Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (2-0) Toronto Maple Leafs. Well. We can Win at Home. We Have to.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Albert Iafrate

Feb 29, 2008
I think for Matthews, i wonder if he's protecting the shoulder a bit (and I think for him, with his size, he'll become that type of player he'll get hit and the player will bounce off him). Last year Matthews hit when he got hit etc. I am expecting a big game from him on Saturday. he can be (and i believe will be) much better.

Ditto for Will.

I really hope so. I wasn't surprised at all that Hyman was the only guy with success last night. He's so dogged with the forecheck, he doesn't get caught up in whether or not he is being illegally checked, he just drives and drives and drives. I hope Johnsson gets in the line-up, because he plays just like Hyman. So does Marner. We need those guys to step up too. Kadri might end up being our Achilles heel in this series now that I think about it.

Reactions: Daisy Jane

LeafsLegendAkiBerg

The original great 8
Oct 12, 2006

Watch that clip at 1:08 and tell me that is a “disgusting and horrible hit” that everyone is saying

You're moving the goalposts. A second ago you were telling me that Kadri never even made contact with Wingels. What exactly is pushing Wingels towards the boards in that clip?

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
He never returned and he might not play next game. Are you suggesting Wingels is sitting out just to get Kadri suspended? :skeptic:

So basically you're suggesting Kadri never hit him, Wingels just sensed him in the area and took himself out of the game/multiple games just to get a 5 min power player in a 4-1 game?

kadri-hit.png

Kadri isn't even close to him! :sarcasm:
Meanwhile this kind of play has zero suspension lol

Not for the slash or cross check to the head

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
well moving on from Kadri and everything - i think honestly, the way we win the game on Saturday (which is important to leave Boston with a split) - is that we need to play our game. We never 'took over' at any point of the game on Thursday, we drew even, but the Bruins adjusted quickly and raised their level.

Saturday, we need to come out flying, get out game on - match hit for hit (which we were doing well with), and ignoring the stupidity. I feel that will get under their skin a lot more than trying to irritate them (especially Marchand etc).

They just need to get things to the net (and actually have it hit the net), and they have to play disciplined. . they can not be in the box (so if it's going to be a penalty, make it because you mugged someone to prevent a goal, not a stick infraction or something like that).

Matthews, Nylander, Bozak, JVR (basically everyone) needs to be better. they had a mulligan yesterday. fine. but this is big boy hockey time, and Matty wants to be the engine that drives this team - this is when he shines imo. make the adjustments and do it.

I have complete faith that we'll win the game.

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
Why are you showing me a video of a player making contact with Crosby when Kadri made no contact with Wingels according to you?
Because i dont think kadri deserves a suspension. My point is that this hit isn’t worth everyone freaking out about and expecting suspension.

Fine give him a penalty i guess but a suspension for that? Compared to what previous plays happened in the playoffs that were way worse and got no suspension

Reactions: Jeypic

LeafsLegendAkiBerg

The original great 8
Oct 12, 2006
Because i dont think kadri deserves a suspension. My point is that this hit isn’t worth everyone freaking out about and expecting suspension.

Fine give him a penalty i guess but a suspension for that? Compared to what previous plays happened in the playoffs that were way worse and got no suspension

Why would Kadri get a penalty for not hitting anyone?

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
Why would Kadri get a penalty for not hitting anyone?
It was called exaggeration man. My point is that he didnt fully connect with his head in my opinion. He more like hit his right shoulder.

In my opinion, its not worth a suspension but hey if you think so then fine. Agree to disagree.

LeafsLegendAkiBerg

The original great 8
Oct 12, 2006
It was called exaggeration man. My point is that he didnt fully connect with his head in my opinion. He more like hit his right shoulder.

In my opinion, its not worth a suspension but hey if you think so then fine. Agree to disagree.

Well you started off arguing that Kadri never made contact with Wingels and that Wingels faked the injury and now you're pretending that we're talking about whether it was worth a suspension or not... so yes, agree to disagree on the point I never made. :laugh:

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
Well you started off arguing that Kadri never made contact with Wingels and that Wingels faked the injury and now you're pretending that we're talking about whether it was worth a suspension or not... so yes, agree to disagree on the point I never made. :laugh:
Do you think its worth suspension compred to everything else? Just curious

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Marner scores that 2nd goal and Gardiner doesnt hit the post, that puts us up 3-1 and we dont take those stupid penalties. We had a chance to win. Stay out of the damn box and this games a different result. Havent lost faith.
When Gardiner hit the post the score was still 1-0 so doesn't Hyman's goal negate that?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I think for Matthews, i wonder if he's protecting the shoulder a bit (and I think for him, with his size, he'll become that type of player he'll get hit and the player will bounce off him). Last year Matthews hit when he got hit etc. I am expecting a big game from him on Saturday. he can be (and i believe will be) much better.

Ditto for Will.
Matthews has shown to play much better in his next game following one where he didn't play that well, so I hope you are correct.

LeafsLegendAkiBerg

The original great 8
Oct 12, 2006
Do you think its worth suspension compred to everything else? Just curious

I don't compare hits to other plays (especially ones that have nothing in common) when deciding if I think a hit is suspension worthy or not. It's just a way to divert discussion away from the hit in question. I don't really care if the Crosby hit was the dirtiest play ever and got zero games.

MapleLeafs77

Oct 20, 2017
I don't compare hits to other plays (especially ones that have nothing in common) when deciding if I think a hit is suspension worthy or not. It's just a way to divert discussion away from the hit in question. I don't really care if the Crosby hit was the dirtiest play ever and got zero games.
Im not trying to start anything with you. We are both leaf fans and want our team to destroy the bruins

But i was just asking if you thought the play deserves a suspension?

LeafsLegendAkiBerg

The original great 8
Oct 12, 2006
Im not trying to start anything with you. We are both leaf fans and want our team to destroy the bruins

But i was just asking if you thought the play deserves a suspension?

Yeah, I think the play deserves a suspension. If someone did that to one of our players and he was out with a concussion I'm sure most of us would feel the same.

Albert Iafrate

Feb 29, 2008
The problem with the Kadri hit was not about if it was legal or illegal, it's about whether it was smart or stupid. Marner gets elbowed, Kadri hits Wingels. Does that prevent Marner from getting elbowed again? Does the ref suddenly go "wow, the Kadri hit was awesome, I should start calling those elbowing penalties!"?

There is a moment (if you watch the video) where Kadri had a choice. Wingels is reaching for the puck with one arm and Kadri is approaching. That puck was loose and Kadri could have easily grabbed the loose puck to keep possession in the Bruins zone. In fact, two Bruins were down after sandwiching Marner (one of which was Chara), so grabbing the loose puck could have resulted in a great scoring chance with Chara out of position. But what did Kadri choose?

Reactions: LeafsLegendAkiBerg

MR4

Oct 20, 2014

Not sure how they plan on changing things against Bergeron. That's their biggest issue

IMO if Kadri wasn't likely getting suspended today it would've been very smart to go with these lines in game 2.

Marleau-Kadri-Matthews
Hyman-Nylander-Marner
Johnsson-Plekanec-Kapanen
JVR-Bozak-Brown

Force the Bruins to line up their top line against the most ideal shutdown line in hopes of shutting down Matthews, thus opening up a chance for that 2nd line to ruin their 2nd and let the rest of the depth take their chances at winning the matchups

BigGulpsEh

Feb 20, 2017
Time to regroup and shake off the cobwebs. Plenty of series left and leafs can and will adjust to even it up in game 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad