ECSF: Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) ( Florida Leads 3-1 )

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
No team in the 2nd round is a joke. But going into the playoffs, the concern was could we beat Tampa and then the Bruins. And now the answer is, we got through it. Panthers are a team we should beat
Beating the best team in history will do wonders for the confidence in that room. Just as the Leafs finally getting out of the first round

I’d anticipate a long series

Just shocked this is how it played out

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I hate this.

I want the Leafs to lose because it's the Leafs and it's in my blood to hate them.

I want Florida to lose so we get a better pick.

Heart versus brain.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Gonna be a close one, a lot closer than people think. Should be 6 or 7 games. Florida plays with a lot of energy, and has one of the deepest forward cores in the league. Florida has a whole lot of momentum after that one.

Leafs can't take them lightly, and need to put out a consistent effort.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
It will be damn impressive if Florida pulls off another upset. If they manage to win this one, they are this years cinderella.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
Lol leafs can't win a series in 20 years now they're going to apparently steam roll a very motivated Florida team in 5 games max.

Lol leafs can't win a series in 20 years now they're going to apparently steam roll a very motivated Florida team in 5 games max.
They were already going to be freed up with the monkey off the back and now just dodged a team they have demons against. I think they match-up great against the Panthers. Hell, I think they match-up great against any of the Metro teams. This is their chance.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Curious to understand the logic of people thinking the Leafs will steamroll here. I'm pretty sure everyone thought Boston, a team that's supposed to be much better than Toronto, was going to do that too, and look how that turned out.

Florida can absolutely make a series of this. Toronto should win, but should means nothing in the playoffs.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Tkachuk is about to annoy the f*** out of Leafs fans. Don't sleep on this Panthers team. Ive been saying it since they clinched the playoffs. They have been playing playoff hockey since January.

Leafs lose and I will be happy.

Panthers lose and we get 17th.

win/win for this upcoming series!

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
HFBoards in Boston vs Florida series thread: "The Cats have no chance at all. This is an easy series for the Bruins." ----> Florida beats the Bruins in 7.

The same day Florida defeats the strongest team in the league, HFBoards: "The Cats have no chance against Toronto. This is an easy walk in the park for the Leafs.

Me: o_O

Why is it that every year people don't learn their lesson? Stop finding ways not to give credit to unexpected teams beating juggernauts. If they did, it's because they are good and dangerous.

MAB1

Jul 18, 2022
Tkachuk is about to annoy the f*** out of Leafs fans. Don't sleep on this Panthers team. Ive been saying it since they clinched the playoffs. They have been playing playoff hockey since January.

Leafs lose and I will be happy.

Panthers lose and we get 17th.

win/win for this upcoming series!
Either way the Habs will continue to be in the basement of the NHL for years to come!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad