ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Tells you a lot about a poster, when a Habs fan is "cheering for Boston" (aka Toronto to lose)

There's 4 or 5 of these guys that show up in all Leaf related threads regularly, regardless of what's happening, just to throw shade. Must be rough times in Montreal when they become Bruins fans.

In fairness, 90% of Canada outside of Ontario is cheering for Boston :laugh:

And ALL of Ottawa is :)

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Kampf has more goals than Pasta and Marchand combined. Let's see if he can continue the hot streak :D
At the end of the day the issue was the bruins had 5 times as many goals as the leafs, thats what matters on game day. In the series its who gets to 4 wins first. The goals scored last game don't help this game..

IronCladCane

Apr 15, 2024
When healthy the Leafs forward depth is superior to Boston's

We're missing a top-line forward and a middle 6 winger right now though, so it does swing in Boston's favour imo
I'd agree actually but I'm going off whose playing, the way to beat this Boston team Is to score first and make them chase the game, they have the goalie advantage and defensive advantage, with Samsonov in net and no Marner I just don't see it happening tonight.... I do expect the Leafs to get back in the series at home if Nylander comes back in game 3...

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Its odd to say this so early in this series but you have to think this 2nd game is a must win for the Leafs or this is over.......

IronCladCane

Apr 15, 2024
Agree with the team defense - not so sure about the depth as they're flush with castaways.
Sometimes the sum of the parts is greater that's kinda what I meant with the comparison....

This isn't a team you want to chase the game against I just don't see the Leafs winning in Boston unless they get up multiple goals early....

Samsonov in net again doesn't help that. I mean my Canes scored two goals with a 6 on 5 advantage and an empty net agaist them I wouldn't be confident in the Leafs winning unless they had a 4 goal advantage.

Reactions: Over the volcano

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Woah 6 or 7 ? You mean there's more hockey games to be played ? I was told this series is over ? When is the next game ??

No, their series was over in 0 games, didn't you know Boston won the Stanley cup after winning game 1 of the first round. Just cancel the playoffs, plan the parade!

You gotta separate the anti-Leafs trolls from Boston fans in your head here. I don’t see any Bruins fans saying “lol, season over!”

Reactions: AvroArrow

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
I can see that. If anything, their success this year has been identifying cheap talent to bring on board and fill in holes (Peeke and Maroon at the deadline, Bovqist, Heinen, Geekie, Shatenkirk, Wotherspoon in the off season). But again, it's really the team culture and approach that helps the new additions fit in as pieces to the puzzle.
Exactly. Boston brought in useful players. Finding playable secondary talent is a key part of winning. Toronto, otoh, got Ryan Reaves, in order to present as "tough." It's just dumb.

And it's the same way NYR has done things throughout the Sather era - it's like they think "you have your good players over here and your tough players over there ... so it's OK if the tough guys don't play well." (They've moved away from this over the last year, to some extent, which has been refreshing.)

Reactions: Over the volcano

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Meh, you could say that, but that kind of scoring power and payroll not getting a point, but Maroon getting one is pretty damn good.

1st game of the playoffs is a good time to show up and start.

Here's to hoping Patty has more points than them the rest of the way.

If that happens im going to retire from being a leafs fan

Reactions: AvroArrow

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
What about his best playoffs in terms of production?

No one cares about shooting percentage but you.
As mentioned previously:

His first three seasons: 10 goals in 20 games.

Since then: 12 goals in 31 games.

So his best production was in his supposedly poorer first three seasons...

Always check the facts before making a (bad) argument...

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Tells you a lot about a poster, when a Habs fan is "cheering for Boston" (aka Toronto to lose)

There's 4 or 5 of these guys that show up in all Leaf related threads regularly, regardless of what's happening, just to throw shade. Must be rough times in Montreal when they become Bruins fans.
Bruins fan ?

Didn't I mention it was like choosing between the frying pan and the fire (or, for the more classically inclined, between Scylla and Charybdis) ?

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Pretty pathetic that Nylander is sitting out. Guy just gave up? This is playoffs, you play unless you're dead.

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB

If that happens im going to retire from being a leafs fan

Haha, I wouldn't blame you, but smart money isn't on that happening. He's just my favorite player out of two teams I don't really care for.

I'm not one of the crap on the Leafs fans constantly kind of guy really. I feel for the fans. I'm a Yankees fan and stars on a team that ends in disappointment is something I can relate to.

The Leafs have become a Bolts rivalry of sorts of the recent years, maybe started when they stole the Leafs look, so there's that. But as a New Yorker I can't root for a Boston team.

Reactions: tom leafers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad