Player Discussion Dylan Cozens, C/RW, 2019 7th overall Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
As much as I joke about his "stone hands", he's absolutely a player I want them to build around. His skating is elite, which might be more important anyway. His hands look better this year too, but it is me just poking fun and trolling a bit during games.

Thinking about him at 23-30 years old, he's going to be hugely important for the cup aspirations this organization will start having. That's why you lock him up for 8 years and know you have one of your homegrown lynch pins locked in and ready to go. He'll never be the type to get his contract and rest on his laurels, which seemed to be a problem with our previous core.

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
I heard someone compare the kid to Ryan Kesler pre-draft and I can't shake it, albeit a much skinnier version.

Speed, High motor, ultra competitive, leadership, intangibles, clutch. I love watching this kid play hockey.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the kid would murder a grizzly bear with his bare hands to get one in the win column for his team.
A decade of bruin-murdering sounds really good to me. :thumbu:

Genny Screamer

Jul 11, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Cozens strikes me as a dude that doesn’t play hockey for the money. Of course, he wants to get paid, but his money will probably go into a nice pickup truck, plot of land, etc so he can hunt and fish in the great white north. He is a standup guy that will sacrifice a little bit to help the team win. He does that both on the ice and off the ice. His parents raised a great kid.

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
Cozens strikes me as a dude that doesn’t play hockey for the money. Of course, he wants to get paid, but his money will probably go into a nice pickup truck, plot of land, etc so he can hunt and fish in the great white north. He is a standup guy that will sacrifice a little bit to help the team win. He does that both on the ice and off the ice. His parents raised a great kid.
I agree. Seems like most of the boys have that attitude to be honest. like the order of importance for the guys seems to be...

1.) Do I love my teammates? Yes
2.) Do I love playing in Buffalo? Yes
3.) Than figure out the money.

After Dahlins letter I wouldn't be shocked if he signs for only 9mil AAV to keep some meat on the bone for the rest of his teammates.

The overall vibe seems like the boys are team orientated>money driven.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Bucci just retweeted this. Seems like it's coming.

That deal would be amazing. Hell, under 8 would be amazing.
I agree. Seems like most of the boys have that attitude to be honest. like the order of importance for the guys seems to be...

1.) Do I love my teammates? Yes
2.) Do I love playing in Buffalo? Yes
3.) Than figure out the money.

After Dahlins letter I wouldn't be shocked if he signs for only 9mil AAV to keep some meat on the bone for the rest of his teammates.

The overall vibe seems like the boys are team orientated>money driven.

I've wondered if he might take a little less to keep the band together. If Cozens, one of his besties, comes in low after his partner came in low and his top center came in low... :partytime:

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
I love this kid and want him to be a Sabre for life, the the CBA wasn't a thing I'd give him the DiPietro contract right now.

rounders-teddykgb-pay-up-me-gif-18394622.gif

Although if the speculation is true it's awesome that he could sign for what might be below market value.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Exactly…apples and oranges
Then compare apples to apples and see what players whose breakout happens under their ELC get. Because it’s MORE than Tage did. Guys are getting 8 per year in Cozens position. If he takes less than Tage the saving isn’t what he’s making less than Tage. It’s what hes making less than Josh Norris and the actual apples like him.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Then compare apples to apples and see what players whose breakout happens under their ELC get. Because it’s MORE than Tage did. Guys are getting 8 per year in Cozens position. If he takes less than Tage the saving isn’t what he’s making less than Tage. It’s what hes making less than Josh Norris and the actual apples like him.

Right, Tage deal isn’t apples or oranges…it’s a rare green pomegranate

Reactions: Jacob582

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad