GDT: ECF Game 2 New York Rangers vs Montreal Canadiens 5/19/14 8:00pm EST Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Bournival out? Yep....we don't need his speed....how stupid is that.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
And what I hate about that is because you never know when you will be back. And the Cup Finals were on hand. And most importantly, are we going to use that excuse to stay put in our lineup?

There's no guarantee the Habs will be back to this point next year, the year after or the year after after.

As for the sense of emergency, it was gonna be there in game 2 Price or no Price. Game 1 had more to do with beating the Goons than anything else.

I understand that but I was talking about how games may be a lot less stressful now that we're basically almost heartbroken already ;)

Anyway, let's just hope Tokarski is our new Halak.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
habs need to score first.

we play awesome with the lead, if we get the first one the habs will win..

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Rishaug on TSN speculating it'll be Bournival out for Galchenyuk.

:shakehead

michael-scott-no.gif

Allah Veuglette

Apr 9, 2014
L'enclave
What remains, is that Kreider has done this three times already.
Ask to the insurance companies if a person keeps wrecking their car...
Premium will go up.
During regular season, you meet teams rarely.

There was a race between Ottawa and Rangers for a PO spot and Kreider hits Andersen.
Then during the PO, he hits Fleury.

Clean guy Kreider?

Is this a hit in the back?

That's it? I can think of 3 hits way worse than that off the top of my head from Pacioretty. Those are weak hits against weak players.

All this intentional hit talk coming from the fans and montreal journalists make me ashamed to root for this team.

Yeah it sucks that Price is hurt but blame that dumb**** Emelin, not Kreider.

Camio

Oct 19, 2013
I understand that but I was talking about how games may be a lot less stressful now that we're basically almost heartbroken already ;)

Anyway, let's just hope Tokarski is our new Halak.

Lemme ask you:

You prefer Habs golfing while the Cup Final is being played or watching the Habs play that Cup Final?

Quit being a sissy. If anything, just become a Leafs fan. This way, you wont have to stress about the playoffs :sarcasm:

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Bournival really wasn't that good in game 1. Plus Prust is better in his own zone which is what you need with a backup in. We're going to have to be all in this series. Think us in 2010.

Newhabfan

Sep 3, 2008
Montreal
I cooled down a bit. Let's focus on the game and win it. Miracles happen.

However - on the favourite topic - is there an analogy we could have with the NFL and the hits on the QB ? It's kinda similar - some players would take the risk of a penalty for the extra tackle and injuring the QB is always seen as a victory there. And then they blame the OLine - "they should have stopped us".

Then the League, seeing how the loss of a QB equals loss of starpower and income went with extreme harsh penalty for any unjustified QB tackling. Regardless of speed, weight and being pushed - if you hit the QB without the ball or under a certain height - punishment.

My call would be then for much stricter rules - it is your responsibility to avoid the goalie - you hit him you're out. Would lower the crease fighting most likely and maybe the physicality of the game but... helmet to helmet tackling in the NFL were big selling points yet they cut them. For a good reason.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Lemme ask you:

You prefer Habs golfing while the Cup Final is being played or watching the Habs play that Cup Final?

Quit being a sissy. If anything, just become a Leafs fan. This way, you wont have to stress about the playoffs :sarcasm:

wow.
I just said that I'm a lot less nervous than usual and that makes me a sissy or worse, a potential Leafs fan ? Ouch.

Never said I was happy but I guess that my lowered expectations have at least a positive impact on my level of stress :)

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I think it was pretty obvious that if Chuckie IN/Prust OUT, Bournival was the one going to the 4th line...

I would probably rather that than Bournival out though. Not a huge fan of a player as some here, but he's still a welcomed element against a speedy team.

I don't think Galchenyuk has the speed or the physical shape after one month off to take on this challenge. Stanger things have happened though.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
I cooled down a bit. Let's focus on the game and win it. Miracles happen.

However - on the favourite topic - is there an analogy we could have with the NFL and the hits on the QB ? It's kinda similar - some players would take the risk of a penalty for the extra tackle and injuring the QB is always seen as a victory there. And then they blame the OLine - "they should have stopped us".

Then the League, seeing how the loss of a QB equals loss of starpower and income went with extreme harsh penalty for any unjustified QB tackling. Regardless of speed, weight and being pushed - if you hit the QB without the ball or under a certain height - punishment.

My call would be then for much stricter rules - it is your responsibility to avoid the goalie - you hit him you're out. Would lower the crease fighting most likely and maybe the physicality of the game but... helmet to helmet tackling in the NFL were big selling points yet they cut them. For a good reason.

The NFL is a beacon of player safety and intelligent decisions compared to the NHL. F this league.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Bournival really wasn't that good in game 1. Plus Prust is better in his own zone which is what you need with a backup in. We're going to have to be all in this series. Think us in 2010.

Prust doesn't deserve to play after crapping his pants in game #1 when he was the designated hitter for passing a message to Kreider.

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Canadiens are half-way along the path to Glory and the Stanley Cup.

There is Opportunity to win the only hardware that counts, new fans, plenty of respect.

Beat TB = expected
Beat Boston = Major Upset
Beat NYR w/o Price = Few Expect It
Beat Chicago to win the Cup = Super Major Upset

Would be the sweetest Cup win since the 75-76 dismantling of Philly

Believe, my friends.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
How is a stick to the outside of the leg 15 feet away from the net the reason he barreled skates up into Price's knee? I don't get it Rangers fans, it just doesn't compute unless we're not worrying about that silly little physics thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad