ECSF: Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) ( Florida Leads 3-1 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkbomb

Jul 20, 2022
You do realize that how the fans act on HF makes literally no difference on what happens on the ice right? I could say the Leafs are going to win the next 3 series without losing a game and it doesn’t matter lol
I'm confused, where did I say fans were going to cause Toronto to lose?

Strangle

May 4, 2009
The Panthers have a very strong team and just eliminated the Boston Bruins. This should be a very competitive series. There is no way that Toronto is just going to walk all over them. The Panthers can easily win the series. I think the Toronto should win it, but there are no guarantees.

There are no easy series in the playoffs. Columbus and Montreal should have taught us leaf fans that a long time ago

Reactions: 34

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Hilarious to think a totally different Tampa team is the same team as last year. Did you get stuck in a time machine or something? Back to the Future fantastic movie!!!
A trash columbus team swept a juggernaut Tampa team. Youre not special.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Yup. It's a narrative to discredit what Toronto accomplished. And when we beat the Panthers, in turn we will hear how lucky we got Boston choked and we were gifted a final 4 appearance.

Also I want to clarify, I am not shitting on the Panthers as a terrible hockey club. They played a good season, have good players and pieces and can play good hockey. I am sure they will beat us a game or 2 and carry play at times.

I am just confident when the tide goes out, Leafs will be easily the better team.

Teams are only good until the leafs beat them, then they are a pushover.

Right now florida is the mighty team who dethroned the bruins. After this series they’ll be a chokers that won the presidents trophy and rolled over for tampa

IceManCat

#StanleyCupChampions2024🏆
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Yup. It's a narrative to discredit what Toronto accomplished. And when we beat the Panthers, in turn we will hear how lucky we got Boston choked and we were gifted a final 4 appearance.

Also I want to clarify, I am not shitting on the Panthers as a terrible hockey club. They played a good season, have good players and pieces and can play good hockey. I am sure they will beat us a game or 2 and carry play at times.

I am just confident when the tide goes out, Leafs will be easily the better team.

This sounds so similar to Boston a few weeks ago.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Good, I hope they continue their arrogance and write off the Panthers. It'll make their defeat all the more comical to watch. Never underestimate your opponent. Grade school lesson.

Panthers in 6
We're all laughed out from last night, unfortunately

IceManCat

#StanleyCupChampions2024🏆
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
A trash columbus team swept a juggernaut Tampa team. Youre not special.

pp,840x830-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

Hahahahaha

Reactions: teugen

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
The amount of people discrediting the team that just dominated the President's trophy winner 5-on-5 for an entire series is hilarious.

Leafs powerplay will be the difference maker. Cats are the better, more cohesive and better coached team than the Leafs but the Leafs have a better roster on paper.

If their powerplay executes well I see them beating Florida, but if the Panthers somehow figure out that dogshit PK they will win this series.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Yeah, like they're somehow a special version of a pest that the Leafs have never seen before. Please. Your weak attempts at trolling are too obvious, try something else.

It’s funny how someone has an opinion counter to the Leafs and it’s somehow always construed as trolling by the Leaf fanboys who cannot believe that there are actually other fans of other teams.

Bennett and Tkachuk are a special version of a pest that your boys haven’t seen before outside of perhaps Marchand and you haven’t handled him all that well, have you.

Florida is going to win. Go Cats!

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Yall beat the lightning, we beat the bruins. f*** both of them, rooting for the winner of this series to take it all

By game 3 we’ll hate each others stinking guts.
One thing we do know. You better have some new shocks on the Cats' bandwagon, because the rest of Canada, and probably the entire NHL, is about the jump on it.

Should be a fun series! #embracethehate

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
Like most series, suspect this one will come down to goaltending and bounces. Confident the Leafs can win it, but it's going 6 or 7 IMO, which narrows the margins, obviously. Both teams have a lot to prove - Toronto wants more than just one round win, and the Panthers have last year still stinging so I don't see either team having an emotional let down (and it'll be hard to with SBP rocking on Tuesday night). I do think the team most needing to take a step forward is Toronto. They earned their win against Tampa, they got goaltending, and didn't break in Games 3 and 4, but they'll need more consistency play to get through Round 2. I'm betting they find that gear. Should be fun. Hopefully everyone stays healthy.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
The amount of people discrediting the team that just dominated the President's trophy winner 5-on-5 for an entire series is hilarious.

Leafs powerplay will be the difference maker. Cats are the better, more cohesive and better coached team than the Leafs but the Leafs have a better roster on paper.

If their powerplay executes well I see them beating Florida, but if the Panthers somehow figure out that dogshit PK they will win this series.

Who? lol who is discrediting them?

Man, people are just starving fir underdog stories or other narratives around here, to the point where they will just make them up with posts like this. I literally posted how Florida's 5v5 stats were excellent all year, and a page before that, a Leaf fan was gushing about Florida's offence.

Last edited:

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Should just hand the cup to florida cause they beat boston just like how everyone was handing the cup to boston before the playoffs began.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
It’s funny how someone has an opinion counter to the Leafs and it’s somehow always construed as trolling by the Leaf fanboys who cannot believe that there are actually other fans of other teams.

Bennett and Tkachuk are a special version of a pest that your boys haven’t seen before outside of perhaps Marchand and you haven’t handled him all that well, have you.

Florida is going to win. Go Cats!

We seemed to handle Tkachuk without issue in the past...he's not some new rookie.

Hell ya, I would wear the puppy. 19 years is a long ass time!

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

You are fighting as hard as you can to find disrespect I get it lol you are allowed to think your team is going to win but so are we and thinking that isn’t disrespecting your team so maybe take a breath and calm down.

Not in an elimination series you haven’t.

Enjoy!
Lmao the brain rot is so deep we got an Oiler fan turned Tkatchuk fan. This is awesome.

Reactions: zoA

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
I've been saying the Panthers were just struggling with Sh% and sv% all year, kept telling people they were better than their record.

This is going to be a very even battle, much like the series vs Tampa. Could come down to goaltending and PK.

View attachment 700921

Those numbers are league wide ranks out of 32 ^^^

Florida problem never be offensivly... its defensivly (especially number of high scoring chance allowed) and goaltending

A lot of high scoring chance against + goalie struggle... rarely you 2ill have huge success in playoff

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Who? lol who is discrediting them?

Man, people are just starving fir underdog stories or other narratives around here, to hte point where they will just make them up with posts like this. I literally posted how Florida's 5v5 stats were excellent all year, and a page before that, a Leaf fan was gushing about Florida's offence.
The entire couple first pages is filled with "what a gift" and "Leafs in 5" lol give me a break.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020

How many times do we need to dispel the myth Toronto is a PP team? That is a team like the Oilers. Leafs have always been a good 5v5 team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad