ECF : New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers | Panthers lead 3-2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6237.png
IMG_5088.png

New York Rangers (1M) vs. Florida Panthers (1A)

Eastern Conference Finals

Game 1: Panthers at Rangers -- May 22, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Panthers at Rangers -- May 24, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Rangers at Panthers -- May 26, 3 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Rangers at Panthers -- May 28, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Panthers at Rangers -- May 30, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Rangers at Panthers -- June 1, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Panthers at Rangers -- June 3, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ If Necessary

Last edited:

Captain Monglobster

Nov 9, 2005
To me the Panthers are how you build a team for the real season. The post season is all that matters and you need big bodies up front and on the back end that can also move the puck and skate well. Im impressed by their puck support in all three zones and you can tell Maurice has them firing on all cylinders. It looks like they dont have to think at all, while all the Rangers do is think.

But the compete level is what sets them apart. They get a piece of you every shift. Ive been wanting the Rangers to play the game that way for a long time. This is an old school dog fight and if I was a neutral fan I would be loving it.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Y'all taking victory laps when the series isn't even over?

Who’s taking victory laps? If the Leafs were in the Panthers position, playing the way the Panthers are, you wouldn’t expect a Leafs win Saturday night at home in Toronto? You can expect to win the game, and also not be surprised if it went 7. That is the expectation of most Panthers fans.

And how have the Rangers shown how overrated the Panthers are?

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Without going through every goal because I can't be arsed. Laffy's goal to tie it 2-2 in game 4 was missing the net, luckily hit Bob and went in, so how is that deflection a legit goal? But you are calling any shot that deflects off Igor that is actually on net not a legit goal 🤣.

Think you need to take off your blinkered glasses and just accept it's been a close series and Florida have got the goals they need to win the game more often than NYR have.
There are no flukey goals.

If there were, then every PP goal that Kreider scores from a deflection would be a flukey goal.

The reality of today's game is that you will very rarely beat an NHL goalie with a clean shot he can see.

To me the Panthers are how you build a team for the real season. The post season is all that matters and you need big bodies up front and on the back end that can also move the puck and skate well. Im impressed by their puck support in all three zones and you can tell Maurice has them firing on all cylinders. It looks like they dont have to think at all, while all the Rangers do is think.

But the compete level is what sets them apart. They get a piece of you every shift. Ive been wanting the Rangers to play the game that way for a long time. This is an old school dog fight and if I was a neutral fan I would be loving it.
Agreed. Rangers just don't have the ability to grind you down like Florida can.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Game 1:

1-0 Panthers: Legit goal

2-0 Panthers: Own goal

3-0 Panthers: Empty Net Goal

Game 2:

1-0 Rangers: Legit goal

1-1 Panthers: Legit goal

2-1 Rangers: Legit goal

Game 3:

1-0 Panthers: Deflects off Igor into net

1-1 Rangers: Legit goal

2-2 Panthers: Own goal

3-2 Rangers: Legit goal

4-2 Rangers: Legit goal

4-3 Panthers: Freak bounce off Barkov's shin

4-4 Panthers: Legit goal

5-4 Rangers: Legit goal

Game 4:

1-1 Panthers: Own goal

2-1 Panthers: Bounces 4 times and batted into net

2-2 Rangers: Legit goal

3-2 Panthers: Legit goal

Game 5:

1-1 Panthers: Off Igor's pad and bounces into the net

2-1 Panthers: Off Igor's pad, going wide and off the shaft of Igor's stick into the net

3-1 Panthers: Empty net goal

Rangers:

11/11 Legit goals

Panthers:

4/14 Legit goals

P.S. if you would like to challenge me, please watch the goals and tell me I'm wrong. Because this analysis is 100% correct.
200w.gif

Thirty Seven

Jan 23, 2017
Game 1:

1-0 Panthers: Legit goal

2-0 Panthers: Own goal

3-0 Panthers: Empty Net Goal

Game 2:

1-1 Panthers: Legit goal

Game 3:

1-0 Panthers: Deflects off Igor into net

1-1 Rangers: Legit goal

2-2 Panthers: Own goal

4-2 Rangers: Legit goal

4-3 Panthers: Freak bounce off Barkov's shin

4-4 Panthers: Legit goal

5-4 Rangers: Legit goal

Game 4:

1-1 Panthers: Own goal

2-1 Panthers: Bounces 4 times and batted into net

2-2 Rangers: Legit goal

3-2 Panthers: Legit goal

Game 5:

1-1 Panthers: Off Igor's pad and bounces into the net

2-1 Panthers: Off Igor's pad, going wide and off the shaft of Igor's stick into the net

3-1 Panthers: Empty net goal

Rangers:

11/11 Legit goals

Panthers:

4/14 Legit goals

P.S. if you would like to challenge me, please watch the goals and tell me I'm wrong. Because this analysis is 100% correct.
I love that this is a thing.

Also this has made me want the Panthers to win with their stupid lucky goals! I hope the series clincher bounces off Trouba's elbow then ricochets off of Tkachuks mouth guard and trickles in

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
biggest-fan.gif

When your account disappeared I legit asked if I could take your user name

Sorry, there is only one HockeyVirus. But I love you too.

Soooo...you actually have no answer to how they're "overrated," you just want them to be and now you're deflecting BIG time. Asking how they're overrated isn't a "victory lap," it's a question. That you cannot answer.

Is it unfair to say I shouldn't have to answer for something until the result is finalized? I am sure if the Panthers lose 2 elimination games in a row, the tune of the thread will be a lot different.

Let's be honest, up until this point the Panthers beat a Lightning team who is even worse than the one the Leafs managed to eliminate last season and a Bruins team that was so terrible it took game 7 OT to eliminate the Leafs missing half their core the entire series.

As of now, I am more surprised by the Rangers lack of killer instinct than any other result.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Sorry, there is only one HockeyVirus. But I love you too.

Is it unfair to say I shouldn't have to answer for something until the result is finalized? I am sure if the Panthers lose 2 elimination games in a row, the tune of the thread will be a lot different.

Let's be honest, up until this point the Panthers beat a Lightning team who is even worse than the one the Leafs managed to eliminate last season and a Bruins team that was so terrible it took game 7 OT to eliminate the Leafs missing half their core the entire series.

As of now, I am more surprised by the Rangers lack of killer instinct than any other result.

1717183918729.png

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
and a Bruins team that was so terrible it took game 7 OT to eliminate the Leafs' butter soft team that gets injured when the wind blows, Matthews who eats food off of the floor of a gas station bathroom and got sick, Woll who gets wounded when pucks hit him and Marner who is terrified of getting checked
I fixed it to tell a more realistic truth of events. Not our fault your team is soft ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad