Player Discussion Dylan Cozens, C/RW, 2019 7th overall Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm mildly curious to know whose baby that is. I know Tuch just proposed in the fall, Krebs did over Christmas from what's been posted around here but I haven't seen mention of any of that crew having a kiddo.

As for the contract, it would rock if something were to be announced when they get back to WNY.

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
I'm mildly curious to know whose baby that is. I know Tuch just proposed in the fall, Krebs did over Christmas from what's been posted around here but I haven't seen mention of any of that crew having a kiddo.

As for the contract, it would rock if something were to be announced when they get back to WNY.
I assumed it was Tage’s baby 🤷‍♂️

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf

Maybe they just found one on the beach :help:

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA

Asplund just proposed to his smokeshow of a girlfriend now too lol

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Dylan Cozens

Screenshot-2023-02-06-at-9.52.47-PM-1.png

Speaking of players who will be coming off their entry-level contracts, there’s Cozens in Buffalo. He’s had an encouraging start to his NHL career, and is really starting to put his skill on display this season. The center is excellent at getting the puck into the zone, and now is building on that to turn those entries into scoring chances more consistently.

Buffalo’s been willing to bet on their players sooner than later — Mattias Samuelsson and Tage Thompson were each signed ahead of their contracts’ expiration in an effort to save money. So do the Sabres take a similar approach here? Or, do they add to the league trend of signing future stars to lengthy contracts early into the NHL careers to ensure they pay skaters in their primes?

If Cozens signs with term now, it probably won’t reach his $6 million market value. But maybe it comes in a bit below that in the $4-5 million range. If not, there’s always the option of going short-term first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad