GDT: ECF Game 2 New York Rangers vs Montreal Canadiens 5/19/14 8:00pm EST Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Remember the Devils' 4th line in 2012? Tell me who on that line is some bad ass mother ****er? None and guess what? They were the best 4th line in the league at the time.

The point the guy wanted to make was obviously that they were going with a physical 4th line. To which I answered it's the most PHYSICALLY overrated 4th line out there.

I know the 4th line doesn't HAVE to be 3 monsters together, the playoffs showed that pretty clearly this year. Thanks for coming by. Your input was unnecessary.

Camio

Oct 19, 2013
In a way, for the fans, Price's injury is a relief because the expectations are definitely lowered and a loss won't be as devastating.

As for the players, it will also immediately create that sense of emergency they did not have in game 1.

There's no guarantee the Habs will be back to this point next year, the year after or the year after after.

As for the sense of emergency, it was gonna be there in game 2 Price or no Price. Game 1 had more to do with beating the Goons than anything else.

Hydrostatic

Apr 30, 2013
It's the only move Therrien could make. No way do you start Budaj after the way he played the 2nd half of this season.

I still see a win tonight, and a strong performance by Tokarski. It's on the middle/long term though that I'm concerned.

Agreed and with bold especially, one only has to look as far as Gibson, and Gibson came in with way more hype and expectations.

TassieHab

May 3, 2013
Hobart
Waking up to this Price news is so incredibly deflating.

Come on Tokarski write yourself into Montreal folklore.

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
I wonder how much input Waite had on the Tokarski decision? If in his opinion Budaj is the lesser of the two right now I'd trust that opinion.

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Galchenyuk>>>Moen, Prust

Also, Prust outside of two games has been pretty awful the entire playoffs. Bournival looked good with Briere and Weise against Tampa. Rangers aren't really a physical team, the Habs don't need bruisers in the lineup. With Tokarski in goal, the Canadiens need score to give themselves a cushion for rookie mistakes. Prust, Moen does not increase the likelihood of goals.

If the Canadiens can get by Boston with a non-physical 4th line and their most physical D in the press box, they can do so against the Rangers.

Galchenyuk shouldn't even be on the 4th line anyway.

It has nothing to do with physicality. It has everything to do with defensive awareness. Those blueline turnovers will kill us against NY. A 4th line of Prust - Briere - Weise was not a great shutdown line, but it had 2 responsible wingers defensively. Now, I don't think Prust deserves the start. But I would still go with the experience and defensive play before the flashes and skills of Galchenyuk on a 4th line, in the playoffs.

And IF we put Galchenyuk on the top-6 to play big minutes, isn't it too much to ask out of a 20 years old who missed 1 month + on a serious knee injury, and who didn't have his best season to begin with?

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
20 feet? Try 6. Full speed, skates slashed, and loses balance. Not really trying to start a war here but there wasn't enough time there for Kreider to concentrate on anything other than a breakaway. No way is he thinking about anything other than scoring there.

Really not happy that Price is injured either. Not happy that Brassard got hit (he's had two shoulder surgeries in his career) and he's out either. I don't wish injuries on anyone, especially team MVP's like Price, Subban, Lundqvist, McD.

I get it's a galvanizing point, rallying cry, etc... and credit to the Habs and their coaching staff for finding a way to "hate" the Rangers and get their **** together. Good. Looking forward to a great series.

but, but, but, WHY are you here???

Ranger apologists in record numbers only say one thing: guilty.

Nashy

Living on Fish Island
Feb 2, 2006
Toronto
Not his fault. He,s big and fast. It's the new excuse. Just like Chara's bad balance.

No ****.....Chara's not dirty, he's never been suspended.....weakest argument I've ever heard.

Kreider's not dirty....he just goes in blades first, on his 3rd victim.

Karma's a *****, Kreider.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
It has nothing to do with physicality. It has everything to do with defensive awareness. Those blueline turnovers will kill us against NY. A 4th line of Prust - Briere - Weise was not a great shutdown line, but it had 2 responsible wingers defensively. Now, I don't think Prust deserves the start. But I would still go with the experience and defensive play before the flashes and skills of Galchenyuk on a 4th line, in the playoffs.

And IF we put Galchenyuk on the top-6 to play big minutes, isn't it too much to ask out of a 20 years old who missed 1 month + on a serious knee injury, and who didn't have his best season to begin with?

You should check out Chucky's stats against the rags, if you have forgotten his elaborate celebrations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad