ECF : New York Rangers vs Florida Panthers | Panthers lead 3-2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6237.png
IMG_5088.png

New York Rangers (1M) vs. Florida Panthers (1A)

Eastern Conference Finals

Game 1: Panthers at Rangers -- May 22, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Panthers at Rangers -- May 24, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Rangers at Panthers -- May 26, 3 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Rangers at Panthers -- May 28, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Panthers at Rangers -- May 30, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Rangers at Panthers -- June 1, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Panthers at Rangers -- June 3, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ If Necessary

Last edited:

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Just a few weeks ago, Rangers' fans thought their team would sail to the Finals.

Now, a lot of them feel that this team isn't built for the playoffs and should be blown up. 🤣🤣

Love to see it. ❤️

I think both fanbases have been tearing their hair out in this series. And the best (worst?) part? We have at least one more game to go.

RabbleMasterBlaster

J't'un gars d'chez nous
Jun 29, 2020
Singapore
After the Panthers kicked the crap out of my team all season long, I've said it right before the playoffs started that I saw them as winning the cup this year. There are no teams that can hang with them for the long haul.

They play on the edge, are big, play great D, have a goalie in God Mode, can score from all 4 lines...this is it. No team had that level of completeness.

Anyone thinking that Edmonton has a chance, should they move on are dreaming. For as long as they have goalies like Skinner on their team, they aren't going to win the cup. That guy sucks and it makes me so mad that McDavid is probably never winning a cup.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Just a few weeks ago, Rangers' fans thought their team would sail to the Finals.

Now, a lot of them feel that this team isn't built for the playoffs and should be blown up. 🤣🤣

Love to see it. ❤️
Posts like this explain why you have the worst post-to-like ratio I've ever seen on here.

Take a look at the early pages of this thread. Anyone talking about Rangers rolling are clearly not Rangers fans (mainly leaf and Bruins fans as far as I can tell). Pretty much everyone that is an actual Rangers fan is posting either about how nervous they are, how this is the conference finals they were expecting, or about how Rangers defense is getting more credit than it deserves.

But if you need to create fantasies to make the potential Florida win feel better, I guess you're entitled to it.

tabness

be a playa 🇵🇸
Apr 4, 2014
Florida is obviously a bad matchup for the Rangers and will continue to be the better team for much of the game in terms of general play, but the Rangers have supposedly gamebreaking talent that isn't doing much of anything to score more opportunistic goals.

Panarin's game just isn't valuable in the playoffs as his stats would suggest.

Zibanejad two games in a row making an incredibly soft play which leads to the nail in the coffin for his team.

Hard to hate on Igor but making great saves and keeping your team in it only to let in a softy from time to time isn't going to cut it for a bad matchup.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Florida is obviously a bad matchup for the Rangers and will continue to be the better team for much of the game in terms of general play, but the Rangers have supposedly gamebreaking talent that isn't doing much of anything to score more opportunistic goals.

Panarin's game just isn't valuable in the playoffs as his stats would suggest.

Zibanejad two games in a row making an incredibly soft play which leads to the nail in the coffin for his team.

Hard to hate on Igor but making great saves and keeping your team in it only to let in a softy from time to time isn't going to cut it for a bad matchup.

I still don't think he's the issue, his price tag obviously will have people calling for his head but if the Rangers dmen can't make a simply outlet to where he can play make a play then how is he going to be effective? Zibanejad is a different issue, he looks so far gone

tabness

be a playa 🇵🇸
Apr 4, 2014
I still don't think he's the issue, his price tag obviously will have people calling for his head but if the Rangers dmen can't make a simply outlet to where he can play make a play then how is he going to be effective? Zibanejad is a different issue, he looks so far gone

That's definitely fair, Rangers D has disappointed for sure

Reactions: ZachaFlockaFlame

nerevarine

Nov 14, 2019
After the Panthers kicked the crap out of my team all season long, I've said it right before the playoffs started that I saw them as winning the cup this year. There are no teams that can hang with them for the long haul.

They play on the edge, are big, play great D, have a goalie in God Mode, can score from all 4 lines...this is it. No team had that level of completeness.

Anyone thinking that Edmonton has a chance, should they move on are dreaming. For as long as they have goalies like Skinner on their team, they aren't going to win the cup. That guy sucks and it makes me so mad that McDavid is probably never winning a cup.
Watching this series has confirmed the wcf is the real scf. Goalies only look good until they play against real offensive talent. No one on fla or nyr would crack the top 6 on edmonton

Macheteops

Apr 13, 2005

To say another team that makes the SC finals doesn't have a chance is crazy. All these teams are super close. Out of the four left I do agree Florida should be the slight favourite but hockey is a game of inches and bounces

Everyone said the same thing about VAN/EDM vs DAL/COL and here we're in a very even series and I likely wouldn't be out of line saying Edmonton has been slightly better in the first 4 games vs DAL

Reactions: Pablo El Perro

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
The Rangers are outmatched but they are always one goal away from stealing every game at the end, excluding the first game.
Sounds like the Bruins/Panthers series

Maurice has Florida playing great hockey. Seem to always be the first on pucks, finishing every hit, constant ozone pressure, goalie that makes timely saves. Roll 4 lines.

Chaos2k7

2024 Stanley Cup Champions! 🏆
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
So, how good is Forsling?

I havnt seen Florida too much the last few years but when I've done he's always been real solid. But I've seen a bit more of them this post season and man, I think he looks really good out there.
I was told continuously how he was a bum and wilted under heavy pressure, go look at his contract extension thread on the mains for a clown show.

Best D contract in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad