Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (2-0) Toronto Maple Leafs. Well. We can Win at Home. We Have to.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Interesting combos. I don't think Komo will stay with Matthews line for too long

I would love to see Jhonson with decently skilled players. I still think that 4th line will get killed against the Bruins
Rather see Brown on the 4th line with Pleks than Jhonson. Otherwise that line is too soft
Jhonson?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Marleau-Matthews-Marner
Hyman-Nylander-Kapanen
JVR-Bozak-Johnsson
Komarov-Plekanec-Brown

I would have liked to seen that. Oh well

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
I don't mind those lines overall to be honest. I don't like Komarov getting bumped up but I understand the logic behind it.

Our fourth line will probably able to dominate though, and that is very good news.

Can you explain the logic? Hands of stone. Doesn't engage physically anymore. Slow.....

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Should be AJ or Kapanen higher in the lineup and Komarov on the 4th

Forget about it while babcock is here it won’t happen. Matthews will always have a no or low skilled winger along with a offensive winger. When babcock is fired we might get a coach who stacks line. The Bergeron line is one of the best in the league because Boston stacked it with their best players. Babcock doesn’t believe in that, 2 or 3 1st round exits after this playoff series and Babcock will have to be fired.

TMLFAN4LIFE

Dec 11, 2006
Really hoping Andreas or another youngster gets his chance to shine in this series. Its unfortunate guys like Komarov and Plekanec are taking away ice time from these kids. Plekanec has been so ineffective he might as well not even play, same goes for Leo. Yes these guys provide 'vet' presence, but we have Marleau and Hainsey and Bozak for that. Lets bring in some kids within the organization that know how to score for this playoff run.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I don't mind those lines overall to be honest. I don't like Komarov getting bumped up but I understand the logic behind it.

Our fourth line will probably able to dominate though, and that is very good news.

Thinking it through, and considering it's a road game, I agree.

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
So I understand what Babcock is trying with the Komarov move. Even if the offense does go lower, you've got to try and stop the bleeding against Bergeron's line.

If Komarov can take Marchand off his game even a little, that'll help hopefully.

Need Marleau to step up big time in that role, hopefully Hyman provides a lot of energy to that line.
The problem is, Komorov hasn't shown the ability to do that to ANYONE at all this season. Babs is trying something that hasn't worked all season at the most crucial time of year.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Marleau being moved to centre, means he can't really get the forecheck in that he wants, hence Hyman (who can). I don't think that it makes sense putting Will in centre (on the road) - in Boston.

i don't like Komarov on the 1st line but i understand the ideology around it and i hope it works. Hopefully Kadri doesn't get suspended and we may not see these changes in.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
The problem is, Komorov hasn't shown the ability to do that to ANYONE at all this season. Babs is trying something that hasn't worked all season at the most crucial time of year.

He's trying it because a key player decided to run at someone's head and won't be available.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Marleau being moved to centre, means he can't really get the forecheck in that he wants, hence Hyman (who can). I don't think that it makes sense putting Will in centre (on the road) - in Boston.

i don't like Komarov on the 1st line but i understand the ideology around it and i hope it works. Hopefully Kadri doesn't get suspended and we may not see these changes in.

Kadri is suspended for a game if not two.

I'd be shocked if he wasn't.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario

Do you think it's something Babcock might consider doing for Game 3 in Toronto when he has last change, assuming Kadri is suspended for more than 1 game. Unlike when Matthews was injured we have never seen him centre a line without Nylander, although given how success they have been together why break up their line.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
I don't think i would pay too much attention to the line-up at practice, Babcock may be trying to keep the Bruins guessing.

Reactions: Rob Brown

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
I don’t mind trying these lines to start game 2. You can see the logic in it especially after we got rough housed out of the building. If anything Leo needs to channel his old self and quickly.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
It's a play not to lose move to me
I think if they can play not to lose against Marchand's line you can hope your other lines pick up the slack. Harder to do with Kadri most likely out but I think that's where the reasoning is.

eddieO

Jan 9, 2013
The Beach
Kadri is suspended for a game if not two.

I'd be shocked if he wasn't.
I think he gets two. There’s no way he doesn’t get at least a game for that.

The NHL cannot suspend Doughty for that hit and then the next day not suspend Naz for something that is clearly dirtier.

Reactions: Daisy Jane
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad