ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
When you win 3 rockets, a Hart, a Lindsay and score 69 goals, you get "a long leash"

You just like to shit on the Leafs every chance you get, even when it's not valid.
While Matthews didnt exactly light it up last game , comparing Marner and Matthews game is way off base.

Reactions: AvroArrow

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
Normally I'd agree, but he very often has games in the playoffs where he has chances and doesn't score. He's on 6 game goalless streak in the post-season

We need him to score at a rate commensurate with being a generational goal scorer or close to it in order to have success. He has the ability to do it and I think he eventually does, but the time has to come quickly

I have no hope for Mitch
I get what you're saying.

But lumping last yrs playoffs with this is silly. It's been 1 game. He could have had 2 on Saturday. He's simply not the problem, as bad as the trolls here want him to be (not calling you a troll). He's easily the best player, for either team, in this series.

Reactions: AvroArrow

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Paging big 3 or 4???? Time to score boys.

Really excited for the double header..oilers after this.

I don't think this will be near a sweep. Leafs are good. They just need the big boys to bury a few and get rolling.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Leaf fans need to slow their roll with statements like this....we are not superior to anyone until proven.
I'm not saying we're better than Boston as a team, but the forward depth on our club is better. When healthy we can run the following lineup:

Bertuzzi - Matthews - Domi
McMann - JT - Marner
Knies - Holmberg - Nylander
Dewar - Kampf - Jarnkrok

This is with Robertson, a player pacing for ~20 goals sitting on the bench. The team is built for offense and is top 3 in the league for it

I get what you're saying.

But lumping last yrs playoffs with this is silly. It's been 1 game. He could have had 2 on Saturday. He's simply not the problem, as bad as the trolls here want him to be (not calling you a troll). He's easily the best player, for either team, in this series.
That's fair, I don't think he is the fundamental problem. Marner is definitely more concerning and I don't think he figures it out

But Matthews not scoring is a problem, and one we need fixed soon.

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
I'm not saying we're better than Boston as a team, but the forward depth on our club is better. When healthy we can run the following lineup:

McMann - JT - Marner
Dewar - Kampf - Jarnkrok

This is with Robertson, a player pacing for ~20 goals sitting on the bench. The team is built for offense and is top 3 in the league for it

That's fair, I don't think he is the fundamental problem. Marner is definitely more concerning and I don't think he figures it out

If hes at 0-2 goals by series end, we've got a problem and i agree. If hes at 4+, i don't see an issue. Seems odd to be debating with a small sample size but here we are.

myleafs

May 25, 2021

McMann - JT - Marner
Dewar - Kampf - Jarnkrok

But you said the leafs are superior to the bruins on paper....last I looked paper doesnt hit, shoot, make saves, take a hit or play a collective team game. I dont care what the stats or numbers say anymore. May as well pull out the expected goals/win chart and we can all fawn over how good we are cause look the paper says so. Bruins play a team game and all look to be on the same page, cant say the same for leafs for about 7 years now. I like some of the guys brought in and their attitude but our top guys dont play with that same edge and never have.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024

McMann - JT - Marner
Dewar - Kampf - Jarnkrok

The issue is, how many of those are good playoff hockey players? 4 maybe?

Pebble live

Oct 17, 2021
Leaf fans need to slow their roll with statements like this....we are not superior to anyone until proven.
I had this same thought today. I've seen so many leaf fans try to say this leafs team is better on paper than this bruins team. That is classic Toronto. Players are over valued and over hyped.

I'm a leafs fan btw.

Reactions: dukeofjive

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
and ryan reaves has as many points as david pastrnak. useless stats are useless after 1 game

lets see the stats after todays game

Meh, you could say that, but that kind of scoring power and payroll not getting a point, but Maroon getting one is pretty damn good.

1st game of the playoffs is a good time to show up and start.

Here's to hoping Patty has more points than them the rest of the way.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
His best playoff in terms of shooting percentage was his rookie season (25.0%) and his second beat was his 3rd season (15.6%).

It's almost always to check the faxts before making an argument.

What about his best playoffs in terms of production?

No one cares about shooting percentage but you.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
What about his best playoffs in terms of production?

No one cares about shooting percentage but you.
Tells you a lot about a poster, when a Habs fan is "cheering for Boston" (aka Toronto to lose)

There's 4 or 5 of these guys that show up in all Leaf related threads regularly, regardless of what's happening, just to throw shade. Must be rough times in Montreal when they become Bruins fans.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Maybe it's team culture, I don't know ... my suspicion is the Bruins organization is just better at producing winning hockey players - scouting, drafting, coaching, teaching young players what's important, working on necessary skills, recognizing what they can bring to the table, having a good system, etc. That could be called team culture, I guess.

The Toronto organization strikes me as more like my Rangers ... a little behind the 8-ball in those areas. Here that has been offset by the fact that two great players - Panarin & Fox - want to be here, and picked us. I don't know if Toronto has that advantage.
I can see that. If anything, their success this year has been identifying cheap talent to bring on board and fill in holes (Peeke and Maroon at the deadline, Bovqist, Heinen, Geekie, Shatenkirk, Wotherspoon in the off season). But again, it's really the team culture and approach that helps the new additions fit in as pieces to the puzzle.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

McMann - JT - Marner
Dewar - Kampf - Jarnkrok

The Leafs forwards are impressive on paper, I agree there. The problem I see time and time again is the Leafs get lost in coverage in their own zone and the core 4 are too often contained in key situations.

Reactions: Ladyfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad