Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (2-0) Toronto Maple Leafs. Well. We can Win at Home. We Have to.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Can you explain the logic? Hands of stone. Doesn't engage physically anymore. Slow.....

It's to have someone that can create space by being a wrecking ball and also being a net presence. That's why Hyman has been there every game.

Marchand and Komarov have a history, so maybe he wants Komarov there for next game to perhaps get in Marchands head a little more. And while Komarov isn't a big hitter like he used to be, he's a lot more willing to engage physically than Hyman.

I don't completely agree with the logic but I understand it. It's not a bad thing to make minor lines changes sometimes.

Reactions: Liminality

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Do you think it's something Babcock might consider doing for Game 3 in Toronto when he has last change, assuming Kadri is suspended for more than 1 game. Unlike when Matthews was injured we have never seen him centre a line without Nylander, although given how success they have been together why break up their line.

i think so.
honestly, I feel it depends on how that 2nd line works (and how Matty + Will perform in Game 2).
when we win (because I feel we will), if most of our chances happen from line 2, i'd argue you leave that alone, and maybe move AJ up? (or Kapanen) just make that line really speedy.

if Matty + Will struggle, i'd contemplate splitting them up (moving will to centre, Marner to matty's wing and adjust as necessary)

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
yah well at least he defended mitch's honour.
At the cost of missing 1 or more playoff games. Not worth it at all when you consider if could have been done at any time and with a clean (or accidentally on purpose) hit. That was Kadri playing into the Bruins game and costing the team. If he's suspended than it's just helping things go exactly the way the Bruins want it. It's certainly not helping the Leafs team.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
It's to have someone that can create space by being a wrecking ball and also being a net presence. That's why Hyman has been there every game.

Marchand and Komarov have a history, so maybe he wants Komarov there for next game to perhaps get in Marchands head a little more. And while Komarov isn't a big hitter like he used to be, he's a lot more willing to engage physically than Hyman.

I don't completely agree with the logic but I understand it. It's not a bad thing to make minor lines changes sometimes.

The old Komarov I could understand. Guess we'll see if he still has it in him.

Reactions: JadedLeaf

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
Well, yep. Agreed.

That said, that first line didn't do too much as constructed.
No it didn't do that much but I'm surprised Hyman was the one pulled off that line instead of Nylander considering I thought Hyman played one of his best games in a Leafs uni last night.
I just don't quite understand the reasoning behind putting Komorov there. If this was the Komorov from 2 or 3 seasons ago sure but he's an offensive black hole and his defense isn't what it was a few years ago either.

Reactions: Ziggdiezan

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Kadri is suspended for a game if not two.

I'd be shocked if he wasn't.
We have seen the Department of Player Safety not suspend someone when it was obvious they should. Remember during the 2014 Winter Classic when Lupul cross checked Patrick Eaves and he left the game. Lupul was given a hearing by Shanahan when he was in charge and given that he was suspended 2 games the previous season everyone assumed another one was coming. However he was only fined $10,000 which was a complete surprise.

I'm not saying that's going to happen with Kadri, it's just an example where we thought a suspension was happening and it never did.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Seemed like the Leafs were in the box the entire game... Some very questionable calls leading to goals and some very big non calls that also led to Bruin goals.

Need some consistent calls...

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
The old Komarov I could understand. Guess we'll see if he still has it in him.
That's exactly my thoughts as well. When it comes to rookies Babs is a "what have you done for me lately" kind of coach but when it comes to the vets it seems like it's all about what they did years ago. I just don't understand how someone can be so self-stubborn and resistant to certain ideas.

I still take him as a coach probably 10 times out of 10 but it's not for no reason Red Wing fans had issues with his line choices when he was coaching there.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
hey. i know that and you know that, but quite frankly, i'm over it.
my hope is that the Leafs can overcome this and draw even. they've done it before.

We move on. Most likely without Kadri. Playoffs is about adjusting. Hopefully the 15 coaches, consultants, video crew and analytics folks can figure it out.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
At the cost of missing 1 or more playoff games. Not worth it at all when you consider if could have been done at any time and with a clean (or accidentally on purpose) hit. That was Kadri playing into the Bruins game and costing the team. If he's suspended than it's just helping things go exactly the way the Bruins want it. It's certainly not helping the Leafs team.

i know. but apparently according to a whole whack of people, it's okay what Naz did and I really am not going to go down that path. i said what I said on the matter.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto

If Marner had been concussed, I think you would have been singing a different tune. You gotta send the Bruins a message that they can’t take liberties with our skill players. Was it done correctly? Nope and that’s the issue.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
We move on. Most likely without Kadri. Playoffs is about adjusting. Hopefully the 15 coaches, consultants, video crew and analytics folks can figure it out.
I'm surprised the video crew didn't catch the offside on the first goal. Everyone focusing on Bergeron not Marchand.

When I was the goal i was wondering how he got so far behind Polak...

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
If Marner had been concussed, I think you would have been singing a different tune. You gotta send the Bruins a message that they can’t take liberties with our skill players. Was it done correctly? Nope and that’s the issue.
I wouldn't change my mind no. Kadri getting himself suspended wouldn't have prevented Marner from getting a concussion in that case. Like I said, I have zero issue with Kadri picking his spots and crushing the guy but not at the cost of making winning the series harder by missing one of our better players for at least a game.

I'm not saying bend over and let it happen, but don't end up costing the team by doing it. At 4-1 with the amount of time left a comeback wasn't likely. I don't really care that they scored on the pp, it's if Kadri is gone for a game or more that bothers me.

I mean come on though guys, some of us are sounding an awful lot like Bruins fans defending Marchand for his dumb hits. It was a bad decision resulting in a bad hit. There's no need to try and justify it, it was a shitty dirty hit and we've seen Kadri retaliate after losing his cool before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad