ECSF: Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) ( Florida Leads 3-1 )

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I'm as impressed as anyone but...they impressed you? With what their ability to stay in games they had no business being in?
Not an easy series either way but no excuses if the Leafs don't win it. This series will be high octane and fun to watch
Did you not watch any of the games or something? They totally outplayed Boston tonight.

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
In typical Leafs fashion, they take down the best goalie and dynasty level Lightning to be swept by former Leafs Maurice and Verhaeghe.

Reactions: HolyCrap

The Murph

Feb 25, 2018
That wasn't just a choke job by Boston, Florida was a hard team to play against. Not the same defenseless team they usually are, they played as a full unit and made it very difficult to get pucks to the net.

Leaf's are definitely the favorites, but wow Florida obviously don't quit, and will fight you to the end.

Should be hell of a series. Doubt this one ends early.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Thank you Bruins for choking and gifting us the Panthers

Panthers are legit, I caught a couple games of their series and the game 7. These guys did not f***ing quit, even when the whistles were against them they battled hard, even when Montour took a costly penalty he kept competing hard. Barkov was all over the ice today, Tkachuk has been a monster.

I think the Panthers are a more favorable matchup, but "choke jobs" don't happen on their own, the Panthers competed hard.

HogTown06

Jul 20, 2012
Hammonds Plains
I mean I'm happy for Florida that they won and advanced and more than that I'm happy that Boston lost.

But people putting Florida on a pedestal are forgetting that they only clinched a playoff spot on the last (or before last) game of the season and only because the Penguins lost 2 games about bottom feeders.

I saw a few games of this series and I was very unimpressed with Boston.

LilySmoov

May 14, 2011
Everyone saying "Leafs easily" "Leafs in 4/5" have you already forgotten the series that literally just ended? It was supposed to be Boston easily and yet, here we are.

Don't count your goals before they're scored.

Reactions: Petrus and ECanuck

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Panthers are legit, I caught a couple games of their series and the game 7. These guys did not f***ing quit, even when the whistles were against them they battled hard, even when Montour took a costly penalty he kept competing hard. Barkov was all over the ice today, Tkachuk has been a monster.

I think the Panthers are a more favorable matchup, but "choke jobs" don't happen on their own, the Panthers competed hard.

Yes I know I watched every game. Panthers have some elite aspects but their goaltending is more than suspect and so is their D. Those are strengths for the Leafs. Offense is a wash.

This is the Leafs year.

Reactions: AvroArrow

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Panthers in 6. They just did what Toronto wasn't able to do; beat Boston. They'll be flying right from the opening whistle

ACLEVERNAME

HANDS
Jan 6, 2010
Tkachuk better wake up from his game 7 performance cause he's gonna have to be the difference maker if Florida stands any chance in this series. He has the ability to singlehandedly pull the Leafs away from their structure and turn the series into a free-for-all. Toronto is the better team but they are weak mentally and spiritually - easy to manipulate like clay as long as you have the strong hand to do it.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Going Florida in 7 again. They are dialed in and playing playoff hockey. Way better than their record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad