GDT: ECF Game 2 New York Rangers vs Montreal Canadiens 5/19/14 8:00pm EST Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Man I'm a mess over this Price injury. One minute I'm depressed and sad for him, the next minute I'm thinking "yeah Tokarski has the talent!" and then I'm like "but Therrien will screw this up somehow" and so on.

UGGGGGGGGGH

lol. it's just a game,and the beautiful weather has arrived. mrelax and enjoy the show, **** happens, and our players have the talent to win despite price being injured.

worse comes to worse, it's summer.

Hydrostatic

Apr 30, 2013
I for one think starting Tokarski tonight is the right move. He's had success in big game pressure before and he played well for us when he was up earlier this season.

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Why do you even bother coming on here if all you do is *****?

Woah, sorry if I'm not falling in love for a player because of 2-3 pee-wee dekes, and that I'm able to see how the kind of game he played last season isn't the one required in a playoffs series.

I'm happy he'll get some experience though, but I'd much rather a guy like Moen at this point of the playoffs. A guy who's not gonna be rusted, and who has been there before.

I for one think starting Tokarski tonight is the right move. He's had success in big game pressure before and he played well for us when he was up earlier this season.

It's the only move Therrien could make. No way do you start Budaj after the way he played the 2nd half of this season.

I still see a win tonight, and a strong performance by Tokarski. It's on the middle/long term though that I'm concerned.

cjbhab*

Woah, sorry if I'm not falling in love for a player because of 2-3 pee-wee dekes, and that I'm able to see how the kind of game he played last season isn't the one required in a playoffs series.

I'm happy he'll get some experience though, but I'd much rather a guy like Moen at this point of the playoffs. A guy who's not gonna be rusted, and who has been there before.

:laugh:
there is much much more potential upside in having Galchenyuk in the lineup.

Dressing Moen over Galchy is playing not to lose in my opinion. Dressing Galchenyuk and Tokarski in nets is playing to win.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Following last game I was very much reminded of the Ottawa series from last year. We lose in ultimate fashion AND our best player gets injured. I thought for sure Vigneault would refer to our goalie as ''number 31 in red'' just to rub it in. I couldn't believe how unlucky we were Saturday afternoon, exactly like the Ottawa series.

Time to change the momentum with Galchenyuk and Tokarski!

GO HABS GO

Team preparation was not on point obviously.
The events on Saturday have a direct correlation to this little discussed fact.
It takes some kind of mental giant to figure out the Rangers game plan?
When you have an asset like Carey Price and leave him exposed in a win at all costs scenario this is what can happen. LUCK had nothing to do with it good or bad. :rant:

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013

Dressing Moen over Galchy is playing not to lose in my opinion. Dressing Galchenyuk and Tokarski in nets is playing to win.

Playing a rookie who's struggled, who suffered two serious injuries since February, and who's been out for more than one month is playing to win, but dressing an important part of the 2007 Anaheim Ducks cup run isn't... ok...

Icing a winning team is not always about dressing your most talented player.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Galchenyuk did not have a very good season. He struggled as badly as Eller at times this year, and unlike Eller doesn't have the defensive game to compensate.

But as we see, anything is possible in the playoffs. Maybe he will have the same impact Kreider had when he returned from injury...one way or another. ;)

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
I think Saturdays game was an emotional let down. The expectations are now so low for the Habs I'm hoping that results in no pressure on Tokarski and he plays dynamite. We need a miracle to make this happen

Camio

Oct 19, 2013
I heard the Rangers will be rolling with a 4th line of Daniel Carcillo -Brian Boyle-Derek Dorsett

Habs should counter with Laraque.

Just play him on a line with Gally and give Gally a can of green spray and have the coaches tell him to spray Kreider and Lund.

He'll eat them alive.

Halifaxhab*

I would rather Galch as well. He has game breaker skill. Playing at home he can be eased in with favorable match upset....and he always plays well against the rags.

cjbhab*

Playing a rookie who's struggled, who suffered two serious injuries since February, and who's been out for more than one month is playing to win, but dressing an important part of the 2007 Anaheim Ducks cup run isn't... ok...

you're right man.. we should just put Parros and Moen on the first line. 07 cup ftw :laugh:

call in Brad May to play the wing too and put Pronger on D.

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
I heard the Rangers will be rolling with a 4th line of Daniel Carcillo -Brian Boyle-Derek Dorsett

Most unimpressive attempt at starting a physical 4th line that I've seen this year. Carcillo is a vagina on 2 legs, Brian Boyle is a giant teddy bear when he wants to fight, and Dorsett is probably no better at fighting than Dale Weise.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013

Totally agree, Budaj is a goalie that could keep us in a game but Dustin is a guy who has shown this year he can steal a game, has won at every level and worst case Ned can come in game 3

Ultimately the team in front has to play 100% better or it won't matter if '93 Roy was in net

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
you're right man.. we should just put Parros and Moen on the first line. 07 cup ftw :laugh:

call in Brad May to play the wing too and put Pronger on D.

It's obviously way better to start a guy who had a hard time breaking 30 points this season, while having a horrible defensive game.

Quit playing NHL 14. A 4th line of Galchenyuk - Briere - Weise isn't winner in the playoffs... It's another line that will need easy matchups, with 2 players who are not all that great along the boards.

And if Bournival is playing with Briere and Weise, one can only hope Galchenyuk can play at an NHL's top-6 calibre after being out for 1 month +.

Camio

Oct 19, 2013

There must be a typo. Its saying 2007, we're in 2014. Alot has changed since then. So did Moen.

While he hasnt been awful in these playoffs, he doesnt have what Chucky could bring.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Most unimpressive attempt at starting a physical 4th line that I've seen this year. Carcillo is a vagina on 2 legs, Brian Boyle is a giant teddy bear when he wants to fight, and Dorsett is probably no better at fighting than Dale Weise.

Remember the Devils' 4th line in 2012? Tell me who on that line is some bad ass mother ****er? None and guess what? They were the best 4th line in the league at the time.

cjbhab*

It's obviously way better to start a guy who had a hard time breaking 30 points this season, while having a horrible defensive game.

Quit playing NHL 14. A 4th line of Galchenyuk - Briere - Weise isn't winner in the playoffs..

Well then we've opened up a whole separate issue then.. we aren't good enough to win period, because if Moen is our best answer, we've got serious problems.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
20 feet? Try 6. Full speed, skates slashed, and loses balance. Not really trying to start a war here but there wasn't enough time there for Kreider to concentrate on anything other than a breakaway. No way is he thinking about anything other than scoring there.

Really not happy that Price is injured either. Not happy that Brassard got hit (he's had two shoulder surgeries in his career) and he's out either. I don't wish injuries on anyone, especially team MVP's like Price, Subban, Lundqvist, McD.

I get it's a galvanizing point, rallying cry, etc... and credit to the Habs and their coaching staff for finding a way to "hate" the Rangers and get their **** together. Good. Looking forward to a great series.
What remains, is that Kreider has done this three times already.
Ask to the insurance companies if a person keeps wrecking their car...
Premium will go up.
During regular season, you meet teams rarely.

There was a race between Ottawa and Rangers for a PO spot and Kreider hits Andersen.
Then during the PO, he hits Fleury.

Clean guy Kreider?

Is this a hit in the back?

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
In a way, for the fans, Price's injury is a relief because the expectations are definitely lowered and a loss won't be as devastating.

As for the players, it will also immediately create that sense of emergency they did not have in game 1.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
In a way, for the fans, Price's injury is a relief because the expectations are definitely lowered and a loss won't be as devastating.

As for the players, it will also immediately create that sense of emergency they did not have in game 1.

And what I hate about that is because you never know when you will be back. And the Cup Finals were on hand. And most importantly, are we going to use that excuse to stay put in our lineup?

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Galchenyuk>>>Moen, Prust

Also, Prust outside of two games has been pretty awful the entire playoffs. Bournival looked good with Briere and Weise against Tampa. Rangers aren't really a physical team, the Habs don't need bruisers in the lineup. With Tokarski in goal, the Canadiens need score to give themselves a cushion for rookie mistakes. Prust, Moen does not increase the likelihood of goals.

If the Canadiens can get by Boston with a non-physical 4th line and their most physical D in the press box, they can do so against the Rangers.

Galchenyuk shouldn't even be on the 4th line anyway.

Pacioretty Desharnais Vanek
Galchenyuk Plekanec Gallagher
Bourque Eller Gionta
Bournival Briere Weise

make it happen MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad