ECF : New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers | Panthers lead 3-2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6237.png
IMG_5088.png

New York Rangers (1M) vs. Florida Panthers (1A)

Eastern Conference Finals

Game 1: Panthers at Rangers -- May 22, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Panthers at Rangers -- May 24, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Rangers at Panthers -- May 26, 3 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Rangers at Panthers -- May 28, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Panthers at Rangers -- May 30, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Rangers at Panthers -- June 1, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Panthers at Rangers -- June 3, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ If Necessary

Last edited:

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
The Panthers have only scored 4 goals this series that weren’t freak bounces, own goals, or empty net goals. There’s no way anybody can argue otherwise because it’s a fact…
I'm pulling for your team but all goals that aren't kicked in, high sticked in or thrown in count. What's your point? You either make your own luck and ugly goals or you get them scored against you. Laf and Kreider have been great. Is Zib injured? Dude has 0 goals 2 assists in this series. Pan hasn't been better, 0G 3A in the series. Need a lot more from those 2.

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
The Panthers have only scored 4 goals this series that weren’t freak bounces, own goals, or empty net goals. There’s no way anybody can argue otherwise because it’s a fact…
Freak bounces are not when a goalie gets a piece of the puck and it goes in, otherwise you would be counting 5 or 6 for the Rangers goals as such too.

Very rarely do top goalies just get beat 100% clean.

That goes for Shesty and Bob in this series.

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I'm pulling for your team but all goals that aren't kicked in, high sticked in or thrown in count. What's your point? You either make your own luck and ugly goals or you get them scored against you. Laf and Kreider have been great. Is Zib injured? Dude has 0 goals 2 assists in this series. Pan hasn't been better, 0G 3A in the series. Need a lot more from those 2.
Laffy and Trocheck have been great, Z, Bread and Kreider have no showed the series thus far.

Reactions: BB79

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Laffy and Trocheck have been great, Z, Bread and Kreider have no showed the series thus far.
Good point on Kreider, he hasn't done anything since game 1. I think I mixed him and Trocheck up. But point being, their big dogs have gone silent when they need them to show up the most.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
So I looked at the numbers and outside of Edmonton the remaining three teams have scored with 0.03 goals per game 5 on 5 (the Rangers are last though). Take it for what it's worthy as the ice has been slanted severely for large portions of this series but this bumbling idiot Rangers narrative at 5 on 5 has not really come to fruition on the scoreboard. 5 on 5 goals are 8-7 in this series favoring the Panthers. The Rangers have been outplayed 5 on 5 but they're virtually even on the scoreboard. The PP for the Rangers falling off a cliff and the Panthers' being super hot is more of a reason for the Panthers lead in this series.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020

Usually what happens when you have a cave an opponent to smithereens, they get fluky bounces.

So I looked at the numbers and outside of Edmonton the remaining three teams have scored with 0.03 goals per game 5 on 5 (the Rangers are last though). Take it for what it's worthy as the ice has been slanted severely for large portions of this series but this bumbling idiot Rangers narrative at 5 on 5 has not really come to fruition on the scoreboard. 5 on 5 goals are 8-7 in this series favoring the Panthers. The Rangers have been outplayed 5 on 5 but they're virtually even on the scoreboard. The PP for the Rangers falling off a cliff and the Panthers' being super hot is more of a reason for the Panthers lead in this series.

Because one goalie is playing at a .925 level and the other one isn't even at .910. That's why, Florida has dominated this series skaters wise.

Reactions: Dialamo

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Usually what happens when you have a cave an opponent to smithereens, they get fluky bounces.

Because one goalie is playing at a .925 level and the other one isn't even at .910. That's why, Florida has dominated this series skaters wise.

I mean both goalies had the same stats coming in. So not really sure what the big surprise is. And I mentioned that the Panthers have had the better of the play 5 on 5. But in the end goals are what matters. And if the Panthers are not scoring more because of Igor well Igor didn't just descend from the heavens in the middle of this series he was always on the Rangers roster.

Edit: As far as your first part the Canes had more shot attempts than the Rangers but didn't really get all that many fluke or soft goals against them.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I mean both goalies had the same stats coming in. So not really sure what the big surprise is. And I mentioned that the Panthers have had the better of the play 5 on 5. But in the end goals are what matters. And if the Panthers are not scoring more because of Igor well Igor didn't just descend from the heavens in the middle of this series he was always on the Rangers roster.

Edit: As far as your first part the Canes had more shot attempts than the Rangers but didn't really get all that many fluke or soft goals against them.

If goals being scored are the only thing that matter in the end, why does it matter how they're being scored? You can get bundled in a series and keep the 5v5 GF's and GA's look close with elite finishing and goaltending which the Rangers have gotten the past decade+. It's nothing new, lol.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
If goals being scored are the only thing that matter in the end, why does it matter how they're being scored? You can get bundled in a series and keep the 5v5 GF's and GA's look close with elite finishing and goaltending which the Rangers have gotten the past decade+. It's nothing new, lol.

Ok, I think it's funny you use "elite finishing" as an insult.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It's not an insult, lol. It's what the Rangers are known for, it's literally what makes them dangerous yearly despite the underwhelming 5v5 stats that they're never out of a game.

But you use it against them as you have said that they're dominated 5 on 5 skater-wise. So if you're not using elite finishing ability as an insult why does that not play into you calculus?

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Will this game be more of the same?

Or will the levy break...

More 5 on 5 goals tonight. Either side...

More pp goals? Either side?

sinDer

Nov 22, 2006
Drummondville, QC
NYR have been on survival mode for 5 games now.

Keeping the score close while being dominated this bad is not sustainable.

I think this is the game where NYR will break down. I’m expecting the Panthers to finish it with a big win, at least +3 goals.

We often say that the last game is the hardest one to win. I think it’s not going to be the case tonight for the Panthers.

• Love
Reactions: MaWa and Esteban

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
NYR have been on survival mode for 5 games now.

Keeping the score close while being dominated this bad is not sustainable.

I think this is the game where NYR will break down. I’m expecting the Panthers to finish it with a big win, at least +3 goals.

We often say that the last game is the hardest one to win. I think it’s not going to be the case tonight for the Panthers.

I have a hunch that happens too. I said either NYR plays a great road game and wins 2-0 or 3-1 or this is ugly and is like 5-1 Panthers and it just becomes apparent with the must win pressure that some guys like Zibby/Fox are banged up. FLA being so mediocre at home gives the Rangers hope though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad