ECF : New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers | Panthers lead 3-2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6237.png
IMG_5088.png

New York Rangers (1M) vs. Florida Panthers (1A)

Eastern Conference Finals

Game 1: Panthers at Rangers -- May 22, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Panthers at Rangers -- May 24, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Rangers at Panthers -- May 26, 3 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Rangers at Panthers -- May 28, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Panthers at Rangers -- May 30, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Rangers at Panthers -- June 1, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Panthers at Rangers -- June 3, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ If Necessary

Last edited:

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Not sure if I like that answer. So game 5 goes to the Rangers …the pressure is on Nostradamus game 5 what’s your call ?
If you forced me, I still believe the Cats take this series because I believe they are the best remaining team in these playoffs....the only issue is if the Rangers Goalie can steal this for the Rangers....and we have seen in Hockey history where great goalies put their team on their backs and won series they never had a right to win.....Patrick Roy did this twice with the Canadians.....

Reactions: StrmSurge

StrmSurge

Kochetkov
Mar 19, 2019
Walhalla, SC
Great series. I hate seeing so many rags fans in my home state, and I thought the canes had it bad.

It's like 60-40 Panthers fans on home ice and they often get drowned out by rags fans cause they don't get loud. You wouldn't see this at a Miami Dolphins game. SoFla has barely any natives left tho I should know. (Love the rats btw true Pantera fans, more if you win at home again...

Anyway, as far as the hockey goes, best I can do is compare the Panthers to my own team but I was a big Barkov fan before I left Florida also Ekblad. Some of these of other guy I haven't heard of til I watched the series , mainly Reinhart Ferhage(sp?) I knew Bobrovsky was a better goalie than Andersen but not better than Shisterkin. But Cats have answered that by putting distance shots on goal and then getting rebounds and whacks out of the air. Shizz may be the best tender in the league and I don't see him beat with hardly any clean (not soft like Andersen) goals.

But I also salute rangers D, and their crisp play in th O when they finally set up, Rags get a lot of beatifies but clean goals. So that can only be defeated with Bobrov stepping up like he did in game 4 , and FLA has to pour on the shots from perimeter (like th Canes should have done more)

I could see it going either way as an unbiased observer. Of course I want the Cats to win hometown. -love a Caniac (rags)

StrmSurge

Kochetkov
Mar 19, 2019
Walhalla, SC
Btw I was reading back a few pages, this is playoff hockey you want the refs to hand you the potential win. Stop crying and beat Florida on the ice. And then I see people saying Cats had flukey goals... Technically yes, that's a testament to s
shiz. ability. Goals don't have to be clean to count (not within the rules) Nobody has said your Rags goalie isn't superior. However Bobrov is no slouch to his own right if he's on.

Reactions: Sdevils42

StrmSurge

Kochetkov
Mar 19, 2019
Walhalla, SC
Such a humbling experience here as a Bruins fan. I don't really hate the Panthers, there's just the whole "I wish it was me" thing going on there. Then again if my team is gonna get bounced it probably doesn't sting as bad if they get bounced by the team that goes on to win the whole thing.

Something just feels right about this Florida team. There's plenty of skill front to back, plenty of guys that play rough, and there's also a weird aura about them that I just can't put my finger on.

The way they limit scoring chances, and just attack with wave after wave all night is impressive as hell. There's not much that is super flashy about them, they just go about their business.

Yes Florida is too dangerous on both ends and the neutral zone. They control the puck and they control the ice so if I was forced to pick objectively of who was gonna win I'd say FLA game 7

Reactions: TD Charlie

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
If you forced me, I still believe the Cats take this series because I believe they are the best remaining team in these playoffs....the only issue is if the Rangers Goalie can steal this for the Rangers....and we have seen in Hockey history where great goalies put their team on their backs and won series they never had a right to win.....Patrick Roy did this twice with the Canadians.....
Thank you Devonator you were so adamamo

• Haha
Reactions: Devonator

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022

Thank you for your response. I actually could care less what an arbitrary poster predicts but you were pretty much guaranteeing a Cats win in game 4 without bias it caught my eye. that’s why it’s a compliment when I call you Nostradamos sounds silly but I was impressed. However you seem to be waivering at the last hours here so I just thought it would be less pressure if you just picked game 5. It was your steadfast conclusion that impressed now you have less conviction.

That is why I added my comments about how in my thinking the fact that the Cats have more recent experience by going to the Cup last year might solidify your decision.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Great series. I hate seeing so many rags fans in my home state, and I thought the canes had it bad.

It's like 60-40 Panthers fans on home ice and they often get drowned out by rags fans cause they don't get loud. You wouldn't see this at a Miami Dolphins game. SoFla has barely any natives left tho I should know. (Love the rats btw true Pantera fans, more if you win at home again...

Anyway, as far as the hockey goes, best I can do is compare the Panthers to my own team but I was a big Barkov fan before I left Florida also Ekblad. Some of these of other guy I haven't heard of til I watched the series , mainly Reinhart Ferhage(sp?) I knew Bobrovsky was a better goalie than Andersen but not better than Shisterkin. But Cats have answered that by putting distance shots on goal and then getting rebounds and whacks out of the air. Shizz may be the best tender in the league and I don't see him beat with hardly any clean (not soft like Andersen) goals.

But I also salute rangers D, and their crisp play in th O when they finally set up, Rags get a lot of beatifies but clean goals. So that can only be defeated with Bobrov stepping up like he did in game 4 , and FLA has to pour on the shots from perimeter (like th Canes should have done more)

I could see it going either way as an unbiased observer. Of course I want the Cats to win hometown. -love a Caniac (rags)
Last year the crowd was louder and crazier but I’m afraid the Cats fans are spoiled now we have become entitled the worst thing for a fan to become.

Reactions: StrmSurge

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
Thank you for your response. I actually could care less what an arbitrary poster predicts but you were pretty much guaranteeing a Cats win in game 4 without bias it caught my eye. that’s why it’s a compliment when I call you Nostradamos sounds silly but I was impressed. However you seem to be waivering at the last hours here so I just thought it would be less pressure if you just picked game 5. It was your steadfast conclusion that impressed now you have less conviction.

That is why I added my comments about how in my thinking the fact that the Cats have more recent experience by going to the Cup last year might solidify your decision.
It actually was a simple deduction....The Cats had to win that game....and they had played well enough that they could have easily been ahead in this series....plus most people would suggest that Florida is the best team left of the four now.....but now I am reticent to go any further.....I think Florida wins this series but I am not dogmatic about it.....

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
IMO, and sadly, the best team won yesterday. Ranger were flat out bad in the 2, 3 and OT. Goaltending is the only reason it was not a blowout. I hate Florida, hope Rangers come out hard next game... but if Florida gets a bit of puck luck, and carry the play as they did, contrary at what I thought they will move on.
Rangers top 6 are playing bad.... for the exception of Lafrenière.

Alot of fan group complain about ref. Not just Rags fan.
Basically every fan base complains about them. I don't think it's bias so much as incompetence.

Reactions: Felidae and Bradely

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
I love that people hate Florida. Team was a joke due to horrific former ownership, now we’re a top team and have haters because of that. Our owners are the best.

View attachment 877015
I haven’t looked it up to see if you’re correct, but Mo isn’t telling the guys to score 6 goals here. This was last year.
I always hated Florida. When they stink and now. Now the above post and Maurice photo was a good one. Loved it.

I’ll give you the first one, the second one is 5-2 unless you count a penalty that happens after the games over.

There were 2 very obvious penalties on Mika and Kakko at the end of the 3rd period that werent called. Both were textbook penalties that you literally can’t argue and they let both go.
It is not always the penalty number... but the timing it is giving. That said, last 2 period of Rangers vs Panthers, Rangers barely did touch the puck. Can't drive penalty when you are chasing.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I’ll give you the first one, the second one is 5-2 unless you count a penalty that happens after the games over.

There were 2 very obvious penalties on Mika and Kakko at the end of the 3rd period that werent called. Both were textbook penalties that you literally can’t argue and they let both go.
Kakko tripped himself...

Reactions: hoax15 and Chaos2k7

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I
Such a humbling experience here as a Bruins fan. I don't really hate the Panthers, there's just the whole "I wish it was me" thing going on there. Then again if my team is gonna get bounced it probably doesn't sting as bad if they get bounced by the team that goes on to win the whole thing.

Something just feels right about this Florida team. There's plenty of skill front to back, plenty of guys that play rough, and there's also a weird aura about them that I just can't put my finger on.

The way they limit scoring chances, and just attack with wave after wave all night is impressive as hell. There's not much that is super flashy about them, they just go about their business.
I see what you mean. I feel similarly about Dallas. Just very effective teams. I want Edmonton to win, but I think Dallas-Florida would be a better matchup if that makes sense.

Even if it landed in your beer?
I'd finish the beer, but I wouldn't be too happy about it. Can't let good beer go to waste.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Being a SWFL guy, I'm always surprised by just how devoted the local Cats fans are when I catch my two or so live games a year. It's not 2007.

Panthers fan since 93, and a season ticket owner from 99-08, before moving to Greece. I witnessed the worst of times. Panthers fans are some of the most dedicated in the league, and they were there during those years, and stayed. Now, we are being rewarded, regardless of what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad