ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Score08

Apr 6, 2017
Average is what the bruins are my friend.

Speaking of average, if the leafs had average goal-tending and game 1 than this convo is much different.

Better hope domi stays in the box and the goalies remain trash or that high horse isn't going to seem so high.
How many teams bounce back like bruins have done after losing 2 franchise players in the same offseason?
I’ll accept this kind of average all day long & twice on Sunday while making the PO & 100+ pt season during a rebuild. It will be further embarrassing for the leafs if this average-rebuilding bruins team bounces them yet again.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
So nylander is skating but can't play? In 2015 Trouba played with a broken wrist for the jets. Mcdonaugh did as well on a rangers playoff run. Whatever nylander has must be pretty f***ing serious but then you see him skating. Very strange.

Huge pressure on the leafs tonight not just to win, but to look like they should look.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
As mentioned previously:

His first three seasons: 10 goals in 20 games.

Since then: 12 goals in 31 games.

So his best production was in his supposedly poorer first three seasons...

Always check the facts before making a (bad) argument...

I said production, not goals. How many years has Matthews produced at a PPG or better rate?

If we’re only using goals then he’s better than Kucherov in the playoffs in goals per game. You wouldn’t want to do that would you?

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Pressure is all on the Leafs tonight. A loss tonight and I don’t see them realistically winning 4 of the next 5 with their goaltending and D.
Probably the biggest game 2 of any of the series.

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
So nylander is skating but can't play? In 2015 Trouba played with a broken wrist for the jets. Mcdonaugh did as well on a rangers playoff run. Whatever nylander has must be pretty f***ing serious but then you see him skating. Very strange.

Huge pressure on the leafs tonight not just to win, but to look like they should look.

It has too be a pretty significant groin or core injury. Or something along those lines.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Not sure if spicy is the word I would use for this particular take..

Thing is in Maroon you have someone who only knows how to win. In Marner you have someone that only knows how to lose.

I'll take the huge strong winner in a position of leadership every time there. I think you know what I mean too...

Based on the Toronto board, nobody is SUPER pumped to give Marner 8x12

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Exactly. Boston brought in useful players. Finding playable secondary talent is a key part of winning. Toronto, otoh, got Ryan Reaves, in order to present as "tough." It's just dumb.

And it's the same way NYR has done things throughout the Sather era - it's like they think "you have your good players over here and your tough players over there ... so it's OK if the tough guys don't play well." (They've moved away from this over the last year, to some extent, which has been refreshing.)
Yeah, Reaves was an overreaction to the Bruins signing Lucic I think.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
It has too be a pretty significant groin or core injury. Or something along those lines.
If that's the case then he wouldn't be skating. It's not a good look that he is skating but not playing. Even if he is at 50%.

This is a must win for the Leafs to have any real shot at moving on

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Sometimes the sum of the parts is greater that's kinda what I meant with the comparison....

This isn't a team you want to chase the game against I just don't see the Leafs winning in Boston unless they get up multiple goals early....

Samsonov in net again doesn't help that. I mean my Canes scored two goals with a 6 on 5 advantage and an empty net agaist them I wouldn't be confident in the Leafs winning unless they had a 4 goal advantage.
For sure - but also Boston needs everyone clicking or it all falls apart. They can't afford any passengers.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Haha, I wouldn't blame you, but smart money isn't on that happening. He's just my favorite player out of two teams I don't really care for.

I'm not one of the crap on the Leafs fans constantly kind of guy really. I feel for the fans. I'm a Yankees fan and stars on a team that ends in disappointment is something I can relate to.

The Leafs have become a Bolts rivalry of sorts of the recent years, maybe started when they stole the Leafs look, so there's that. But as a New Yorker I can't root for a Boston team.

so your a toronto fan for this series? add him to the list boys!

At least the Yankees have won multiple championships this century. The cubs would be a better comparison.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
so your a toronto fan for this series? add him to the list boys!

At least the Yankees have won multiple championships this century. The cubs would be a better comparison.

Haha yeah I'll be on the list.

And yeah that's true. I was honestly shocked when I found out how long it had been for the Leafs. I remember the great goalies they had for years, Potvin, Cujo,, Belfour, and just figured they had to win with one of those guys. But maybe that's relying on goalies too much, which as a goalie, I'm biased.

Score08

Apr 6, 2017
Thing is in Maroon you have someone who only knows how to win. In Marner you have someone that only knows how to lose.

I'll take the huge strong winner in a position of leadership every time there. I think you know what I mean too...

Based on the Toronto board, nobody is SUPER pumped to give Marner 8x12
He’s a big hairy winning machine , wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I'm standing on the ledge. My sanity is becoming ever so frayed. My eyes are bloodshot as I struggle to recognize what is or isn't reality. What even is reality? Am I real? Are you? Is Boston good?

How did it come to this.
1683AE96-BD83-4958-880F-2D416844D721.gif

Nothingbutglass

Sep 28, 2017
If that's the case then he wouldn't be skating. It's not a good look that he is skating but not playing. Even if he is at 50%.

This is a must win for the Leafs to have any real shot at moving on
Must be his back. I dont think you wake up with a core injury. Skating might be trying to loosen it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad