ECSF: Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) ( Florida Leads 3-1 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Can't help but wonder if it's Leaf haters just trolling
I predict Leafs in 6, just like I did last series.
I think TB was actually the best team in the east, after seeing all the teams play in the first round. Boston didn't impress me. Florida looks good, but I think the Leafs will take care of them in 6.
Will be mostly close games though. Will not be easy at all
Don't know how anyone could watch Tampa blowing lead after lead with self-inflicted errors and think they're the strongest team in the East. The only team out of Boston, Florida, Toronto, and Tampa that impressed me with their play Florida. Toronto is a strong team, but they're really going to have to pick it up and stop getting outplayed every game if they want to go on a run here.

Reactions: KingAlfie11

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
The Leafs aren't stupid to make the same mistake that Boston did and take them too lightly. The Leafs know this Florida team is legit.

Reactions: ECanuck

Leafs1993

Jan 25, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Reactions: Devonator

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I think a lot of people are forgetting - Tampa outplayed Toronto for the majority of the series (games 1, 3-6). Leafs caught some breaks and got favourable officiating.

Florida is going to make you earn it. Guys like Marner and Nylander can’t float around this series.

I mean, Marner was 2nd in playoff scoring to start the day, Nylander tied for 20th. I think they've showed up so far.

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
They're as hungry as ever like us also. They went to the 2nd round once last season and got thoroughly dominated against Tampa in 5 games. May just come down to who wants it more.
We can't say that about Toronto because the least time they reach the 2nd round is 19 years ago!! Lol

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Leafs obviously the favorite here, but I think Florida is highly underrated (although that might change with how they knocked off Boston). They play a very cohesive game, everybody is on the same page, and that's the most dangerous thing in the playoffs. This will be a very tough series for both teams, but I think the Leafs ultimately take it in 6 or 7.
I hope the Leafs players underestimate the Panthers like everyone here keeps doing. It will be a short ride to the conference finals then.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Funny, I haven't made up my mind yet about this series, yet I'm already picking Dallas next round no matter who their opponent is.

No doubt this will be a wide open and fun series though.

Last edited:

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Leafs in 6 I think it will play out similarly to the TB series...split home then Leafs win a couple in Sunrise and then Florida starts to get tired because this series will be A LOT faster than what they had with the Bruins... Florida has been playing playoff hockey since about January...it catches up with everyone but at no point will this be easy for the Leafs...if they don't show up Florida has a team that can embarass them badly

Reactions: authentic

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
The Panther have no pressure, they're playing with house money, because Toronto is the favorite to win the cup now

MAB1

Jul 18, 2022
Just like the Leafs were in the basement from 2006-07 until 2015-16? Or did you forget? Lol
And even at their lowest they were far more popular than the Sens playoff teams of those times. You cheer for the team everyone forgets in Canada.

What's Ottawa's record against Toronto in the playoffs?

Your fanbase is comprised of broke Leafs/Habs fans

Reactions: torontoblood

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Don't know how anyone could watch Tampa blowing lead after lead with self-inflicted errors and think they're the strongest team in the East. The only team out of Boston, Florida, Toronto, and Tampa that impressed me with their play Florida. Toronto is a strong team, but they're really going to have to pick it up and stop getting outplayed every game if they want to go on a run here.
I'm as impressed as anyone but...they impressed you? With what their ability to stay in games they had no business being in?
Not an easy series either way but no excuses if the Leafs don't win it. This series will be high octane and fun to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad