or 2 and carry play at times.

I am just confident when the tide goes out, Leafs will be easily the better team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad