ECSF: Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) ( Florida Leads 3-1 )

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Panthers in 4, the cup hangover will be too much for the Leafs.

You could tell from their interviews they were all talking as if they won the cup, they weren’t saying this is just 1 round and we have a long way to go, they were saying how proud they are of themselves for winning and how big of a deal this is. Losers to the core.

SheldonJPlankton

Sponsor
Oct 30, 2006
55 years since the Leafs last made the SC finals vs 26 years since the Panthers last visited the show.

Florida in 6.

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
I think a lot of people are forgetting - Tampa outplayed Toronto for the majority of the series (games 1, 3-6). Leafs caught some breaks and got favourable officiating.

Florida is going to make you earn it. Guys like Marner and Nylander can’t float around this series.

zoA

Mar 23, 2010
How are people counting the panthers out of this already… they just beat Boston. Looking forward to a solid series Florida fans!

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Leafs have $20 million in cap space this summer when both come up for extensions. They'll be good.

Good luck thinking the Habs only have 1 more year of being bad left to go lmao. You'll be lucky if the Habs are cup contenders by the end of this decade. Don't believe me? Just watch frenchy.

No 1C
No 1D
No 1G
Nylander is getting paid. He gone. Matthews......he's pulling a reverse pajama boy and heading home to the desert. You will be left with Pajama Boy and the Sherminator from the Big 4.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I think a lot of people are forgetting - Tampa outplayed Toronto for the majority of the series (games 1, 3-6). Leafs caught some breaks and got favourable officiating.

Florida is going to make you earn it. Guys like Marner and Nylander can’t float around this series.

They didn't float last series

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

KingAlfie11

Nov 3, 2021
I think the Leafs clean up the Panthers in 5 or less. The Panthers did the Leafs a solid taking out the Bruins. Leafs have a clear path to the finals imo
Why would the Leafs beat the Panthers in 5 after Florida just beat the best team in the NHL, you're not giving the Panthers enough credit here, Toronto at not that good

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

General Disarray

Jul 21, 2016
Toronto
I actually prefer Bruins. Florida might have some Cinderella destiny momentum going on right now. Still the Leafs are a far better team. Leafs in 5.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I don’t see why people see Leafs winning as easily either

I think game 1 is a huge point. Florida is coming in with confidence, if we can win that game we can ruin some of that confidence, otherwise it just goes on and fuels that.
Florida was way out of a playoff spot this year and climbed back in, then they climbed back from being down 3-1 against Boston, they climbed back to tie the Game 7 to force the OT. I hardly see Game 1 sealing the deal for either team.

Reactions: ProjectPanthers

HellebuyckOurSaviour

Apr 8, 2014
Winnipeg
Leafs in 4, as much as I would have loved to see these 2 teams (Leafs vs Bruins) battle it out to the death (probably including the fans at either arena haha) I just don't think Florida can withstand all the fire power the Leafs are gonna throw at them.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Careful what you wish for. This panthers team is no joke.

They're as hungry as ever like us also. They went to the 2nd round once last season and got thoroughly dominated against Tampa in 5 games. May just come down to who wants it more.

Reactions: bert

MAB1

Jul 18, 2022
Panthers in 4, the cup hangover will be too much for the Leafs.

You could tell from their interviews they were all talking as if they won the cup, they weren’t saying this is just 1 round and we have a long way to go, they were saying how proud they are of themselves for winning and how big of a deal this is. Losers to the core.
The irony of YOU saying this is hilarious

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
hard one to pick... was Boston that bad or were the Panther that good? probably somewhere in the middle. I think the Panthers will test the Leafs D and goaltending more than the lightning did. On the other hand the Leafs could explode offensively vs the Panthers.

I think it will be a high octane, high scoring series. Going to go with panthers in 6 because they eliminated freaking Boston and Bob looks like he has found his clutch side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium