ECF : New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers | Panthers lead 3-2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6237.png
IMG_5088.png

New York Rangers (1M) vs. Florida Panthers (1A)

Eastern Conference Finals

Game 1: Panthers at Rangers -- May 22, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Panthers at Rangers -- May 24, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Rangers at Panthers -- May 26, 3 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Rangers at Panthers -- May 28, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Panthers at Rangers -- May 30, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Rangers at Panthers -- June 1, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Panthers at Rangers -- June 3, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ If Necessary

Last edited:

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
NYR shot from the perimeter too much in game 5. They need to crash/crowd the net and get more puck luck.

Also, as well as they played in g5, they weren't playing as a cohesive 5 man unit most of the night. They were playing disorganized, chasing pucks instead of implementing their game similar to the losses to Carolina.

Reactions: Captain Monglobster

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
I have a hunch that happens too. I said either NYR plays a great road game and wins 2-0 or 3-1 or this is ugly and is like 5-1 Panthers and it just becomes apparent with the must win pressure that some guys like Zibby/Fox are banged up. FLA being so mediocre at home gives the Rangers hope though

I feel the same. It could go the way the Panthers eliminated the Lightning. The game was close until the 3rd, where the Panthers blew it open.

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Rangers, believe ya lost series in game 5, when team didn't take advantage of PP in 2nd period. Every series has swing games, and even series swinging moments within games themselves. Rangers had home momentum behind them, and PP to boot, but not being able to cash sealed their fate. Gotta give Panthers major kudos for shutting down another good PP unit. Both Lightning and Rangers have good PP's, Florida 's PK unit shut all that down like great D teams do. Proud of our Florida brothers, very impressive D these playoffs.

We'll see what happens, Rangers win and anything is possible in a game 7. Just think Rangers missed that chance to get to a game 7 last game. Florida's shutdown D is very impressive, Rangers have tough hill to climb now.

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
I have a hunch that happens too. I said either NYR plays a great road game and wins 2-0 or 3-1 or this is ugly and is like 5-1 Panthers and it just becomes apparent with the must win pressure that some guys like Zibby/Fox are banged up. FLA being so mediocre at home gives the Rangers hope though
Even Panthers fans think we are better on the road but saying that, we had an even 26 Ws at home and away in the regular season, and the two most lopsided efforts in favor of the Panthers in this series have come in Sunrise.

Reactions: lubitschtouch

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
Rangers, believe ya lost series in game 5, when team didn't take advantage of PP in 2nd period. Every series has swing games, and even series swinging moments within games themselves. Rangers had home momentum behind them, and PP to boot, but not being able to cash sealed their fate. Gotta give Panthers major kudos for shutting down another good PP unit. Both Lightning and Rangers have good PP's, Florida 's PK unit shut all that down like great D teams do. Proud of our Florida brothers, very impressive D these playoffs.

We'll see what happens, Rangers win and anything is possible in a game 7. Just think Rangers missed that chance to get to a game 7 last game. Florida's shutdown D is very impressive, Rangers have tough hill to climb now.

Lavi is gonna have to do some serious metal coaching before puck drop.

The post game interviews weren't just players down after the game, the looks in their eyes and body language suggest they felt they gave it thier all and it wasn't enough. That's a mental hurtle they're gonna have to kick down to win today.

Reactions: Tryamw

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I forgot if FLA touched the trophy last year or not but I assume if they tonight or Monday they do the opposite this time

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Catscountry40

Feb 4, 2021
Man, Florida has 62% of the expected goal share at 5v5 in this series. That is incredibly lopsided.

Pretty unrealistic to expect the Rangers to win 2 games in a row with those sorts of numbers. Gonna need a miracle (i.e. Shesterkin going god mode) to win this series.
He has been in god mode. Is this like DBZ where they just keep inventing higher levels of power that sound crazier and crazier?

Also, if the Panthers somehow manage to win tonight. Its means they would have gone through:
Vasy, Swayman, and Shesty.

Can anyone remember a team that went through a similar gauntlet of goalies to reach the SCF?

Reactions: Cats711

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
He has been in god mode. Is this like DBZ where they just keep inventing higher levels of power that sound crazier and crazier?

Also, if the Panthers somehow manage to win tonight. Its means they would have gone through:
Vasy, Swayman, and Shesty.

Can anyone remember a team that went through a similar gauntlet of goalies to reach the SCF?
17 pens had Bob, Holtby, Vassi, and Rinne

• Wow
Reactions: iam76 and MaWa

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
For those out of towers worried about our attendance:

Quickly do the math on a 1 million fans lol, we average more fans in the building per game than most NHL arenas even seat.

And it only took nearly 2 runs to the Finals to get there!

Listen I'm not gonna chirp Florida's fans or attendance because I don't really care. But to try and push a narrative it's some hockey haven is not accurate. The true mark of a fan base is the attendance numbers when the team sucks. Every single franchise in the league would be sold out at home if the team was as good as Florida

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica

Listen I'm not gonna chirp Florida's fans or attendance because I don't really care. But to try and push a narrative it's some hockey haven is not accurate. The true mark of a fan base is the attendance numbers when the team sucks. Every single franchise in the league would be sold out at home if the team was as good as Florida
Our attendance has been in the top third of the league for a lot longer than that, 5 to 7 years now, and it's not because of a select few road teams whose fans travel well like is bandied about in this thread.

Real ownership and a real plan gets butts in seats. Take a look at a fanbase like Buffalo, their attendance isn't down because there are no fans. Apathy is a thing whether it's new or old franchises like Pittsburgh or Chicago for other recent examples.

Few franchises would sellout without success, like a Toronto or Montreal

Last edited:

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011

I still don't understand people who pay (a lot of) money to go watch a team that sucks. This is why the Coyotes failed. If you are never good, why would anyone bother?

Just because Original Six teams' fans go to games when their teams are terrible doesn't mean they're making a good financial decision.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.

Which was always going to be the case. And I always stated as such. Because the franchise hadn't established a large fanbase since it started. With mediocre to bad results for most of it's existence.
Building a fanbase was going to take more than one deep run after all of that time. They would have to be consistently good over a few seasons at least.
And what teams sellout even when they suck for long periods of time? Except for some Canadian franchises?

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
Saying they haven't beaten a good team yet is factual
And you have been saying this since last year, and everytime the Panthers keep proving you wrong, and you still comeback with the same arguments.
There is historical data that proves you wrong, a simple Google search will help you get the necessary understanding.

Reactions: Skeletorrr
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad