Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (2-0) Toronto Maple Leafs. Well. We can Win at Home. We Have to.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
If Marner had been concussed, I think you would have been singing a different tune. You gotta send the Bruins a message that they can’t take liberties with our skill players. Was it done correctly? Nope and that’s the issue.

iF Marner got himself concussed on that cheap hit by Wingles,
being down two players would be worse.

@Albert Iafrate pointed this out several times.
Marner got hit by Chara + Chicken Winged by Wingles. all three players went down. meaning. had Kadri gotten the puck, all of a sudden, we're looking at a great scoring chance. (and considering how quickly we can strike that could have been another spark for the Leafs).

OR.
Kadri could have dropped his gloves, and pounded the living crap out of Wingles, and gotten at worst 2 for roughing and an instigator, and he doesn't get suspended and he still gets the message across.

I'm going to leave it there, because if i finish my thought it will just escalate into typical stuff. but honestly... well. just. honestly.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
How does that work anyway with the ipad thing? Do they just have a stream of the game going that they can rewind or something or? Always been curious about that.

they said on Leafs lunch they basically have what we see. (they don't get what the situation room gets with all the breakdown etc). so if you don't have a clear look, and go on faith, you could get burned.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
OR.
Kadri could have dropped his gloves, and pounded the living crap out of Wingles, and gotten at worst 2 for roughing and an instigator, and he doesn't get suspended and he still gets the message across.
Besides not getting a possible suspension if he did that, we than have other Bruins fans and fans of other teams who hate the Leafs and Kadri still calling him dirty and will say he should be suspended if that happened.

It's easy to say after the fact it's what Kadri should have done and I agree with you. So I kind of see it as a no win situation for Kadri in the heat of the moment no matter what he did or should have done instead.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
You can do that in the NFL, I don't believe the NHL works like that.
Technically couldn't Babcock still called his timeout if he wanted to since the puck had not been dropped at centre. Of course if he could have it meant he wouldn't have been to allowed to challenge any goalie interference calls should one have happened.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I don't mind those lines overall to be honest. I don't like Komarov getting bumped up but I understand the logic behind it.

Our fourth line will probably able to dominate though, and that is very good news.

What is the logic behind it? So Komarov can be licked more by Marchand?

Reactions: MattySnipes

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I don’t blame Plekanec for not looking good. It has to be hard to play for a rival team when you were battling against that team for over 15 years. I hope he can get his game back but I can understand if he’s a dud.

dangomon

Nov 4, 2017
Kingston, ON
I've been a big Plek supporter since his trade, having faith in what he brings. But last night he looked lost and thoroughly outmatched. The 2-3 shifts they were out against the top line, it was mayhem in our zone for its entirety. Somethings gotta give here.

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
they said on Leafs lunch they basically have what we see. (they don't get what the situation room gets with all the breakdown etc). so if you don't have a clear look, and go on faith, you could get burned.
Well if they got the same view as we did then I can see why it wasn't challenged. The guy that was going offside was/almost was out of the frame. I don't think it's a call many coaches would have challenged with that view. Even CBC was focusing on the wrong guy when they were showing replays of it.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
What is the logic behind it? So Komarov can be licked more by Marchand?
Probably because the Bergeron line is matching up with the Matthews line and Komarov is a good defensive player. Babcock probably thinks if he can shut down that line and his other lines can pot a few that he has a better chance to win.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I really respect Babs. I really do. I think he is a great developmental coach and knows how to make a system that plays well. However it's getting to the point that these lineup decisions are going to lose the series. Komarov is not an NHLer anymore. This has been clear for the last month at the very least, half the season being generous, and all year if we are honest when he killed Kadri's production. So what does he do? He puts this guy on the top line with 2 of the 3 best players on the team. Why? What can he do? He can't keep up, he can't do anything offensively, he can throw some hits I guess but anyone can do that.

This is a Leafs team who came out completely unprepared after nearly a week off of rest and one of the easiest schedules down the stretch. A team that looked like absolute shit the last 2 games and was excused as focusing on the playoffs. This team is the best team in decades and the deepest team likely ever in the history of the franchise. I expect them to not embarrass themselves and the fans of Toronto by taking half the game off in the f***ing playoffs, especially after Matthews comments pregame.

If they are promptly and swiftly bounced in the first round, I think Babcock HAS to be on the hot seat or how can you preach accountability? This team had better come out and show Boston that last game was a fluke because otherwise these guys need a HUGE wake up call. They can't play 60 minutes of hockey because they think they can just play for 10 minutes and push, maybe score a goal or two, and then smugly skate around half assed the rest of the game until they let their opponent back in.

Did the Pens let up on Philly? NO. This team has no killer instinct and guess what? Babcock has been preaching doing it right every day for two years now, obviously this message has NOT been received. Get your shit together before you blow the best chance the Leafs have winning a cup in half a century on stupid past their prime AHLers and good pros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad