ECSF: Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) ( Florida Leads 3-1 )

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
This probably comes down to Bob and Samsonov. Whoever outplays the other wins. This series much like NJ/NYR going in nothing would shock me from a sweep to a win in 7 by either

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
You Panthers fans really have no clue what you're about to see lmfao.

The Panthers can't touch a Leaf team playing with the 1st round monkey off their backs.
Actually I do respect Toronto quite a lot.

If the Leafs team underestimates the Panthers like most of their fanbase is doing, it will be a quick win for Florida. The Leafs have finally broken the 1st round curse, but the Panthers are playing a very gritty and playoff-tailored game right now, and will also have tons of energy from their massive upset win. I assure this will not be a walk in the park for Toronto.

Skate2Stick

Oct 12, 2013
Leafs definitely have this series. They already got over the first round curse, they are going all the way.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I mean I'm happy for Florida that they won and advanced and more than that I'm happy that Boston lost.

But people putting Florida on a pedestal are forgetting that they only clinched a playoff spot on the last (or before last) game of the season and only because the Penguins lost 2 games about bottom feeders.

I saw a few games of this series and I was very unimpressed with Boston.

Boston had a sickness going around their team. That makes sense as they didn't look anywhere close to the dominant team I saw all season.

MAB1

Jul 18, 2022

If the Leafs team underestimates the Panthers like most of their fanbase is doing, it will be a quick win for Florida. The Leafs have finally broken the 1st round curse, but the Panthers are playing a very gritty and playoff-tailored game right now, and will also have tons of energy from their massive upset win. I assure this will not be a walk in the park for Toronto.
There's no underestimation going on. The Leafs will hit Florida with the same energy they hit the team that swept Florida last year.

The Bruins underestimated the Panthers. The Leafs saw that. They won't make the same mistake. When they have the chance to end your season they'll do it.

Richardbro

Jul 22, 2009
Toronto
Leafs in 7. Leafs historically play really bad in Florida's arena. Leafs take the home games and lose the 3 away games.

ChiTownLeafer

From Toronto to Chicago
Dec 26, 2011
Chicago, IL

Both teams will be coming off emotional highs. Both teams better be ready to start skating from game 1. Florida has been playing great since almost Feb and is certainly battle hardened. Leafs would be foolish to take them lightly, and I'm sure Keefe and the veteran leadership in the room will ensure they don't take them lightly.

Reactions: Dread Clawz

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Everyone saying "Leafs easily" "Leafs in 4/5" have you already forgotten the series that literally just ended? It was supposed to be Boston easily and yet, here we are.

Don't count your goals before they're scored.

I agree but at the same time everyone is entitled to their opinions. If they're wrong they'll know about it 2 weeks from now.

Leafs in 6, should be a close series is my guess, wouldn't be shocked to see Florida win with how they've played.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Both teams will be coming off emotional highs. Both teams better be ready to start skating from game 1. Florida has been playing great since almost Feb and is certainly battle hardened. Leafs would be foolish to take them lightly, and I'm sure Keefe and the veteran leadership in the room will ensure they don't take them lightly.
I have no doubts they won't.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
If you watched the Bruins/Panthers series, you know Panthers are a legit threat. Looks like lots have fans haven't been watching.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Should be easy for Leafs. Leafs honestly are better in offense, defense, goaltending, and coaching.

I voted Leafs in 5. And honestly, even Carolina Hurricanes or whoever Leafs will face in eastern conference finals really isn't that amazing. And no one in the west is that great, either.

With the Bruins disappointing, I think that this is the year for Leafs.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
HFBoards in Boston vs Florida series thread: "The Cats have no chance at all. This is an easy series for the Bruins." ----> Florida beats the Bruins in 7.

The same day Florida defeats the strongest team in the league, HFBoards: "The Cats have no chance against Toronto. This is an easy walk in the park for the Leafs.

Me: o_O

Why is it that every year people don't learn their lesson? Stop finding ways not to give credit to unexpected teams beating juggernauts. If they did, it's because they are good and dangerous.
Agreed. People have been predicting the Leafs will get swept in the playoffs for years now. You'll get used to it.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
You Panthers fans really have no clue what you're about to see lmfao.

The Panthers can't touch a Leaf team playing with the 1st round monkey off their backs.
then y’all wonder why everyone enjoys toronto losing. Smh

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Panthers in 6. They just did what Toronto wasn't able to do; beat Boston. They'll be flying right from the opening whistle

Kind of a cringe comment - that's like saying we did what Florida wasn't able to do last year. We beat the team that swept them

Reactions: authentic

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
I love all the lectures about not being allowed to think the team you cheer for is better. It's very useful information to have, because as we all know, what a few fans think impacts the game and who will win.

From what I saw, Florida was good but Boston laid a huge egg as well. Teams start the diving when they know they don't have it going hockey wise.

Leafs in 6

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
There's no underestimation going on. The Leafs will hit Florida with the same energy they hit the team that swept Florida last year.

The Bruins underestimated the Panthers. The Leafs saw that. They won't make the same mistake. When they have the chance to end your season they'll do it.
The Bolts outplayed Toronto for most of the series. You're making it sound like they dominated Tampa. I would not be surprised at all to see Toronto win, but they better pick it up this round if they want to advance.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
How many people called this one? Wow

Should be a good series. Panthers won’t be an easy out
I.warned against it before the series started. The Presidents Trophy curse and all the energy, playing through injuries etc to set the regular season record.

They took their eyes off of the prize. Something suffering Leaf players will not do at this point.

Boston just looked sluggish to me. Not at all the same team.as.20 games into the season.

IceManCat

#StanleyCupChampions2024🏆
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
The Leafs better be ready to play physical. If not the Panthers are going to man handle them. They aren't going to be playing back and forth hockey, it'll be a slow dump and chase, physical, methodical series. Im not sure that the leafs have the personel for that type of series.

ChiTownLeafer

From Toronto to Chicago
Dec 26, 2011
Chicago, IL
The Bolts outplayed Toronto for most of the series. You're making it sound like they dominated Tampa. I would not be surprised at all to see Toronto win, but they better pick it up this round if they want to advance.
Leafs definitely need to pick up the intensity and forecheck but the leafs actually had way more high danger chances than the lightning. Contrary to popular belief, the leafs played good defense to limit the lightning's chances.

Reactions: authentic

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Leafs in 5
Panther just happy to win a series IMO and the Leafs are loose after getting the monkey off their back
Idk about that.

Don't forget they went 0-4 in the 2nd round against Tampa after being a top 3 regular season team, having their best season in franchise history and one of the best offensive seasons in 25+ years (something like that)

Of course, no denying the maple Leafs got the bigger monkey off their back with all the upsets they endured in recent years.

29Potvin

Jan 27, 2012
London Ontario
It will be a tight series. Both teams proved that they have what it takes. Leafs will need to win the special teams battle and keep it tight 5v5.
And I also wanted to thank the Panthers for the improved 1st round pick

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Ontario born Panthers players:

Carter Verhaeghe - ONT: Toronto
Brandon Montour - ONT: Brantford
Sam Bennett - ONT: Holland Landing
Aaron Ekblad - ONT: Windsor
Eric Staal - ONT: Thunder Bay
Nick Cousins - ONT: Belleville
Marc Staal - ONT: Thunder Bay
Zac Dalpe - ONT: Paris