Player Discussion Dylan Cozens, C/RW, 2019 7th overall Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It's too bad they can't negotiate with Dahlin yet. Literally the second that they can extend him give him 8 years 80 million and be done with it.

I'm starting to think they ask him what he wants to keep the band together and see where the figure shakes out. Is it possible it isn't over 10M?

Back to Cozens, the transition game is there and they have a very productive youngster locked in. The pay scale of the team is starting to take shape and it looks like they will have some economy in places.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
I'm starting to think they ask him what he wants to keep the band together and see where the figure shakes out. Is it possible it isn't over 10M?

Back to Cozens, the transition game is there and they have a very productive youngster locked in. The pay scale of the team is starting to take shape and it looks like they will have some economy in places.
Yeah, I guess it depends on what he wants. If he's consistently scoring 90+ points and playing in every situation then it'll be tough to ask him to take less than 10. He'll probably be the best defensemen in the league next year if he's not that already.

I'm going OT though. my bad.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
6.5 long term woulda been amazing. But 7 years is whats up. It's the best contract we could have realistically hoped for.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Absolutely. I was thinking if he gets term he would come in AAV wise, just under Tage. 6.25 was my thought but 7.1 is fine as the cap will inevitably go up
6.25 would be the dream but two way match up centers that can scire near ppg pace is pretty expensive we essentially now have two 1c's on discounts.

Reactions: sabresfan129103

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
Cozens seems to be the kind of competitor who will not only make sure he’s worth the contract, but shatter expectations. When I try to pick my favorite player on the team, I’m just like Michael Bolton from Office Space when asked about which Michael Bolton song is his favorite.

“All of them.” Except I mean it :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Paxon

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
I remember a thread in the beginning of this year asking which player you were most excited to see and I don't wrong about picking cozens

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Everything is coming up Dylan this week!

1675966895360.png

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I could see "Eh, maybe Dahls" as a way to bust on a friend too because of the ridiculousness of it.
I figured he would keep it to the ELC crew: Krebs, JJP, Quinn, Sammy, and Power.

And now that I look at CapFriendly, he was a bad answer since he is no longer waiver exempt.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I figured he would keep it to the ELC crew: Krebs, JJP, Quinn, Sammy, and Power.

And now that I look at CapFriendly, he was a bad answer since he is no longer waiver exempt.

I also appreciate his comments that they thought Adams would do more than Stillman and the "that's not my job, that's his job" about not closing the deal on the Chychrun trade.

Reactions: Jim Bob

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I went back to look at the initial reactions after he was drafted and wow were some people wrong. Everything I said in the first few pages would apply now. I'm not as bad as I thought. ^_^

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad