Player Discussion Dylan Cozens, C/RW, 2019 7th overall Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
Boldy got 7 x 7 as a draft year comparable. Tage got 7.1 x 7 as an internal comparable.

Those are pretty reasonable and anywhere between 7-8 is probable. Anything less than 8 long-term will be well worth it.
Well........sh*t! I like Boldy, but looking at his stats so far 7x7 seems excessive for a player with only 91 games on his resume. Set the market though.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Sure. And it's hearsay, but Andrew Peters has noted on more that one occasion that 'reportidly, he was asking for $6m/per'. I personally find Peters does not report things that aren't authentic and coming from a solid source.

Yeah, Peters doesn't usually say anything unless it's real. He's not one of those hacks who passes along every little thing he hears or floats his own personal speculation as rumor.

• Haha
Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
I wouldn’t mind an 8x8, anything less which is possible I’d consider a win. He’s only going to get even better. He’s a huge piece for the future.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Yesterday solidified an impression that has been forming for me over this season. Dylan Cozens is becoming a clutch player. I think he is and will continue to become the guy you rely on to score those clutch goals. Apologies if someone has mentioned this before (we create a lot of posts on here lol)

Clutch Stonehands from Whitehorse! :sarcasm:

Yes, I used the sarcasm emoji to not get attacked

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Clutch Stonehands from Whitehorse! :sarcasm:

Yes, I used the sarcasm emoji to not get attacked
He might not dazzle with his hands but he has learned this season how to better release the puck and he's putting it higher up in the net and finishing plays. You might just be poking fun at some skeptical posts though.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
He might not dazzle with his hands but he has learned this season how to better release the puck and he's putting it higher up in the net and finishing plays. You might just be poking fun at some skeptical posts though.
He might not be a guy who is going to dangle but he is a very smooth stick handler good at protecting the puck and being able to beat defenders with simple moves going inside or outside and like you said he always has the puck in a position to pass or shoot

Reactions: Matt Ress

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
6.5x8

shouldn't make more than TT
You’re going to have to make your peace with the fact that Tage isn’t his comparable. If he broke out on his second contract after doing nothing a few years from now…he would be.

his comparables are Hughes and Stutzle and guys that broke out under their ELC. You arent getting a “could be a fluke, let’s both take some risk” deal with a 21 year old who produces like this because his trajectory is not only much safer to project than Thompson…it’s not the anomaly that Thompson was.

Be happy they saved on Tage.

Cozens is an 8 million dollar 8 year contract comparable.

It is what it is. You should be happy he’s developed into it…because that’s the goal.

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
You’re going to have to make your peace with the fact that Tage isn’t his comparable. If he broke out on his second contract after doing nothing a few years from now…he would be.

his comparables are Hughes and Stutzle and guys that broke out under their ELC. You arent getting a “could be a fluke, let’s both take some risk” deal with a 21 year old who produces like this because his trajectory is not only much safer to project than Thompson…it’s not the anomaly that Thompson was.

Be happy they saved on Tage.

Cozens is an 8 million dollar 8 year contract comparable.

It is what it is. You should be happy he’s developed into it…because that’s the goal.
NO

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I don’t know what to tell you. But there isn’t an agent alive who is going to care about Tage Thompson’s deal when the rest of the league is signing actual comparable situations to bigger money.

Found the Pegula burner account

• Haha
Reactions: ValJamesDuex

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
Offer the same contract as Tage and see if he takes it, what a player, such a genuine kid who loves the game and his teammates. There's so many likeable guys on the team but Cozens definitely one of the most.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
It’d great if he takes the TT deal, but I’d rather have him on an 8x8. Wouldn’t be surprised with an 8.5 x 8.

Stutzle is his comp although I think Stutzle is better. If they got a 6.5x8 like someone suggested DC would be in the running for most valuable asset in the league.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
I heard someone compare the kid to Ryan Kesler pre-draft and I can't shake it, albeit a much skinnier version.

Speed, High motor, ultra competitive, leadership, intangibles, clutch. I love watching this kid play hockey.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the kid would murder a grizzly bear with his bare hands to get one in the win column for his team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad