Post-Game Talk: ECQF 3 (Flyers lead series 2-1): FLYERS 1 vs. Canadiens 0, Sunday, Aug. 16, 2020

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

win88ice2004

Jan 3, 2019
Come on now, they weren’t remotely as bad as Game 2. Let’s get real here, we were better in every single facet tonight... except the PP.

Hahaha fair, but still wish they would play like they can.

Still looked slow, still looked disinterested, and still looked nothing like the team they can play. if that is any other team in the East besides Montreal they loose.

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Missed the early part of the first going out to a patio.

Girl asked me half way through the 2nd period why I enjoy watching hockey.

It’s a win which is nice, but I didn’t really have an answer. That was like being water boarded at times.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
FRENCH HAKSTOL
44db581fc7fe90b15f1a64d1ab4dc932.png
He isn't Hakstol. Your French Hakstol is actually Therien

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
To be fair he did have a really strong bounce back season but he’s picking the worst time to revert back to what was once feared.

I won't deny his regular season impact (unless you try telling me Provorov only ayed this good because of him, because,well, he played as good, if not better, with Ghost, but i digress).

But the problem that I, and many, had with this deal was his ability to bounce back and go the distance. We inherited risk in taking on a 30+ defender coming off a bad year.

Maybe, and hopefully, this is just a bad series for him. But if he's cooked after 70 games (including a 3 month vacation), its gonna be a long year next year.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I wonder if the team ever stopped to think about the fact that they added a 4th line center from one of the worst teams in the league and inserted him in as a 3C on a Cup contending squad and if that made any sense.

It never made a lick of f***ing sense.

Reactions: StarterHart

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
He isn't Hakstol. Your French Hakstol is actually Therien
He sure seems to be a damn near clone. So much of this game gave me flashbacks to our last 2 playoff series.

Plus, everything Therrien does is AVs responsibility. Same as Hextall deserved blame for Hakstols continued incompetence. Which reminds me, fletcher can f*** off too. :laugh:

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I wonder if the team ever stopped to think about the fact that they added a 4th line center from one of the worst teams in the league and inserted him in as a 3C on a Cup contending squad and if that made any sense.

Funny how that works out. We gave them a draft pick AND the ability to absolutely trash him every time he's on the ice against them.

Now, none of us could have foreseen us aging against MTL in the playoffs, but this like paying to bend over, then paying extra for no lube.

Last edited:

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Actual quote from Regis:

This a new line for St. Louis; they've been out there together a few times this game

Dude....

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
He sure seems to be a damn near clone. So much of this game gave me flashbacks to our last 2 playoff series.

Plus, everything Therrien does is AVs responsibility. Same as Hextall deserved blame for Hakstols continued incompetence. Which reminds me, fletcher can f*** off too. :laugh:
This team doesn't even sneeze at their success this year with Hakstol at the helm. AV at least preaches actual winning hockey

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Think about it like this: we gave them a draft pick to their 4C.

Im not sure if anyone mentioned but him being out there with about 2 minutes left was alarming.

They clearly trust him, and that was a decision that could have f***ed then tonight.

It’s a win, but this is not the kind of hockey anyone enjoys seeing. Don’t think it’s a sustainable strategy for success.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
The fact that AV has kept Niskanen and Braun in, scapegoated Ghost, and then praised Hagg is the only proof I'll ever need to endlessly shit on this guy.

It just proves he doesn't care at all about quality of play and just fetishizes bad players and old guys. He's a coward, just like Hakstol.

If he keeps this up and our top line, "2nd" pair, and Hart don't continue to carry the team with superhuman performances all by themselves, we're done. We have zero depth thanks to him and our PP has been completely ruined.

You need to be less emotional :sarcasm:

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Laughton killed that line tonight. I thought Hayes & TK were trying to get it going.

ya i thought hayes had more effort in this one. Tk just can't do anything 5 on 5. Such a bad utilization of his. We need to get couts and tk free so they can start dominating. Pitlick, nak, and raffl are all seeing awful numbers being with grant/thompson.

g-couts-tk
jvr/farabee-hayes-pitlick/nak
jvr/farabee-laughton-voracek
raffl-grant-pitlick/nak

this is the only setup that will work. That top line needs to be seperate. The only reason that g-couts-voracek was able to stay together was that other lines were producing (the hayes line). We are finally seeing that line being useless and they are refusing to change it up. Farabee and jvr need other guys that they can play with, laughton/grant need to play to their level, and we desperately need lindblom. We might not need lindblom for this series, but we need him for the next one to spread the line out more in a 7 games series against a team like the isles, lightning, or bruins/canes.

OUTSHOT ON A GAME WHERE WE HAD 6 POWERPLAYS TO 3 FOR THEM AND WE STILL HAVE A LOW POSSESSION STATISTIC.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Also I've never seen such a below average player get so much national praise. Jk I do everytime I watch a local broadcast of a Flyers game.

Chiarot:

34.78 CF%
-31.29 CF% rel

11.22 xGF%
-51.25 xGF% rel

he actually has been amazing for montreal. Give them credit, especially price, chiarot, KK, and suziki. Suzuki and KK have been amazing.

Reactions: BernieParent

StarterHart

Waffle
Feb 2, 2018
Arlington, WA

Think about it like this: we gave them a draft pick to upgrade their 4C.

What are you guys talking about? He's now a valued member of our amazing PP unit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad