Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (2-0) Toronto Maple Leafs. Well. We can Win at Home. We Have to.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafsLegendAkiBerg

The original great 8
Oct 12, 2006
The problem with the Kadri hit was not about if it was legal or illegal, it's about whether it was smart or stupid. Marner gets elbowed, Kadri hits Wingels. Does that prevent Marner from getting elbowed again? Does the ref suddenly go "wow, the Kadri hit was awesome, I should start calling those elbowing penalties!"?

There is a moment (if you watch the video) where Kadri had a choice. Wingels is reaching for the puck with one arm and Kadri is approaching. That puck was loose and Kadri could have easily grabbed the loose puck to keep possession in the Bruins zone. In fact, two Bruins were down after sandwiching Marner (one of which was Chara), so grabbing the loose puck could have resulted in a great scoring chance with Chara out of position. But what did Kadri choose?

Kadri could've also retaliated later with a clean hit or an accidentally-on-purpose elbow in a corner battle or something. When Kadri made that charge immediately after Marner got nailed it's pretty much a guaranteed penalty.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Kadri could've also retaliated later with a clean hit or an accidentally-on-purpose elbow in a corner battle or something. When Kadri made that charge immediately after Marner got nailed it's pretty much a guaranteed penalty.
I'm not trying to defend what Kadri did however didn't some other people on here complain the Leafs never stood up for Andersen each time he got in the head. So in Kadri's mind he thought he was sticking up for Marner based on what he saw in the heat of the moment.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
lol.

This will be the first game of Matthews career he plays without Hyman on his wing.

But he gets LEO instead.

Johnsson better get moved to that top line right quick.

Reactions: dsred and Schooner

LeafsLegendAkiBerg

The original great 8
Oct 12, 2006
I'm not trying to defend what Kadri did however didn't some other people on here complain the Leafs never stood up for Andersen each time he got in the head. So in Kadri's mind he thought he was sticking up for Marner based on what he saw in the heat of the moment.

Well those plays tend to result in offsetting roughing minors especially when they're after the whistle. If someone hit Andersen I wouldn't want them charging at a guy and going for a head shot because that's a good way to get a major penalty/suspension. Hell, if Kadri just skated over to roughWingels up a bit the worst case scenario is a two minute penalty and no suspension.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
I'm guessing the theory behind leo on the top line is to protect them from bad hits or something.

Btw I have a feeling the suspension will be more than a game.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
lol.

This will be the first game of Matthews career he plays without Hyman on his wing.

But he gets LEO instead.

We need a change in coaching. Can Lou come down and teach Babcock a thing or two?

Komarov gets promoted for doing what exactly?

Reactions: dsred

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Well those plays tend to result in offsetting roughing minors especially when they're after the whistle. If someone hit Andersen I wouldn't want them charging at a guy and going for a head shot because that's a good way to get a major penalty/suspension. Hell, if Kadri just skated over to roughWingels up a bit the worst case scenario is a two minute penalty and no suspension.
Yet last night when Marleau got called for hooking when it was still a 1-1 game, we saw Rick Nash take Gardiner down onto the ice and he could have easily been given a penalty and they would play 4v4. However that never happened.

LeafsLegendAkiBerg

The original great 8
Oct 12, 2006
lol.

But he gets LEO instead.

:laugh: Such a Babcock move. The last time Hyman was moved off of Matthews wing (mid game) he was replaced with Martin. Hopefully Babcock will try Johnsson or Kapanen there when he realizes Komarov is an offensive black hole but let's be honest, Hyman is going right back there when this experiment fails.

LeafsLegendAkiBerg

The original great 8
Oct 12, 2006
Yet last night when Marleau got called for hooking when it was still a 1-1 game, we saw Rick Nash take Gardiner down onto the ice and he could have easily been given a penalty and they would play 4v4. However that never happened.

Okay, what does that have to do with anything I just said lol

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
the tweeeters are saying that Hyman is the one actually at C on the line rushes, not Marleau.

(I actually think this is an interesting/good idea - I've often thought zach might make a good checking center).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad